Name of European Film? (Adult Themed)

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 32
Forum Member
I remember watching a film late one night in the mid-nineties on bbc2 or channel four. It was shown after midnight.

It revolved around a woman and male biker. He would treat her in degrading ways. She was possibly a lady of the night. I remember a scene in a misty woodland, she takes a hairpin and wounds him in the groin. It was a shocking scene.

The final scene of the movie involved the biker travelling at high speed down a road, then being hit by a prisoner transport van from the side. He is thrown onto the road and lies motionless. A guard gets out the van to attend to him. The credits roll over this scene. I think the Arc de Triomphe is on the horizon in the distance. The camera films this from an aerial perspective.

The film had subtitles and the actors were white european, it maybe a french film.

Can anyone name the film? I would like to see it again. It's bugged me for over 20 years.

Thanks.

Comments

• Johnny ClayJohnny Clay Posts: 5,326
    Forum Member
    jock_land wrote: »
    The final scene of the movie involved the biker travelling at high speed down a road, then being hit by a prisoner transport van from the side. He is thrown onto the road and lies motionless. A guard gets out the van to attend to him. The credits roll over this scene. I think the Arc de Triomphe is on the horizon in the distance. The camera films this from an aerial perspective.
    Maybe not it, but this scene in particular is similar to end of The Girl on a Motorcycle (1968).

Not subtitled, but very Euro-artsy and it did get a showing on BBC 1 after midnight in May 1996.

The whole thing is on Youtube, btw.
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    Maybe not it, but this scene in particular is similar to end of The Girl on a Motorcycle (1968).

Not subtitled, but very Euro-artsy and it did get a showing on BBC 1 after midnight in May 1996.

The whole thing is on Youtube, btw.
    I remember another film which was newer, 80s or early 90s which was also about a girl who runs off with a biker.
    I probably watched it on terrestrial telly in the mid 90s. I can't remember much, if any of it apart from her wearing a leather jacket. Also she was young. 18-20. Doubt it was the same film the OP was thinking of but I do think it's an alternative option.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 32
    Forum Member
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    I remember another film which was newer, 80s or early 90s which was also about a girl who runs off with a biker.

That sounds like Spetters. But, thats not the one I'm thinking of.
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    jock_land wrote: »
    That sounds like Spetters. But, thats not the one I'm thinking of.
    No, thinking about it more it was probably North American. Seattle area or maybe Canada.
    I remember her on the back of the bike wearing a leather jacket and I think her and the guy stayed in a cabin in the woods/mountains.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 32
    Forum Member
    Just watched RENDEZ-VOUS with Juliette Binoche. But, that's not it.