Options

Official weekly vote percentages from last year.

jakewa2jakewa2 Posts: 734
Forum Member
✭✭
I understand ITV are going to officially reveal the weekly phone vote numbers after this series of X Factor has finished. If they legally obliged to do this then surely they are obliged to release figures from previous years also. Does anyone have the figures from previous years or know how to go about getting them?

Comments

• Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anyone?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 956
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    All i know is that Leona won with 60+%, that will be interesting if they release the voting figures! Are they really gonna do that?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm sure I read on here when Laura got eliminated that they would - they couldn't do it during series because it would ruin the tension.
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I remember Leona was 2% off finishing 3rd in Series 3!

It will be interesting to see though. I really hope they do because i actually think that Rachel had more votes to win than JLS on week 7!
  • Options
    meglosmurmursmeglosmurmurs Posts: 35,110
    Forum Member
    Aren't they going to release it at the end of the competition?
    They've said that they won't do it before it ends because it might give the public a big clue on who will win.

They've never released all the offical figures in the past so I only know a few things from previous years.
    Like last year, didn't they say that Leon got the most votes every week? :confused:
    And I specifically remember them saying that at the final, Leon was just 1% ahead of Rhydian until they sang the winner's song and then Leon ended up 10% ahead.

I also remember the year before that when it was the final 3 they said that there was just 3% between all 3 acts. :eek:
    And also Leona won the final with 60% to Ray's 40%.

I don't think I know much else. :confused:
    But it would be fascinating to know exactly what everyone got each week in this year's competition. :)
  • Options
    LaurieMarlowLaurieMarlow Posts: 5,003
    Forum Member
    They are so fricking cagey about releasing this stuff. I would absolutely love to know voting figures from last year. Aren't they supposed to release them under freedom of information?

From the small amount that we did get last year, if I remember correctly, it wasn't that Leon topped the voting every week, but that he was ahead of Rhydian every week. I'd guess that Nikki topped the poll once or twice early on.
  • Options
    meglosmurmursmeglosmurmurs Posts: 35,110
    Forum Member
    Oh I get this thread now. I suddenly switched to this years results instead. :o
    But that's because people have been demanding this years results especially after Laura-gate. :eek:

They may feel that releasing voting results from last year will only distract from this years competition. Anyway, I don't know how many people actually give a toss anymore. :confused: