Decleor bottles with pumps

sam_geesam_gee Posts: 48,932
Forum Member
Does anyone else have trouble with the pumps on Decleor products not working after a while? I've had problems with almost every one I've had and they seem to be getting worse >:( Previously I'd be able to use at least two thirds of something before the pump gave up, but I only used my 400ml of gradual tan twice before it packed up. This is really annoying as the pump is a useful measure and I now have to find somewhere to plonk it while I dollop the lotion out of the bottle.

I never end up using all the product when the pump breaks - I don't like so much air getting to it - so this is costing money too.

The pump has broken on two gradual tans, a hydra floral and many system corps body lotions, and maybe others I've forgotten for now. Hydrotenseur and the salon size aromessences - both in glass bottles - are fine. So are pumps on things from other brands. I wonder if it's the shape of the bottle - that long thin neck - causing the problem. I like Decleor and I repurchase more of their products than anyone else's, so this is a pain in the arse.

Has anyone else experienced similar problems or am I just unlucky? :D

Comments

• LushnessLushness Posts: 38,169
    Forum Member
    The only pump product that I used to buy from Decleor was System Corps which was ridiculously difficult to use initially due to the pump. Thankfully System Corps has changed to a tube now which is much easier.

I'm sure they are well aware of the problem hence the changes.

I didn't think Hydra Floral came in a pump system I thought it only came in a jar or tube?
  • sam_geesam_gee Posts: 48,932
    Forum Member
    Lushness wrote: »
    The only pump product that I used to buy from Decleor was System Corps which was ridiculously difficult to use initially due to the pump. Thankfully System Corps has changed to a tube now which is much easier.

I'm sure they are well aware of the problem hence the changes.

I didn't think Hydra Floral came in a pump system I thought it only came in a jar or tube?

:) Thankyou. I'm very glad to hear they've changed to tubes - I hope they do the same for the gradual tan as it's the only fake tan I've ever got a good result with.

I didn't know Hydra Floral came in bottles either till my daughter gave me some - it was a light lotion version. Decleor's moisturiser for oily skin comes in the same type of bottle.
  • MaisieMooMooMaisieMooMoo Posts: 1,536
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've had exactly the same issue with the gradual tan, I thought I must have used it all until I took the lid off. There was loads left, so had to get it out the messy way, not what you'd expect from a premium brand.
  • Lin4237Lin4237 Posts: 304
    Forum Member
    I like packaging that is straight forward, i.e. a tube; screw top bottle which you upend to get liquid out of or screw top tubs/jars. Great designs that have been around for yonks! That is probably why I will stick to my Monsia Skincare I can scrape the last bit of cream out of the jar, nothing goes to waste.
  • MaisieMooMooMaisieMooMoo Posts: 1,536
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Decleor TSV, on qvc tomorrow!
    Forum Member
    TSV for tomorrow can be seen here https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=8U9_dWRoGZU&app=desktop

Not for me, there are two products that I would never use. Gel Prolagene does nothing for me at all!

Still using the pumps then tsk tsk.
  • sam_geesam_gee Posts: 48,932
    Forum Member
    Decleor TSV, on qvc tomorrow!

Thankyou :) I'll have a look but I don't really need anything (working my way through a fairly hefty stash :blush:), though I might be tempted if there's an eye cream or iris oil/balm.
  • Chrissy1978ukChrissy1978uk Posts: 233
    Forum Member
    QVC are probably/craftily shifting old stock. I know this bit is not Decleor but check the ingredients on Elemis Pro-Collagen Marine Cream Original version if bought from QVC as Elemis have taken out parabens and silicone from PCMC I reckon QVC will be selling the PCMC pots with parabens and silicone in the formula.
    Forum Member
    QVC are probably/craftily shifting old stock. I know this bit is not Decleor but check the ingredients on Elemis Pro-Collagen Marine Cream Original version if bought from QVC as Elemis have taken out parabens and silicone from PCMC I reckon QVC will be selling the PCMC pots with parabens and silicone in the formula.

That's interesting, and I wouldn't be surprised. I don't use PCMC anymore as it really doesn't do anything at all for me. The night cream is excellent though.