The Cher Lloyd Appreciation Thread (Part 4)

Comments

• my name is joemy name is joe Posts: 4,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    WUB video up to 5 on USitunes.

Yes come on any passing Americans (we've long since forgiven you for the Boston Tea Party, we won't bite, promise) help us clueless Brits as to what this means. We need help!

that sounds good for the video. I heard WUB was no1 on some radio in Philadelphia...again not sure what that means, in requests? who knows?

Hopefully Philadelphia has a massive population and is a very influential state for music
  • FatfeatheryowlFatfeatheryowl Posts: 957
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Great interview to be found on Skyrock with skew tv a web tv thing in LA I think. Versions of WUB and Complicated, confirms new songs will be added to US version of the album and the Snoop Dogg version if WUB is in the can to be unleashed at some point.

Her interviewing is unrecognisable from a year ago or even six months. Chatty,relaxed, smiley. Just looks happy to be there and happy in her skin.

All great but I can't help thinking it would've made life easier for her if all that had been seen from her or ITV's editors eighteen months ago. Hey glass half full: she's there now.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great interview to be found on Skyrock with skew tv a web tv thing in LA I think. Versions of WUB and Complicated, confirms new songs will be added to US version of the album and the Snoop Dogg version if WUB is in the can to be unleashed at some point.

Her interviewing is unrecognisable from a year ago or even six months. Chatty,relaxed, smiley. Just looks happy to be there and happy in her skin.

All great but I can't help thinking it would've made life easier for her if all that had been seen from her or ITV's editors eighteen months ago. Hey glass half full: she's there now.

where's the link:mad::D

actually iv'e seen it i think...definitely improving on the interview game, just wish she'd get out of the habit of beginning sentences with "d'ya know what?":)

she's back in the UK, which seems slightly odd with the single released over there next week, but i'm sure they know what they're doing
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    where's the link:mad::D

actually iv'e seen it i think...definitely improving on the interview game, just wish she'd get out of the habit of beginning sentences with "d'ya know what?":)

she's back in the UK, which seems slightly odd with the single released over there next week, but i'm sure they know what they're doing

Yeah odd she's back right now. I'd had her down for being there another week. Seems to have gone well in so far as we know, but it's hard to work out what the actual impact is without being there or anyone out there telling us.

So we know there's going to be a revised S+S for America, that she's yet to record new stuff to go on there, and the Snoop Dogg version exists. We also know that radio adds are going "well", that the video is at 3m plus (disappointing its not more I feel) but that it's been hanging around in the top ten of the USiubes video chart for aboy ten days now. We haven't got a clue if that's significant in terms if sales numbers but it can't be a bad thing. Her twiuter folloers have slso been going up at a rate of knots and shouldnt be too loong vefore she gets to 1.5m safe ti assume most if the recent adds are Americans. About sum it up folks?

So WUB release is Tuesday? Think things build much more slowly in USA than our roller coaster madness of a chart but what do we think for an eventual highest position and sales? Top 40? 200k? Higher? More? Less? Lower?

I ain't got a clue. I do know it's important though.:eek:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah odd she's back right now. I'd had her down for being there another week. Seems to have gone well in so far as we know, but it's hard to work out what the actual impact is without being there or anyone out there telling us.

So we know there's going to be a revised S+S for America, that she's yet to record new stuff to go on there, and the Snoop Dogg version exists. We also know that radio adds are going "well", that the video is at 3m plus (disappointing its not more I feel) but that it's been hanging around in the top ten of the USiubes video chart for aboy ten days now. We haven't got a clue if that's significant in terms if sales numbers but it can't be a bad thing. Her twiuter folloers have slso been going up at a rate of knots and shouldnt be too loong vefore she gets to 1.5m safe ti assume most if the recent adds are Americans. About sum it up folks?

So WUB release is Tuesday? Think things build much more slowly in USA than our roller coaster madness of a chart but what do we think for an eventual highest position and sales? Top 40? 200k? Higher? More? Less? Lower?

I ain't got a clue. I do know it's important though.:eek:

It is. I don't know what to expect tbh, i wouldn't expect 1D kind of success...she's not a boyband and she's not had the high level TV exposure they had. But possibly a top 20 hit would be a good result and hopefully that's being pessimistic not optimistic:o and top 10 for S+S? i really don't know either.

i am very intrigued to hear this Snoop WUB version tho, could be funny i think...much better idea than Astro anyway.

I can't fault the way Epic have gone about it whatever happens...just have to sit and watch now.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 558
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A bit of Perez cheese..:o:p

http://perezhilton.com/2012-05-21-perez-hilton-interviews-cher-lloyd-2

Good to see some old clips of Cher from XF, and agreeing with you joe on that "you know wot" but then again the same old questions get the same old answers..:rolleyes:
    One weird thing is Astro gets his mention on WUB, thought he was history regarding the US release..:confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    WUB vid up to 4 on USitunes. If only we knew if it meant anything!

Release of WUB tomorrow in US! Fingers crossed, let's not duck it, I think a hell of a lot hangs on it really to be honest including how much more we hear from her. Hopefully lots!!!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    WUB vid up to 4 on USitunes. If only we knew if it meant anything!

Release of WUB tomorrow in US! Fingers crossed, let's not duck it, I think a hell of a lot hangs on it really to be honest including how much more we hear from her. Hopefully lots!!!!

:D

we're all useless at this monitoring game on here.....out of touch:o It must mean something though surely

I think she'll be ok for the time being regardless, perhaps not for the longer term if it goes badly over there...but there are consolations as you said on the MF. This could easily never have happened at all coming from 4th place.

fingers crossed anyway for the release. It feels like the aircraft has just turned onto the runway - will it take off ok or crash into the perimeter fence?;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    :D

we're all useless at this monitoring game on here.....out of touch:o It must mean something though surely

I think she'll be ok for the time being regardless, perhaps not for the longer term if it goes badly over there...but there are consolations as you said on the MF. This could easily never have happened at all coming from 4th place.

fingers crossed anyway for the release. It feels like the aircraft has just turned onto the runway - will it take off ok or crash into the perimeter fence?;)

I know. I hate bloody take offs. It's the feeling of powerlessness as you trundle along gathering speed. You know it'll take off but you always think it could go bang and end in a fireball. Aren't I cheery!!!!:D
  • 4troy74troy7 Posts: 8,925
    Forum Member
    Guysssss Cher is currentley #203 on US itunes with Want U Back consdering that its just come out today and its takes time for a song to rise in US thats really good so far :eek: :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    4troy7 wrote: »
    Guysssss Cher is currentley #203 on US itunes with Want U Back consdering that its just come out today and its takes time for a song to rise in US thats really good so far :eek: :D

Troy, hi thanks for that. Is that position good at this stage then? Afraid we're all a bit clueless on here at this stuff? Any light in the darkness would help greatly:D
  • 4troy74troy7 Posts: 8,925
    Forum Member
    Troy, hi thanks for that. Is that position good at this stage then? Afraid we're all a bit clueless on here at this stuff? Any light in the darkness would help greatly:D
    its now 185 and yeah I think its a good start so far :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,057
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    4troy7 wrote: »
    its now 185 and yeah I think its a good start so far :)

It's 149 now and still rising :) Would be great if it reaches the top 100. I'm not expecting 1D's instant success as they already had a huge fanbase (thanks to twitter) and when their song was released it instantly charted at #10 within a day. I think with the right promo and radio tours that Cher will develop a fanbase in the states and hopefully she'll get a hit song and album.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Stally wrote: »
    It's 149 now and still rising :) Would be great if it reaches the top 100. I'm not expecting 1D's instant success as they already had a huge fanbase (thanks to twitter) and when their song was released it instantly charted at #10 within a day. I think with the right promo and radio tours that Cher will develop a fanbase in the states and hopefully she'll get a hit song and album.

Stally thanks. Yeah sadly don't think we were expecting a 1D rerun, nice though that wouldve been but thanks for the updates. Any link to the top US 200? I can only find the US top 100.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stally thanks. Yeah sadly don't think we were expecting a 1D rerun, nice though that wouldve been but thanks for the updates. Any link to the top US 200? I can only find the US top 100.

Here: http://livepopbars.com/lpb1024.php?Region=143441&Chart=34

Now #140 :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Stally wrote: »

Many thanks:) By the way 133 now
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    doing ok then?;)

she's got a no1 trend ww right now just to remind any dozey brats out there that today is the day - which helps:)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 158
    Forum Member
    She is at 107 now!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One of the biggest stations in America called Z100 New York just added WUB to their playlist. This is great news as the other stations in America usually copy them.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,882
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi Guys, haven't been on this thread in a while. I just checked and she has moved into the top 100 currently at 99. Lets hope it keeps rising.
  • ICON111ICON111 Posts: 3,441
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    77 now! COME ON CHER SLAY AMERICA PLEASE!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 143
    Forum Member
    ICON111 wrote: »
    77 now! COME ON CHER SLAY AMERICA PLEASE!

And she's moved up to 75 now, yay!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    well, i still don't know if his is good or indifferent tbh. What happens now it's stuck at 75?:)

i know it's different over there and songs climb slowly unlike the first day rush up the charts we have here, but is this looking healthy just now. I still need some wider context for this:o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    well, i still don't know if his is good or indifferent tbh. What happens now it's stuck at 75?:)

i know it's different over there and songs climb slowly unlike the first day rush up the charts we have here, but is this looking healthy just now. I still need some wider context for this:o

Agree 1000%. I put out an appeal for help on the MF and though some are helping a but we really need a guru.

Now latest bad news is its's dropped to 77 on "live pop bars" but if I go in to apple iTunes direct it says 61. Again I just don't understand this stuff.:confused:

Also why release it yesterday and then say 24hrs later the "Snoop Dogg version" is out on Monday or whenever next week? Doesn't that just possibly cheese off those who've bought the first version and put a brake in sales till people have heard the new version. Again don't understand:confused: do hope this is not the spectre of Sycoesque cock up?

At least uncle Sumon tweeted about the track yesterday positively.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Agree 1000%. I put out an appeal for help on the MF and though some are helping a but we really need a guru.

Now latest bad news is its's dropped to 77 on "live pop bars" but if I go in to apple iTunes direct it says 61. Again I just don't understand this stuff.:confused:

Also why release it yesterday and then say 24hrs later the "Snoop Dogg version" is out on Monday or whenever next week? Doesn't that just possibly cheese off those who've bought the first version and put a brake in sales till people have heard the new version. Again don't understand:confused: do hope this is not the spectre of Sycoesque cock up?

At least uncle Sumon tweeted about the track yesterday positively.

sod it, i'm gonna venture on the 1d AT...see if they know with their experience. It's scary but someone's gotta do it:)
This discussion has been closed.