help with sky+ extension please

i went and bought the twin coax cable today and the wee silver bits for the ends, now it wont record and if it does that will eb the only channel i can watch but otherwise it is coming up no satellite signal is being recieved :( i have done nothing other than add this cable extension, can anyone help please?

Comments

• chrisjrchrisjr Posts: 33,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Double check the cable and especially the conectors. Make sure there is nothing wrong with either. The first thought is that maybe one of the feeds isn't connecting properly.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 223
    Forum Member
    i am seriously considering crying :( i have checked and double checked and i have nothing at all, no sky whatsoever, it advertises the sky anytime but if you select it, you get the no sattellite signal message. my 3 meters of cable is now about 2 meters and the telly is slowing moving back to where it was lol :(
  • mat.ralphmat.ralph Posts: 573
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Check that none of the braid is touching the core on each end of the faulty cable.
    Forum Member
    i dont know what that means,

it was working fine this morning and once i changed channel it is off again, im gonna crack up
  • Chris FrostChris Frost Posts: 11,015
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It sounds a bit like you have power to only one of the LNB connections. If you have a quad LNB (one with 4 sockets) then try cable swapping at the LNB. Next, check the Sky box to see that it has both LNBs enabled. Do a Google search how to do this..
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,087
    Forum Member
    the outer wispy wires must not touch the inner solid wire

the outer wispy wires must touch the outer casing of the wee silver bits

you will switch the power off to the box whilst screwing them on to box

you should have wire protruding from the wee silver thing

http://www.satcure.co.uk/tech/fconn.htm
    Forum Member
    i went today and bought 2 made up cables and put them on and it works, but i noticed that the 2 silver F fittings they gave me first time round were too big for the cable, thats prob why it didnt work,

thank you all for your help