Options

Mumsnet

Comments

• Options
    ABCWarriorABCWarrior Posts: 646
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Couldnt understand many of the cryptic codes they were using!

DH - Double Handjob
    DD - Double Dildo
    DS - Dipped Sausage
    AIBU - Arse Is Being Used
    YANBU - Your Arse Not Being Used?
    MN - Mike Nolan (out of Bucks's Fizz)

Hope that helps.
  • Options
    Tt88Tt88 Posts: 6,827
    Forum Member
    You need to check out the whats the most barking thing you've witnessed at a mum's group thread.

Honestly, it is just too funny!

I have one page of pretentiousness left and then i will look for that thread! :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,129
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ABCWarrior wrote: »
    DH - Double Handjob
    DD - Double Dildo
    DS - Dipped Sausage

Hope that helps.

Thank you...apart from the Mike Nolan one...you need help...and I need some mental bleach.
  • Options
    LaVieEnRoseLaVieEnRose Posts: 12,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    alfster wrote: »
    I see some one on Mumsnet nailed this site:

"I never heard of Digital Spy before. Seems an odd mixture of serious discussions, gossip and nonsense."

• Options
    Rowan HedgeRowan Hedge Posts: 3,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've just looked at a few and snorted already, def going to settle down with a glass of wine and this link later!

I am in hysterics at this thread,

http://www.mumsnet.com/Talk/mumsnet_classics/1598548-My-son-19-has-just-found-out-I-lied-to-him-and-he-is-not-happy

Son is upset :eek: :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,174
    Forum Member
    Loved the post about Whales saying "Alright Boyo" :D
  • Options
    Nessun DormaNessun Dorma Posts: 12,846
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

The trouble is, anywhere else, those posts would be considered to made tongue in cheek. From what I have observed from this lot, it is probably serious.
  • Options
    KJ44KJ44 Posts: 38,093
    Forum Member
    Tt88 wrote: »
    I have one page of pretentiousness left and then i will look for that thread! :D

Well worth it and hilarious in a sick way.
    http://www.mumsnet.com/Talk/mumsnet_classics/a1672284-Whats-the-most-barking-thing-youve-witnessed-at-a-mums-group
  • Options
    Jane Doh!Jane Doh! Posts: 43,307
    Forum Member
    My sister was going through a bitter separation and posted on there about some of the arguments they were having.

Some were sensible and said arguments are to be expected, try not to do it in front of the children, etc.

Some were complete morons and told her it was domestic violence, she was at risk, the children were at risk, go to a refuge immediately and never let him see the children again.

Guess which lot she was stupid enough to listen to? :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Mrs MackintoshMrs Mackintosh Posts: 1,870
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DH - Double Handjob
    DD - Double Dildo
    DS - Dipped Sausage

Hope that helps.

:D Just :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24
    Forum Member
    I've seen that happen a fair bit Jane.

'leave the basterd' is a running joke there.*

I saw a thread not long ago where a self admited verbally abusive woman was given advice on how to track her ex partner (DP ) down after he'd moved following said woman's brother threatening to kick his door down.

It was possibly a troll thread but there were plenty of enthusiastic responses.

When I was on there a modorator told me they'd been reading my PMs.*
  • Options
    Mrs MackintoshMrs Mackintosh Posts: 1,870
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Duncun wrote: »
    I've seen that happen a fair bit Jane.

'leave the basterd' is a running joke there.*

I saw a thread not long ago where a self admited verbally abusive woman was given advice on how to track her ex partner (DP ) down after he'd moved following said woman's brother threatening to kick his door down.

It was possibly a troll thread but there were plenty of enthusiastic responses.

When I was on there a modorator told me they'd been reading my PMs.*

That's out of order. I hardly ever PM anyone but it's horrible to think that someone's reading your private correspondence, no matter what the medium is.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,129
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's out of order. I hardly ever PM anyone but it's horrible to think that someone's reading your private correspondence, no matter what the medium is.

It is best to assume that nothing you write on or post on any forum or PM on any forum can be seen by the people who run the site.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22,736
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

There are plug ins that allow it on VBulletin. although I doubt DS Mods have the time or inclination to bother with it.
  • Options
    MinnimoMinnimo Posts: 5,741
    Forum Member
    I once forgot my login details, and one of the questions asked to get back on was to name a few people that I had pm'd recently. I wouldn't be so sure.

As much as I've found this thread fascinating, i thought there was a rule against talking about other forums?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 26,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Minnimo wrote: »
    I once forgot my login details, and one of the questions asked to get back on was to name a few people that I had pm'd recently. I wouldn't be so sure.

As much as I've found this thread fascinating, i thought there was a rule against talking about other forums?

Dunno but this thread has been going for yonks therefore the Mods must have seen it and its not been shut (yet). Therefore I'm happy to assume we are not breaking any rules.
  • Options
    MinnimoMinnimo Posts: 5,741
    Forum Member
    Lizzy11268 wrote: »
    Dunno but this thread has been going for yonks therefore the Mods must have seen it and its not been shut (yet). Therefore I'm happy to assume we are not breaking any rules.

I know. I'm glad because its entertained me no end!
    :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,562
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That baby fart thread is rather odd. I love my daughter but can honestly say I have never had any desire to sniff or lick her when she was born. Mainly because she had a overpowering stench of sour milk and talc 90% of the time.
  • Options
    Nessun DormaNessun Dorma Posts: 12,846
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lizzy11268 wrote: »

Actually, it's only been going for a few days.
  • Options
    CrazyLoopCrazyLoop Posts: 31,148
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone familiar with psychiatry will know that it's a big no-no to lead someone into thinking they have been abused without them suggesting the idea themselves. You DO NOT tell someone they ought to be traumatised, if they are dealing with whatever happened to them, whatver it is, and they say they are fine about it, the most you can say is 'tell me more about it.' I think the reason why should be obvious to anyone intelligent reading.

But Mumsnet advice is often dangerous, constantly telling confused or vulnerable people they were abused, their partner is abusive, that they were raped, that they need counselling... in fact, according to many there, it's all part of 'Rape Culture'! YOU MUST JOIN US... All from completely unqualified people, with an agenda. Very dangerous, I'd venture Mumsnet could find themselves in trouble about that one day.
    Find this very very very worrying.

Anyone who works with Children will be aware of safeguarding rules and non-leading questions when it comes to disclosing (possible) abuse.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 502
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

19 year old boy attached to a cuddly toy and he manages to get a girlfriend (sorry, GF). That has to be made up.:rolleyes:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 502
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    alfster wrote: »
    I see some one on Mumsnet nailed this site:

"I never heard of Digital Spy before. Seems an odd mixture of serious discussions, gossip and nonsense."

Just shows what a sheltered life they lead.

19 year old boy attached to a cuddly toy and he manages to get a girlfriend (sorry, GF). That has to be made up.:rolleyes:
    Jane Doh! wrote: »
    My sister was going through a bitter separation and posted on there about some of the arguments they were having.

Some were sensible and said arguments are to be expected, try not to do it in front of the children, etc.

Some were complete morons and told her it was domestic violence, she was at risk, the children were at risk, go to a refuge immediately and never let him see the children again.

Guess which lot she was stupid enough to listen to? :rolleyes:

They have a complete range from laid back moderates to man hating feminists who will gladly give a "sister" "helpful" advice. Some threads are dominated by one or the other instead of a sensible balance, and act without the usual restraint they would in real life.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    captham wrote: »

They have a complete range from laid back moderates to man hating feminists who will gladly give a "sister" "helpful" advice. Some threads are dominated by one or the other instead of a sensible balance, and act without the usual restraint they would in real life.
    I just wish she'd listened to the first lot. She ended up taking the children to a refuge without telling their dad where they were and it's just caused stress for everyone, the children most of all, and she's been ordered by a judge to return.

I don't know if this is going to have an effect on her case for residency. Stupid bloody Mumsnet and stupid bloody sister.
  • Options
    RAINBOWGIRL22RAINBOWGIRL22 Posts: 24,459
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jane Doh! wrote: »
    I just wish she'd listened to the first lot. She ended up taking the children to a refuge without telling their dad where they were and it's just caused stress for everyone, the children most of all, and she's been ordered by a judge to return.

I don't know if this is going to have an effect on her case for residency. Stupid bloody Mumsnet and stupid bloody sister.

She's been ordered by a judge to return where???
  • Options
    Forum Member
    She's been ordered by a judge to return where???

To the town the children live in, but not the house. There was no violence, it was all made up. The judge wants the children back at school and in familiar surroundings.