Options

XF: UK vs US vs OZ Series 2 | Live Show #5

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Next is the last remaining boy, and he`d do anything for love, so get ready ladies.....It`s Reece Mastin!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EVFkUgL72ss
  • Options
    yohinnchildyohinnchild Posts: 52,532
    Forum Member
    Reece Mastin
    You're the last boy standing in the competition and I have been a fan of yours even through some of the less good performances. Last week I thought you had turned a corner song choice wise and you were given something which I felt suited you a lot more and was less karaoke, unfortunately this week it was a case of fifty steps back. Not only was this weeks song not current I don't think Meat Loaf as a song choice really suits a teenager in this competition. I am a champion of acts taking risks, however for a risk to pay off it needs to work and whilst I liked the stripped back nature of the song I really didn't think the song suited who you are as an artist and what you need to do in this competition. There's a double tonight and I'm worried for you.
  • Options
    jackamakkajackamakka Posts: 4,625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tom's comments: Reece
    *standing ovation*
    Reece, what a risk! What a pay off! Yeah baby! You showed us that you have the vocals, I loved it, you really surprised me tonight, in a good way, loved it! Your mentor has done a great job.
  • Options
    SoppyfanSoppyfan Posts: 29,911
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Reece, I have to commend your mentor for taking perhaps one of the greatest risks he has ever taken. However, I'm afraid that tonight, it didn't pay off for you. The song choice wasn't really suited to your voice and I was feeling disappointed by the end of the performance. It was a great effort, but for the first time, I am worried for you tonight, because you could be in trouble.
  • Options
    Kuda_KunakaKuda_Kunaka Posts: 2,703
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    *standing Ovation*

Last week, you were rocking on that stage on a Linkin Park number, and this week, we tried out a different style of rock to keep it unpredictable: Progressive rock. And I thought that was commendable and bold!! We've been doing modern stuff up to now and tonight, we showed a more mature side to you, both in the lyrics of th sonf and in the vocals. The dynamics of that song are crazy but your mastered them well and delivered are very strong performance! Great vocal. Well Done
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Back to the second of tonight’s Girls, and looking for her place in the Quarter Final, it’s a eerie Janet Devlin with Asleep from “Sucker Punch”:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uwDVHT8I7YA
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Janet Devlin
    Janet you were saved last week and I guess you need to come back after a bottom 2 performance with a bang. I think I prefered what you were going to sing previously as the arrangement for the song was actually quite interesting. However this performance I found to be slightly flat and a rerun of your previous performances in this competition. You do seem to be pumping out the same vocal performance to the same range of songs and showing little versatility. I'd imagine you would be safe tonight not only because I'm inclined to believe you will get immunity but because you appear to have some hardcore fans on here. However overall for me I just think there is something very lacking from you overall in the competition and you really need to change it up as I'm a bit bored by your performances now.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tom's comments: Janet
    Janet, I am so upset, ok here is the thing, normally, in your performances I get into a trance and like just forget about everything and that you are the only thing on the planet, but tonight, I do not know what it was, I found myself drifting off, thinking about other things, like what I am going to have for tea. I certainly think/hope you will be safe, but next week I want you to either give the song more attack to make me go “oh hello swamp duck, look what we have here!” or go uptempo. It killed me to say that because I have always shown how much of a fan I am of you, I do not think you will go home, certainly not home, because you are amazing, but just try to give the song more attack and grab the audience straight away rather than a boring start and then losing your audience.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Janet. Do you realize how much that song touched me?! Last week was a shock moment, but you kept your focus and survived. We had to make a change and what a change I made here. Tonight, you were close to making me very emotional, but it shows how much work I've put in for you and the other girls.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That was my least favourite performance from you ever. I didn't like it. I didn't hear that uniqueness in terms of tone. The vocals were just ordinary for you Janet and I don't think you're just another ordinary singer. The performance felt a bit darker than usual for a girl like you which just made me not get into it as much as I could have. I think you might be in trouble tonight
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    The penultimate performance of the night is coming from a quirkie, and the surfs up where they are.....It`s Declan Sykes!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fgT9zGkiLig
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tom's comments: Declan
    Mr Sykes, you my friend are growing on me more and more, first live show, I am going to be honest, you was my least favourite, now, it is like you have switched on a switch you are on fire and each week you are growing on me and I am enjoying your performances more and more. Well done!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Declan Sykes
    Another excellent performance from you tonight. This song choice was more about getting you to push your vocals across. The last couple of performances have been upbeat and that type of performance doesn't necessary go with showing of your vocal ability so this slowed down song was slightly more stripped back to showcase that. I think you totally nailed it tonight and showed that you're not only a great performer but have the vocals too. Again I just want to say how amazed and pleased I am at how far Declan has made it in the competition. As always I've got so many ideas for him and would love it if people continued to support him and get him through to the next round. Vote Declan!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Declan, I understand that you've had a very bumpy ride so far in the competition. This week, I'm impressed that your mentor went for an Incubus song as their songs need more recognition. I think you are fast becoming a huge contender now and everyone else should stand up and take notice of you because you are becoming stronger each week. Well done tonight.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    David, hi 5 a moment?! THIS, I love! I thought that was a really good performance from you. I definitely suited your range and it was quite different to the other rock stuff you've done in the past and I have to say Im really impressed and that I kinda prefer this lighter, simplier side to you. So refreshing. Well Done
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Closing the show tonight is Tom’s American Over 25, the beautiful Stacy Francis with “This Will Be” from many movies, such as The Parent Trap:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wb41lCIYlVs
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Soppyfan wrote: »
    Declan, I understand that you've had a very bumpy ride so far in the competition. This week, I'm impressed that your mentor went for an Incubus song as their songs need more recognition. I think you are fast becoming a huge contender now and everyone else should stand up and take notice of you because you are becoming stronger each week. Well done tonight.

Has He :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tom's comments: Stacy
    *dancing in my seat, and stands and is dancing and singing along then standing ovation*
    Stacy, I am so proud of you tonight, you gave it your all, although it was an up tempo song, we still got to hear your beautiful powerful vocals, I loved it, 100% just loved it! So proud of you!!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Stacy Francis
    Stacy. as I've said you on a fair few occasions now the problem with you is that the song choices for you sound so dated that you lack any form of relevance. The vocals were good, but as when you had your sing off song something up to date and something that makes you current would be good and I think if you don't start modernising yourself that you will struggle to make it into the latter stages of the competition. I think with the double elimination tonight that you could well be in trouble.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stacy, I have enjoyed a few of your performances however tonight, I wasn't keen on the performance and the song choice. I felt that it was all a bit outdated and it really didn't help your vocals tonight. I think that it wasn't your best this week and I think you may well be in trouble tonight and if you are, I think you will pull it out of the bag once more.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Uhmm, I thought that was pretty amazing! You had me clicking my fingers and all. It was different but still soulfull and well suiting to you both in vocals and just how mature the performance felt. And you kinda went crazy towards the end and I loved that.. seeing you in control of the performance. I thought it was an awesome ending to the show
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So that’s it: all eight acts have performed but only six can be here again next week.

The judges will now vote for which act deserves Immunity from the Public Vote in tonight’s twist. Judges, please PM me a ranking of your three favourite contestants from tonight who YOU think deserve immunity: e.g.
    3 – Bob
    2 – Jim
    1 – Austin (idek)

See y’all once a majority has been reached for the announcement of which act has gained Immunity
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Are we excluded from nominating our own acts?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Soppyfan wrote: »
    Are we excluded from nominating our own acts?

Sorry, no. Judges are allowed to nominate their own acts within the three :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Jusa question - are you going to reveal who we are voted for for immunity... ie we PM you then you sort of reveal it?