The Final 12 - WTF? *Massive Spoiler Alert*

124»

Comments

• Flower PotFlower Pot Posts: 16,084
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Only just watched the results show and have one thing to say...............HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA! :D WTF were America thinking?
  • Metal MickeyMetal Mickey Posts: 1,606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wasn't that upset by the eliminations, but it's a pretty dull top 12.

I liked Lilly, but can see how she lost in the "busker" head-to-head with Crystal. Katelyn was always a bit "meh" to me though.

I can see why Todrick went, but he was the only real showman, so it's a shame he got the boot. Alex was my favourite amongst the cute boys, but he was such a frightened rabbit on stage I'm not surprised he was eliminated... I don't see why we needed Aaron and Tim though...

None of the boys excite me though - Lee, Casey and Andrew are all from the same cookie-cutter, and I just can't stand Big Mike, though I have to admit he can sing.

I'm probably alone in being glad Paige and Katie are still with us, they might bring some life to the girls' performances, which I can't see Didi (this year's chosen one), Lacey or Crystal doing.

Siobhan for the win for me, I have to say - fun, a bit left-field, maybe not the best voice, but a really good one, she'll make great song choices too...
  • _Zd_Phoenix__Zd_Phoenix_ Posts: 5,081
    Forum Member
    I was horrified Alex went. I find those pre-finalist live shows incredibly tedious as it is (makes me appreciate the judge's 'houses' on X Factor all the more), but without Alex's voice standing out, it's a pretty dull field atm. I know he had zero performance skills, but given the rather flimsy competition, seeing him leave was so disappointing.
  • PhoebicaPhoebica Posts: 2,863
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wasn't that upset by the eliminations, but it's a pretty dull top 12.

I liked Lilly, but can see how she lost in the "busker" head-to-head with Crystal. Katelyn was always a bit "meh" to me though.

I can see why Todrick went, but he was the only real showman, so it's a shame he got the boot. Alex was my favourite amongst the cute boys, but he was such a frightened rabbit on stage I'm not surprised he was eliminated... I don't see why we needed Aaron and Tim though...

None of the boys excite me though - Lee, Casey and Andrew are all from the same cookie-cutter, and I just can't stand Big Mike, though I have to admit he can sing.

I'm probably alone in being glad Paige and Katie are still with us, they might bring some life to the girls' performances, which I can't see Didi (this year's chosen one), Lacey or Crystal doing.

Siobhan for the win for me, I have to say - fun, a bit left-field, maybe not the best voice, but a really good one, she'll make great song choices too...

Not this crap again. Why do fans seem insistent on pretending there is a chosen one each year? The fans chosen one is usually the one they don't like and are annoyed because other people do seem to like him/her. Didi has had some bad comments from the judges so god knows why you've decided she's the chosen one.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,500
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did anyone see the reaction on Lilly's face when Ryan announced Katie was through over her? She looked very, very shocked to say the least. As if she thought she was definitely going through.

I never warmed to Lilly's personality, as much as a good performer she is.
  • Metal MickeyMetal Mickey Posts: 1,606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Phoebica wrote: »
    Not this crap again. Why do fans seem insistent on pretending there is a chosen one each year? ... Didi has had some bad comments from the judges so god knows why you've decided she's the chosen one.
    I fully admit Didi's had some bad comments since the live shows started, but she had a sweetheart edit (lots of coverage, all v. positive) in the earlier sections.

I don't sit in front of the TV with a stopwatch, that's just my impression - for the boys I'd say Big Mike & Andrew Garcia were neck-and-neck too, but we all seem to think they're hoping for a female winner this year.

Don't get upset, it's only telly :)
  • PhoebicaPhoebica Posts: 2,863
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I fully admit Didi's had some bad comments since the live shows started, but she had a sweetheart edit (lots of coverage, all v. positive) in the earlier sections.

I don't sit in front of the TV with a stopwatch, that's just my impression - for the boys I'd say Big Mike & Andrew Garcia were neck-and-neck too, but we all seem to think they're hoping for a female winner this year.

Exactly, it's only telly so no need to get too into it and decide someone has been favoured.

Who is she supposed to be chosen by anyway? Do you really think the entire American Idol Crew and judges all want exactly the same person to win?!
  • robbies_galrobbies_gal Posts: 32,226
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ive been away so just caught up with last week

wot is america on

lily was far better than katie and alot of others are shes too weak way too poppy and not interesing enough-same goes for aaron and tim very weak-i can see one of them winning now unfortunately

i know crystal and lily would be in the same style but i prefer that sopmeone wioth individulaity not pop crap

alex i wasnt too bothered about but i think todrick could have brought something exciting to the finals

all in all its a pretty bland top 12
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 327
    Forum Member
    Cannot believe Toderick is gone, vocally he is superior to nearly everyone in the top 12. And FYI Lily isn't that good a singer. American Idol is even more blatantly a popularity contest, more so than previous seasons. It just doesn't make sense, it's not even a talent competition anymore. The amount of talentless white females is shocking. All the girls apart from Crystal and Siobhan don't know how to sing, they get by on their looks and their 'story'. Take a page from the current lead singer from Journey. Doesn't matter what you look like or what your story is, all that matters is HOW YOU SING!
  • Reality SucksReality Sucks Posts: 28,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

If anyone's the chosen one I'd say it was Crystal Bowersox, However, like Phoebica, I don't believe they have a chosen one, and even if they did, it wouldn't make a lot of difference as they have to rely on the public vote. The panel all liked Lily, but it didn't make any difference to the publuc.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,407
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Crystal Bowersox is the anti-chosen one, unfortunately, the one they pimp early so that people get too high expectations of her and then she gets elminated in a *shock* top 5/4/3 elimination. :(