Options

Twin girls attacked by fox in their bedroom

Comments

• Options
    chebbychebby Posts: 7,841
    Forum Member
    So what do you think happened?

Quite , MsM .. I would like to know that too..
  • Options
    InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    To be fair I don't think that there have been many posters on the latter part of this thread still saying they don't think it was a fox (I initially had my doubts when the case was first reported - as did many others - but I think it's pretty obvious now it was a fox)

My stupid OH Sky+ the programme for me and then turned sky box off at plug so it didn't record - how was it??

I imagine it will be on iPlayer somewhere. It was alright although there wasn't much to tell really. The photos of the wounds were pretty horrific and the mother was clearly very shaken up.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,195
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ruffles wrote: »
    I watched the programme ,halfway through switched it off.
    I Don t belive them anymore.

You never have believed them, so what's new?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 26,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You never have believed them, so what's new?

Nothing :yawn:

*waves at HBTS*
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,147
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Taglet wrote: »
    Seems you already made your mind up before the programme started. Was it a bit too convincing so you had to turn it off as it was starting to knacker up your conspirasy theory?

I am not an extreme animal rights activist or a conspiracy theorist. I would like to know why the fox went past all the leftovers from the barbeque without making a noise ,why the fox was not interested in the leftovers, as they said in the programme there were leftovers in the kitchen, and went straight for the children ,allegedly.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hogzilla wrote: »
    One animal rights 'fanatic' I knew (vegan, hunt sabber, lab animal liberator etc) was - in his other life - an accountant with an English degree and a Scout leader in an inner city area, who dedicated his spare time to helping people as well as animals.

Maybe you should get to know a few animal liberationists before you spout an opinion.

Hardly fitting behaviour for a scout leader is it? Releasing lab animals into the wild, where they will either decimate the native species, or be unable to fend for themselves?

Grossly irresponsible
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am not an extreme animal rights activist or a conspiracy theorist. I would like to know why the fox went past all the leftovers from the barbeque without making a noise ,why the fox was not interested in the leftovers, as they said in the programme there were leftovers in the kitchen.

mmm. yes. Trouble being of course, even if you COULD ask the Fox he wouldnt understand you.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am not an extreme animal rights activist or a conspiracy theorist. I would like to know why the fox went past all the leftovers from the barbeque without making a noise ,why the fox was not interested in the leftovers, as they said in the programme there were leftovers in the kitchen.

Have you ever seen an animal? It's not always possible to predit exactly how they will behave, they don't have a rulebook.
    Hardly possible to ask the fox, is it?

Your alternative scenario is what, exactly?

*waves back at Lizzy :)*
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,147
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lizzy11268 wrote: »
    mmm. yes. Trouble being of course, even if you COULD ask the Fox he wouldnt understand you.

I don t believe them, so obviously I am an extreme animal rights conspiracy theorist who thinks foxes are cuddly wuddly cutesy wutesy.
  • Options
    TagletTaglet Posts: 20,286
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am not an extreme animal rights activist or a conspiracy theorist. I would like to know why the fox went past all the leftovers from the barbeque without making a noise ,why the fox was not interested in the leftovers, as they said in the programme there were leftovers in the kitchen, and went straight for the children ,allegedly.

I never said you were an animal rights extremist or activist.....just a conspiracy theorist. If you are not you give a very good impression.

Who knows why the fox went past all the other tasty morsals...perhaps he/she just fancies a snack on baby flesh. Its why I have repeatedly stated I think some research is necessary.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don t believe them, so obviously I am an extreme animal rights conspiracy theorist who thinks foxes are cuddly wuddly cutesy wutesy.

I don't necessarily think that about you, but I cant' find any proof or good reason that you have come up with for why you DON'T believe them, thats the issue for me.

I mean, what do you think happened? Its been confirmed by experts that the kids were bitten, so it confuses me as to what the parents have done.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hogzilla wrote: »
    I'm also from an old farming family - we raised hounds for the hunt but hated the hunt with a passion (needed the income).

Your post reminded me of some allotments I passed in Whitby last year - one plot was teeming with wild bunnies and they had eaten almost every single thing in sight - a total massacre. I thought it must be heartbreaking for the allotment keeper who has spent months growing them to that point...

We don;t see many foxes here and when we do they don;t resemble urban foxes. They are lean and hungry. I keep angora bunnies for their wool and they are locked in a brick outhouse at night - if they weren;t I'm certain the foxes would get to them. But that's what foxes do.

What foxes don;t do is go into an urban garden with an overflowing bin, lots of barbecue leftovers in surrounding gardens after a hot day no doubt - and go into a house, go up the stairs, and maul (but not dismember).

We once lost 40 hens to a fox (our fault - not properly locked up at night) and they dismember with gay abandon. My husband works at a farming museum and is always picking up fragments of foxy's dinner.:) Foxes don;t have a quick maul - of anything.

Really?

So you are saying it didn't happen, are you?
    Frankly, looking at the injury to that poor child's upper arm, dismembering was a real possibility. She was bitten to the bone
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Simply not believing those two people is not really enough proof that one also fits the description above.

The only person who posted the description was ruffles?
  • Options
    Ricky D GervaisRicky D Gervais Posts: 2,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The only person who posted the description was ruffles?
    And you implied that it was accurate, based on near-zero evidence.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And you implied that it was accurate, based on near-zero evidence.

Did I?.........as he suggested the title, I merely said if the cap fits. Its up to ruffles to decide if it does surely?

I didnt force it on his head!

The only thing I have implied is that he is a conspiracy theorist.....the evidence for that is on this thread.
  • Options
    Ricky D GervaisRicky D Gervais Posts: 2,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did I?.........as he suggested the title, I merely said if the cap fits. Its up to ruffles to decide if it does surely?

I didnt force it on his head!
    This saying is pretty much exclusively said by people who are heavily implying that in their opinion the cap does indeed fit, and I think you're aware of that, while trying to cleverly weasel out of it after the fact.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    chebby wrote: »
    I personally , don't like fanatics or extremists of any kind.
    They usually defeat what might be a good point , by the fact that they are unable to reason in any informed way.,terrified that a salient point might get in the way of their ' cause '.
    It is almost a shout down or an accusation of being inhuman or unfeeling or just not being like them , and apparently not ' understanding ' (sic).

They can be the most bigoted and destructive of all.

And as johnny_t has said the internet can easily galvanise these sort of activists into quite appalling behaviour.

I agree, Chebbs.

I find it very worrying to contemplate how they might behave if - God forbid - we ever have a rabies outbreak here. It's a miracle we haven't so far, it's endemic across many Western European nations, and yet we have only had one or two isolated cases.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This saying is pretty much exclusively said by people who are heavily implying that in their opinion the cap does indeed fit, and I think you're aware of that, while trying to cleverly weasel out of it after the fact.

The cap doesnt fit me....sorry. :cool:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When did humans become an urban fox predator?

I guess it was when it suited the animal rights lobby to describe them as such, Tags.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Hardly fitting behaviour for a scout leader is it? Releasing lab animals into the wild, where they will either decimate the native species, or be unable to fend for themselves?

Grossly irresponsible

Glad some-one picked up on that..!
    Lizzy11268 wrote: »

:)

Well what do you believe then. Please tell.
    Yes, that's the nice thing about Alcan.

Packaging I presume ..?

I guess it was when it suited the animal rights lobby to describe them as such, Tags.

Humans being described as Urban fox predators !!
    What next..

Ask the foxes to leave the building !! .Nicely....
    I thought Elvis , had done that...
  • Options
    Flyboy152Flyboy152 Posts: 14,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    welwynrose wrote: »
    yes I'm sure the people that did this are perfectly pleasant people

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/staffordshire/4176446.stm

What did these people expect when they decided to breed animals destined for torture? Did they expect everyone to say "what nice people you are. Here, have my rabbit?"
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Flyboy152 wrote: »
    What did these people expect when they decided to breed animals destined for torture? Did they expect everyone to say "what nice people you are. Here, have my rabbit?"

They could say what about their human right , to get on with their business.

Not have death threats..

Do you eat meat .. wear shoes , eat chickens. Wear leather. Use soap, and medicines.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When did humans become an urban fox predator?

Humans have always been the fox's predator. Humans, by their very nature are predatory.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    chebby wrote: »
    They could say what about their human right , to get on with their business.

In my mind, once they have decided to breed animals for torture they should have expected the reaction they got. We could go on for hours about who has the right to torture a living creature and about the rights of living things to freedom, but I suspect you really believe animals should not have any rights at all.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Flyboy152 wrote: »

You mean when they embarked upon a perfectly legal venture breeding animals to be used in medical research?

Yes, I'm sure they said to themselves ''Lets go for it, and we'll deal with the excrement and razor blades through the post and the digging up and holding to ransom of the bodies of our deceased loved ones when it happens, shall we?''

Fortunately, the courts jailed the people responsible for such dreadful crimes for a long time.
This discussion has been closed.