Options

Squad Clear outs - time to get rid of the deadwood at your club?

13»

Comments

• Options
    ChristmasCakeChristmasCake Posts: 26,078
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JMTD wrote: »
    Rodgers deserves every single bit of the blame, more of a stupid decision than a gamble. Came across as a panic buy because they needed a striker. Brings him in despite having no desire what so ever to setup the team to his strengths and then completely shatters his confidence (which is the last thing you want with Balotelli).

The problem at Liverpool is that we don't actually know who makes decisions on transfers. There's this obscure transfer committee, and given Rodgers had previously said he wouldn't be signing Balotelli, then suddenly he turns up, I do wonder how much input Rodgers had..
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why is "journalism" in inverted commas??:confused:

An error I agree, but you know the player that I meant.

Anyone with a university degree would be able to work out why I used inverted commas, it wasn't exactly subtle..

I knew the player you meant because I remember him from his days at SC Heerenveen, I didn't actually realise he'd left Holland..
  • Options
    codebluecodeblue Posts: 14,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why is "journalism" in inverted commas??:confused:

They either mean

1) That they doubt that you have a degree in journalism
    or
    2) That they believe that a Journalism degree is a bit mickey mouse

They also think that, because you did not understand what was meant by ""journalism"", that you prehaps do not have a degree after all, inferring that a person who holds a Journalism degree would be smart enough to know or figure out what was meant.

Hope that helps.

I just wish forum members would spend more time talking about the sporting issues rather than the other forum members.

Now perhaps back on topic.

Im not sure who to ship out of chelsea, mikkel for sure and cuadrado, as he has not impressed one bit as yet!

Bring back schurrle.
  • Options
    RichmondBlueRichmondBlue Posts: 21,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JMTD wrote: »
    Rodgers deserves every single bit of the blame, more of a stupid decision than a gamble. Came across as a panic buy because they needed a striker. Brings him in despite having no desire what so ever to setup the team to his strengths and then completely shatters his confidence (which is the last thing you want with Balotelli).

With the benefit of hindsight it was a a very stupid decision. But at the time I remember a lot of fans and pundits were saying they thought it could be the bargain of the summer.
    Let's face it, if Balotelli had the brains to match his skills, he'd be a £50m player. Better managers than Rodgers have thought they could fix the unfixable.
  • Options
    Will_JohnsonWill_Johnson Posts: 857
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am not changing my mind to suit my argument..

Yes you are, and I'll explain for the avoidance of any doubt or to refute claims of baiting.

In part 47 of the Manchester United thread, in post 10472, you said this, and I quote without amendment:

"Fair enough, although I think that Southampton have a better squad, and this has been borne out so far by how each have done, however you are free to think otherwise."

That was on January 17.

Now you are claiming that "for a while" you've thought that Manchester United have a better squad, despite them being below City in the table until this Saturday just gone.

You've never once acknowledged City to have a stronger squad than yours at any point, even when they were above you in the table.
    All that I was trying to do was to look at things in a bit more detail, if you don't agree with my reasons for each club named, then fair enough, that is what this is all about, opinions, everyone has one! .

With respect, that isn't looking at things in detail. All it boils down to is a simple case of someone making a fairly off the cuff statement and your inability to accept it for what it is.

"The you have Leverkusen and Dortmund, neither of which look like destinations where he would end up."

And you claim that is looking at it in detail?

If its all about opinions then I'll use mine to suggest that your hypothesis is in some respects little short of extraordinary.

There is no doubt that he has had chances but the upside to Balotelli rising 25 still outweighs the downside, and wouldn't suggest he should be packed off to Cammell Laird reserves just yet.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    codeblue wrote: »
    They either mean

1) That they doubt that you have a degree in journalism
    or
    2) That they believe that a Journalism degree is a bit mickey mouse

They also think that, because you did not understand what was meant by ""journalism"", that you prehaps do not have a degree after all, inferring that a person who holds a Journalism degree would be smart enough to know or figure out what was meant.

Hope that helps.

I just wish forum members would spend more time talking about the sporting issues rather than the other forum members.

Now perhaps back on topic.

Im not sure who to ship out of chelsea, mikkel for sure and cuadrado, as he has not impressed one bit as yet!

Bring back schurrle.

You do realise it's a bit hypocritical to make that statement, given that you chose to try and explain my post. It didn't need explaining, and you went off-topic to do so.

I wish DS would ban all the trolls and wums, but it seems you two are bullet-proof.
  • Options
    mattlambmattlamb Posts: 4,471
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wouldn't class him as great, but he is a better option than Navas, who has been a huge let down I think.

I agree.
    Nasri has never overly impressed me.

Jesus Navas is playing poorly at the moment, it would appear. But he adds width and can take players on, as well as put in a decent cross when he's in form.
  • Options
    celesticelesti Posts: 26,017
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you guys were looking to get rid of Mario, I think that you may be hard pressed in doing so, as I don't quite know where or whom you could sell him to.

Two clubs that usually buy over the hill players, AC and Inter both have already had him, and neither look interested in having him back... ...so I think Serie A can be ruled out.
    celesti wrote: »
    Any number of clubs would deem Balotelli a target... ...if there's one place a misfit forward will get many many chances, it's Serie A.
    celesti wrote: »
    I wouldn't rule out the Milan clubs at all either.
    You wouldn't rule out the Milan clubs, okay, I don't quite see why either would want to take him back again, but if you do, then fair enough.

Twice!
  • Options
    Joey BoswellJoey Boswell Posts: 25,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh dear Batdude was wrong again. :blush:
  • Options
    FMKKFMKK Posts: 32,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is there a precedent for this?
  • Options
    OneTreeHillFanOneTreeHillFan Posts: 7,725
    Forum Member
    I don't think our squad has much deadwood at all, most non first team players allow us to have good depth and/or are up and coming youngsters.