Any Baggie fans here??

Comments

• SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ambassador wrote: »
    So do you think you'll win it or come up 2nd?
    The title is Newcastle's to lose:)

Have you seen the penalty decision that turned the game? Not quite as bad as the one on Saturday gone...but still....

Swings and roundabouts:p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    The Baggies maintain their healthy lead over the 3rd place club:p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,517
    Forum Member
    SULLA wrote: »
    The Baggies maintain their healthy lead over the 3rd place club:p

We have accepted that we will have to rely on the play-offs, especially as we still to play Newcastle away.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    david1955 wrote: »
    We have accepted that we will have to rely on the play-offs, especially as we still to play Newcastle away.

I hope that's the case. :pI would like to see Forrest and Leicester ( two well supported clubs) in the play off final, but Leicester need to finish in the top 5 for that to happen.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    david1955 wrote: »

I am really hoping that you win the Newcastle game.:p

The cushion is back to 8 points PLUS better goal difference.

With 13 games to go I looked at all the games and thought we would get 33 points. 15 points so far ( I was hoping for 16:o)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,109
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Woo hoo - a thread for the Baggies plus a win tonight. It sounded hairy at the end but another 3 points in the bag.

I don't want to get too previous but unless we really screw up I can see a return to the Prem.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Woo hoo - a thread for the Baggies plus a win tonight. It sounded hairy at the end but another 3 points in the bag.

I don't want to get too previous but unless we really screw up I can see a return to the Prem.

So can I. I forcast the same for two years time as well:o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So can I. I forcast the same for two years time as well:o

Boing boing?

:rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Boing boing?

:rolleyes:

I would love to see The Baggies establish themselves in the Premier league, but I don't think that the club should get heavily in debt.

All I am saying is, "Give Peace a chance":o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I had the Baggies down for a draw at in form Reading. Glad I was right. Still on course:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    From what I heard of the game Carson kept us in it - but the foul on Dorrans at the death when he was through on goal was conspicuous by its absence on the FL Show.

Newcastle - Forest later - a Newcastle win would be preferable to a Forest one - a draw not too much of a disaster. I'm liking the 9 point cushion over the Florists though.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,517
    Forum Member
    Billy Davies is very upbeat about Forest's chances. He accepts we may not win today but has listed the Baggies remaining games and thinks they are ALL very tricky. Leicester at the weekend , followed by games against teams either going for a play-off place or trying to escape the drop.

As a manager he has to look optimistic, and a win for us tonight could change things. But only a win. The Baggies will not mess up to that extent , so Forest are at least guaranteed a play-off place.

I will post later on the Reds forum after we have won !-3! I hope.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry David - Newcastle have just scored!

Ameobi. Came on for the injured Carroll. So all good for us atm.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    When you take into account goal difference the gap is now 10 points.

A win for Forrest last night would not have been a disaster as it would have opened up the title race. However I will ettle for the larger gap:p

The most Forrest can get is 88 points....if they win all their last 6 games. I am backing The Baggies to get at least 8 points and retain their better goal difference;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BOING BOING!!!

3 - 0.

Surely that's us promoted now. 12 points ahead of Forest.

Got to be!

BOING BOING!!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just 6 more points needed to be certain IMO.

It's amazing that The Baggies have scored 80 odd league goals without a prolific goal scorer. It needs to be sorted for next season.:)
  • AmbassadorAmbassador Posts: 22,332
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just 6 more points needed to be certain IMO.

It's amazing that The Baggies have scored 80 odd league goals without a prolific goal scorer. It needs to be sorted for next season.:)

To be fair, the Championship is bloody awful. You've got a Newcastle team who have been distinctly average nearly all season running away with promotion, a West Brom side that offer very little not far behind and the anomaly that is Notts Forest striding up behind.

I think I pretty confidently could have managed Newcastle and West Brom to promotion myself and at least got Boro in the play offs!
  • lionsof66lionsof66 Posts: 4,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Congrats Baggies. Just about to set off for Ashton Gate, but to be honest im expecting a few players to start being rested for the playoffs, because barring a bigger miracle than the last time we went up (12 points behind with 7 to play) automatic is over.

Nevermind... Wembley is one place ive never yet made it too, so if we manage to do it that way il be more than happy. Whatever happens, it's been a fabulous season.

For what it's worth I hope you pip Newcastle to the title, and stay up next season (as long as it's not at our expense of course :p ) and hopefully we'l be visiting the Hawthorns again next season. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If Forest lose today and we win on Monday we are promoted.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    lionsof66 wrote: »
    Congrats Baggies. Just about to set off for Ashton Gate, but to be honest im expecting a few players to start being rested for the playoffs, because barring a bigger miracle than the last time we went up (12 points behind with 7 to play) automatic is over.

Nevermind... Wembley is one place ive never yet made it too, so if we manage to do it that way il be more than happy. Whatever happens, it's been a fabulous season.

For what it's worth I hope you pip Newcastle to the title, and stay up next season (as long as it's not at our expense of course :p ) and hopefully we'll be visiting the Hawthorns again next season. :)

Just as long as you don't get the same result as last time:o
  • lionsof66lionsof66 Posts: 4,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just as long as you don't get the same result as last time:o

Was well worth the hypothermia that one ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    lionsof66 wrote: »
    Was well worth the hypothermia that one ;)

Nuff said:o

As Forest only drew at home a draw yesterday was OK but a team hoping to do well in the Premier league should be winning at Watford:(
  • Kat1966Kat1966 Posts: 2,553
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, we didn't do it yesterday, so is Saturday going to be the Donny Rovers Promotion party? If it is, then we will certainly have to play better than we did yesterday. We just need one more point according to my husband who has worked it all out on a spreadsheet!!

Oh well looks like another season watching us get relegated in the Premier League, but I do love seeing the biggest clubs come to the Hawthorns!

I agree with SULLA, we won't be able to establish ourselves in the Premier League (yet), but I am happy with the current board and management, the board because at least we are solvent and not likely to go the same way as Portsmouth, and the management, because much as I liked Tony Mowbray's style of football, there never was a Plan B, he only knew one way to play the game. Under De Matteo, we have won games this season, that I feel we would have lost under Mowbray. It will be the best early birthday present I can have if we can finally be promoted on Saturday as my birthday is next Monday.
  • Kat1966Kat1966 Posts: 2,553
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BOING BOING WE ARE BACK!!!!

Promoted today, and back to the Premier League at the first attempt.

Well done to the team and to Roberto Di Matteo in his first season as our manager ~ now the work begins, to make us for once and for all an established Premier League club.

I am hoarse from shouting so much, talk about a roller coaster ride today watching Soccer Saturday, but we are back!!!

BOING BOING COME ON YOU BAGGIES!!!!
  • HaydenHayden Posts: 32,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well done Baggies- be good to have you back in the Prem again. Like the brand of football you play.

*I'll be back same time next year to commiserate with you on your relegation:D