Options

The issue with Vote to Evict

Comments

• Options
    GrozzyGirlGrozzyGirl Posts: 1,827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Clearly you didn't read the OP. I'm neither happy nor unhappy. The result was a 100% foregone conclusion. I'm happy Marc's not the winner, as I've said.

Bit in bold - not it is not the way it was devised

1. I did read it, which is how I was able to say that the theory has no merit, and despite your protestations it's crystal clear you are unhappy with the result. You have made other posts in this thread which amplify your dissatisfaction with the result.
    I do not believe you are happy he isn't the winner, no I'm sorry but over the last few days I've seen enough of your opinion to say that I am sure you're fibbing.

2. It is.
  • Options
    viva.espanaviva.espana Posts: 8,500
    Forum Member
    GrozzyGirl wrote: »
    1. I did read it, which is how I was able to say that the theory has no merit, and despite your protestations it's crystal clear you are unhappy with the result. You have made other posts in this thread which amplify your dissatisfaction with the result.
    I do not believe you are happy he isn't the winner, no I'm sorry but over the last few days I've seen enough of your opinion to say that I am sure you're fibbing.

What a nice approach, accusing someone of lying. Not.

As a Marc fan and someone who has read, I would think, the majority of Patsy's posts re Marc as I really liked her very warts-and-all take on him, I would say she's being 100% honest.

And the VTE point is a valid one, particularly when the HL's edit seems cynically designed to promote negativity. Were the HL's more balanced/longer, allowing us to see more of the day-to-day (often much more interesting and meaningful and rounded) interaction and less focused on the arguments and negativity, then VTE would be fine. When it's VTE driven by BB's own unpleasantly negative agenda, then it does imo result in extra sourness on here.
  • Options
    Vicky.Vicky. Posts: 5,948
    Forum Member
    If VTE stays, they need to stop putting so many up too. Loads up with VTE pretty much guarantees the biggest personality will go, which is not a good thing.

The 4 in 4 out thing proved that, the two most boring stayed, as expected.
  • Options
    Aura101Aura101 Posts: 8,327
    Forum Member
    Vicky. wrote: »
    If VTE stays, they need to stop putting so many up too. Loads up with VTE pretty much guarantees the biggest personality will go, which is not a good thing.

The 4 in 4 out thing proved that, the two most boring stayed, as expected.

they started putting up more housemates AFTER they brought back VTE. the logic amongst the production on this show is just bizarre :confused:
  • Options
    GrozzyGirlGrozzyGirl Posts: 1,827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

As a Marc fan and someone who has read, I would think, the majority of Patsy's posts re Marc as I really liked her very warts-and-all take on him, I would say she's being 100% honest.

And the VTE point is a valid one, particularly when the HL's edit seems cynically designed to promote negativity. Were the HL's more balanced/longer, allowing us to see more of the day-to-day (often much more interesting and meaningful and rounded) interaction and less focused on the arguments and negativity, then VTE would be fine. When it's VTE driven by BB's own unpleasantly negative agenda, then it does imo result in extra sourness on here.

Well I do think she is not telling the truth, I don't believe what she says became its contradicts her other posts and even this OP.

As you like her so you're biased, I don't know anything about her other than what I've seen her say and what I saw was a distinct favouritism to him and some of that was based on nationality.
    As I say, long winded unfounded theory when she could have just said she was sulking because her favourite was out and made a total liar of himself ( and fools of many of his supporters) in the process.

VTE is the way it should be. The sourness comes from people getting upset when their wee Irish bonny lad gets the boot,
  • Options
    Vicky.Vicky. Posts: 5,948
    Forum Member
    Aura101 wrote: »
    they started putting up more housemates AFTER they brought back VTE. the logic amongst the production on this show is just bizarre :confused:

Yeah very strange logic. The more up with VTE, the bigger personality tends to go, regardless of how popular they actually are. This goes way back too. I mean, I HATED Nikki with a passion. but when she was evicted she was insanely popular.
  • Options
    patsylimerickpatsylimerick Posts: 22,124
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Thank you. :blush: I'm glad that came across because if anyone wants to check my posts on it they'll find I referred to him as an irritant most of the time - just one I found quite funny and likeable.

I genuinely never expected or wanted him to win - I knew he wouldn't. I also KNEW he was straight out the minute he was up in a vte. My winner (again if anyone wants to check my posts they'll know that) was Nick, but I've been very up and down with him. I've found myself warming to Joel at times; either will do for me.

GrozzyGirl, if you knew half as much about me as you think you do; you'd know that the one thing I can't stand is liars. I'm particularly not fond of being called one; so consider yourself on ignore.
  • Options
    viva.espanaviva.espana Posts: 8,500
    Forum Member
    GrozzyGirl wrote: »
    As you like her so you're biased, I don't know anything about her other than what I've seen her say and what I saw was a distinct favouritism to him and some of that was based on nationality.

What a truly bizarre and illogical response. :D

I'm biased because I happen to have liked another poster's imo very objective and not overwhelmingly flattering take on Marc. And that the reason for that is that I must know more than you about her, hence my bias?!! :D:D

If I agree with another poster who doesn't share your views, will the same logic apply?
  • Options
    Dr. ClawDr. Claw Posts: 7,375
    Forum Member
    vote to evict ensures nobodies like sam get through
  • Options
    carnoch04carnoch04 Posts: 10,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Bit in bold - not it is not the way it was devised.

How do you come to that conclusion? The first BB in Netherlands in 1999 was vote to evict.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    carnoch04 wrote: »
    How do you come to that conclusion? The first BB in Netherlands in 1999 was vote to evict.

Yes, but we're not talking about BB Netherlands, are we? We're talking about BB Ch5 - where the first two series were vote to save.
  • Options
    carnoch04carnoch04 Posts: 10,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes, but we're not talking about BB Netherlands, are we? We're talking about BB Ch5 - where the first two series were vote to save.

So the C4 years don't count? Very weak argument. BB was designed to be VTE. Fact. C5 tried VTS and didn't think it worked so they changed it back.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    carnoch04 wrote: »
    So the C4 years don't count? Very week argument. BB was designed to be VTE. Fact. C5 tried VTS and didn't think it worked so they changed it back.

It's not a weak argument at all. This incarnation began with a vote to save following pressure from viewers who were irritated with big characters being culled and woeful finals (the last Ch4 BB being an excellent example). They should have, IMO, stuck with it. Let's have a house that a lot of people like to watch. Not a house full of people who haven't made much impact one way or another.
  • Options
    XXRunXXXXRunXX Posts: 2,485
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Much prefer vote to evict, I would never be arsed enough to pick up the phone in a vote to save.

We may end up with boring HMs in a vote to evict, but there is nothing as satisfying than your enemy getting voted out through vote to evcit.!

But I no longer vote, I would if we had less manipulation from BB and also Live Feed, I'll decide who I'm going to vote and not by the storyline that C5 promote!
  • Options
    TrumblesTrumbles Posts: 7,781
    Forum Member
    I've always been in favour of VTE (btw, it's absurd that some posters seem to think this is the first BB and possibly the first eviction for which this problem has been raised). It provides a different sort of challenge to those in the show before the positive vote in the final. Of course, with the number of twists in the show it's impossible to know how to play it these days but I find it more interesting.
    And when you say it intensifies hostility, are you referring to among the viewers on here (as you stated in your OP)? If so, then take my word for it: that is bollocks. The forum was just as negative under VTS as it is under VTE. Face it, this show brings out some pretty unpleasant people and brings out the unpleasant side in lots of others, and it has nothing to do with the voting system. You need look no further than this week for evidence - most of the abuse on here was aimed at people who weren't even up for the vote, like Danny and Aisleyne.
    Agreed.
    The forum has been a s**thole this series but putting that down to VTE is a bit odd. It's not as though the vibe during CBB is always that great. Nor was it during BB12 for that matter.

The atmosphere in here depends on the characters of the HMs in the house and the FMs who support them. That and whether we're mostly on the same page or not.
    bluegroper wrote: »
    With characters like Marc they walk a fine line knowing when to wind people up when to back off. In Marc's case he just wouldn't back off and becomes uncomfortable for the HM's leading to full scale arguments and can look like harassment to the viewers.

Marc was never going to be safe up against 4 HM's in a VTE.

There are pros and cons for VTS and VTE the producers should mix it up from time to time. Put the whole house up in week 2 or 3 with a double eviction and VTS will usually clean out the dullards and fence sitters.
    I do think there's a case for the odd most/all up with VTS in a generally VTE series. Week 2 might be a bit early, but something to strip the wallpaper once a series would be just enough to keep HMs on their toes.
  • Options
    XXRunXXXXRunXX Posts: 2,485
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's not a weak argument at all. This incarnation began with a vote to save following pressure from viewers who were irritated with big characters being culled and woeful finals (the last Ch4 BB being an excellent example). They should have, IMO, stuck with it. Let's have a house that a lot of people like to watch. Not a house full of people who haven't made much impact one way or another.

OMG the last C4 BB is that the one where they threw everything bar the kitchen sink, to make sure Josie stayed in?
  • Options
    Radical JoeRadical Joe Posts: 15,743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

You corrected someone who said VTE was how the show was devised. BB was devised in the late 1990's by Endemol. C5 had absolutely naff-all to do with it. That poster was right. VTE was there from the off, and was changed, temporarily, by Endemol, once it went to C5.

As I said, there are arguments for VTS, but to argue for it on the basis that Endemol changed that aspect of it for two series is not one of them.
  • Options
    Vicky8675309Vicky8675309 Posts: 3,759
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Vicky. wrote: »
    The problem with VTE is that it encourages fencesitters. People know now that if they are up for eviction..sit and be quiet for the week and there's not much chance they will go. Hell if I was on the show I would probably do it myself.

However, the downside of VTS is that if there is a housemate you really cannot stand (ie. Connor) it becomes impossible to get rid of them because despite being horrid...people keep them for the drama.

Having said that, I would rather be stuck with someone I hate than have a houseful of Chloe/Sams.

well said!
  • Options
    TrumblesTrumbles Posts: 7,781
    Forum Member
    Incidentally, I don't think it was inevitable that Marc would go last night (and whilst some predicted it, others who are now saying it was inevitable seemed startled at the time).

What may have done for him was Harry having such a bad HL on Thursday. His supporters didn't know whether to target her or Jack.
  • Options
    Aura101Aura101 Posts: 8,327
    Forum Member
    Salv* wrote: »
    I've always hated VTE.

How different would X Factor, BGT, Strictly, IAC be with a 'vote to remove'? BB being the only reality show to use a negative vote gets too many dullards stay to the end. Even a few BBs across the world have changed it to a save vote resulting in better hms getting further.

I don't know that C5 prefer though. If they preferred evict than why would they keep the save for CBB and if they prefer save why don't they change it. But they are using one for one and one for another.

Aaron wouldn't have won BB12 if it was VTE as he wouldn't have gotten to the final.

Well I believe (unless someone can correct me) the UK version of BB is now the only one left Which uses vote to evict .
    I'm guessing endemol don't like it. But for some reason someone at channel 5 does.
  • Options
    AimeeAimee Posts: 3,366
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've said it SOOOO many times, they need two vote lines for each person; one to eveict one to save.

they they take one from the other and the person with the most evict votes left goes.

That's the ONLY fair way.

No arguments, nothing.
  • Options
    BabelBrookBabelBrook Posts: 12,837
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There is very litlle wrong with the voting system. If a HM wishes to avoid being evicted by the combined voting of the supporters of many of the other HMs perhaps he shouldn't pee them all off. Simples.
  • Options
    ArcanaArcana Posts: 37,521
    Forum Member
    Aimee wrote: »
    I've said it SOOOO many times, they need two vote lines for each person; one to eveict one to save.

they they take one from the other and the person with the most evict votes left goes.

That's the ONLY fair way.

No arguments, nothing.

Precisely. I've said it many times too.

I don't see any reason why voters who particularly want someone to stay should be favoured over people who particularly want someone to go...OR vice versa. Give both camps an equal chance. It could be kept for the final even...so that if there's nobody you particularly want to win you can vote for someone you don't want to win.
  • Options
    Arthur_BArthur_B Posts: 3,723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Regardless of the fact that it was "Vote to Evict" from the beginning, I've ALWAYS had an issue with that format. It has almost always resulted in big entertaining characters leaving the show too early on in my opinion. Vote to Save may not have been perfect, but it was A LOT better for me.

I totally get why not everyone liked Marc, but he at least added something to the show. I mean, would people really want to see the likes of Danny, Chloe and Jack all getting along for weeks on end? I personally feel that Channel 5 are FAR too obsessed with conflict, yet having said that there needs to be SOME drama. The food fight episode was good and fun, but would you want that day in/day out? That's why I'm so against Vote to Evict, it often leads to the demise of the big, interesting characters.
  • Options
    Fairy WingsFairy Wings Posts: 5,680
    Forum Member
    Far worse and definitely more unfair than either VTE or VTS is immunity for 4 weeks on the trot. ;-)