In the Night Garden : A complaint

Comments

• Calamity-joCalamity-jo Posts: 794
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Never mind her skirt, I want my hair like Upsy Daisy's. When she gets excited it stands on end. And that's just when she kisses Iggle Piggle.
  • LaineyTLaineyT Posts: 6,392
    Forum Member
    ellie1997 wrote: »
    Oh lainey, you made my day!!!! :D

Just had a look on Amazon and YouTube..Ebay

You can buy The Treacle People on dvd on Amazon and if your suffering with the credit crunch :rolleyes:

There is a couple of episodes on YouTube

Ebay has got a couple of dvds for sale as well.

Lainey:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Explination of the scale question as seen in wilkipedia

The Ninky Nonk is a train of five differently sized and shaped carriages. Its size is paradoxical: exterior shots of the moving Ninky Nonk show a toy-sized train, quite small compared to the main characters and scenery, while interiors and static exterior shots are done on sets or with life-sized models so that the main characters can easily fit inside. When it stops or starts, the seat-belted passengers jerk sharply in their seats. A range of bells and klaxons warn everyone inside. The Ninky Nonk can drive up and down trees and upside-down along branches. The Ninky Nonk seems to stop and go on its own and, like the other characters, "goes to sleep".

The Pinky Ponk is an airship, speckled with many slowly-waving fins and with a large propeller at the rear. The characters often use it to travel around the forest, and during their journey are able to drink "Pinky Ponk juice" which is dispensed in "sippi cups"[4]. As well as whrrings and clankings, and a sporadic honking sound from the "Ponk light" at the front, the Pinky Ponk makes flatulent noises, apparently due to the take-up and release of air[5]. Like the Ninky Nonk, the Pinky Ponk appears to be a sentient machine, and is of paradoxical size: exterior shots are chroma keyed model shots, while interior ones are produced on a set. Both appear to be small at the end of each episode certainly out of size relation to the other characters however prior to boarding the characters will morph to a size proportionate to a real size train or airship
  • kyresakyresa Posts: 16,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ugh. I used to watch this with my Son, but now we much prefer Super Why and the Backyardigans on Nick Jnr. Far more educational too :D

(And he's only 10 months old but prefers those to ITNG!!)

ITNG is the Roundabout of it's day - full of innuendo!
  • VennegoorVennegoor Posts: 14,648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anyone else agree with me that Upsy Daisy is a bit of a ****?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 353
    Forum Member
    fredster wrote: »
    We should get social services onto the Ponypines. The whole family sleep in one room and two beds and there are ten of them.

Not to mention the fact that they often leave their children, wherever they are, when their house alarm goes off!

"What? The kids are all stuck up in a tree? Well, I'd help them, but the alarm has gone. My hands are tied. We're off!"
  • NormandyMaryNormandyMary Posts: 865
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    :D

The show is FULL of sexual innuendoes![/QUOTE

Quite right too. Iggle Piggle and Upsy Daisy are always kissing and the bed is never far away.

Apart from the sex, they talk like they're all on drugs.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 128
    Forum Member
    They are all supposed to be toys that come alive in the night garden. I don't have a problem with the scale thing having been a fan of Dr Who and accepting the tardis etc.

What I find upsetting is little Iggle Piggle (or big Iggle piggle?) drifting away on that boat in the dark ocean at night all on his own. It's like he's off to oblivion and reminds me of some sort of death metaphor as the camera pans upward toward the stars and finds the heavenly night garden. I'm used to it now but at first it was very unsettling.
  • weedledeedleweedledeedle Posts: 8,669
    Forum Member
    snork wrote: »
    Less is more!!! We love it when the Wottingers appear...its a real cause for excitement :o:D

BTW Makka Pakka also seems to be a bit of a Klepto. Whenever Iggle Piggle's blanket goes "missing", it mysteriously turns up at Makka Pakka's cave. ;)

Back to the OP. The scale thing doesn't seem to bother my little girl, but it really bugs the hell out of me, isn't it trippy enough already?!?

well, you know why don't you?? poor old Makka nicks the blankie in the hope that Iggle will go around and get it back, and thus Makka will increase his visitor count by +1!!

He's just desperately lonely and will even resort to THEFT to get a friend to talk to :cry:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kyresa wrote: »
    Ugh. I used to watch this with my Son, but now we much prefer Super Why and the Backyardigans on Nick Jnr. Far more educational too :D

(And he's only 10 months old but prefers those to ITNG!!)

ITNG is the Roundabout of it's day - full of innuendo!

We're Nick Jr people too - and the question that keeps me awake at night is: How can Mrs Rabbit out of Peppa Pig possibly hold down at least 10 part time jobs that she seems to have, including helicopter pilot, hot air balloon pilot, Face Painter, balloon shaper, ice cream seller, museum ticket seller, minibus driver etc etc. It makes me sad to think about what a layabout Mr Rabbit must be :(
  • carascaras Posts: 1,311
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Must admit to being slightly concerned over Makka pakka's influence on my daughter. Today she tried to bring in a very large, dirty stone from the garden and take it up to her room and I promise I'm not making this up :eek:

BTW can I nominate this as the best thread of the year, best laugh I have had in ages :D:D:D
  • satman17satman17 Posts: 2,608
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    isn't that a pip !
    Forum Member
    NatalieP wrote: »
    We're Nick Jr people too - and the question that keeps me awake at night is: How can Mrs Rabbit out of Peppa Pig possibly hold down at least 10 part time jobs that she seems to have, including helicopter pilot, hot air balloon pilot, Face Painter, balloon shaper, ice cream seller, museum ticket seller, minibus driver etc etc. It makes me sad to think about what a layabout Mr Rabbit must be :(

just proves how good women (including animals) are at multi tasking!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    just proves how good women (including animals) are at multi tasking!

This is true - and I'm quite disturbed at some of the insights into ITNG - i'm glad I don't let m daughter watch it now!!

Maybe I'll watch it though, just to see what the fuss is about.......:o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I won't have this on in my house anymore, my lo sobs whenever it finishes, talk about traumatising a child!
    Forum Member
    you want to know one simple phrase that will have two teen boys (15 & 13) crawl with embarrassment??

say in a v v loud voice, when all their school mates are in earshot.......

"C'mon lads, all aboard the Ninky Nonk!"

:D:D:D

the power in that simple sentence, to threaten to say it again when they are kicking off...............to get them to do your bidding !!

yay!

Parent 1 - young adults 0 :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    you want to know one simple phrase that will have two teen boys (15 & 13) crawl with embarrassment??

say in a v v loud voice, when all their school mates are in earshot.......

"C'mon lads, all aboard the Ninky Nonk!"

:D:D:D

the power in that simple sentence, to threaten to say it again when they are kicking off...............to get them to do your bidding !!

yay!

Parent 1 - young adults 0 :D

As a Youth Worker I feel it is my duty, nay - my RIGHT to try this!!!!
  • kyresakyresa Posts: 16,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As a Youth Worker I feel it is my duty, nay - my RIGHT to try this!!!!

HAHA... :o though this is...

Me and my 10month old like to "ponk" Now before you all start reaching for your trumbliphones to ring social services....

The pinky ponk (which if you notice has a boob complete with nipple stuck on the end of it) has a "ponk alarm" which sounds when it is going to bump (ponk) into something.... Me and Son usually when we're playing will gently bring our foreheads together to "ponk" (i.e. bump!)

Now, where is that trumbliphone!!!

(btw, the theory about the Pontipines is that they are illegal immigrants and are housing the Wottingers next door!)
    Forum Member

Its called multi tasking most women can do it :D

Lainey
  • WillowFaeWillowFae Posts: 5,225
    Forum Member

I don't think there is a Daddy Rabbit. In one of my daughter's books Mummy Pig, Daddy Pig, Peppa, and George all go swimming. In the pool with them is Rebecca Rabbit, her brother (who I've not seen and don't know his name), and Mummy Rabbit. No Daddy Rabbit though.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    WillowFae wrote: »
    I don't think there is a Daddy Rabbit. In one of my daughter's books Mummy Pig, Daddy Pig, Peppa, and George all go swimming. In the pool with them is Rebecca Rabbit, her brother (who I've not seen and don't know his name), and Mummy Rabbit. No Daddy Rabbit though.

I think he's in the episode where Peppa and George go to Rebecca's house/warren. Looks like a good for nothing layabout to me!!!
  • paulgothpaulgoth Posts: 616
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    :D

PMSL - Love this thread!
    Forum Member
    WillowFae wrote: »

Maybe hes not known as Daddy Rabbit maybe hes know as Rampant Rabbit ;);););)

LaineyT
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Idlecat wrote: »
    Quote Don't even get me started on Makka Pakka. Quote

Is anyone else concerned about the character Makka Pakka who clearly has COPD . He is obsessed with cleaning and collecting large stones which he places in intermittant piles and brings back to his cave home - even takes one into his bed at night. :rolleyes:

Do you mean OCD (obsessive compulsive disorder) as opposed to COPD (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease) which is mainly caused by smoking or does Makka Pakka smoke? And does he also have kidney stones and piles?
  • WillbertWillbert Posts: 1,090
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And does he also have kidney stones and piles?

This would explain his piling of stones up all the time.

( presumably)
This discussion has been closed.