Options

Talksport Chat (Part 4)

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    James30 wrote: »
    Even the god loving Christine has been quiet this weekend. Tonight, we have a line of callers talking about Motorbikes...:yawn:

I can't stand this Berry bloke. He's a loud northerner and there's not much happening between the ears.

Yep, no Christine or Nigel. I turned over to R3 at 1.50am - too much bloody sport talk.

The conversations have been nice and long, but the subjects have been boring (sick of hearing about the snow on here and on 5Live on the phone-ins) and the 10pm - 6am shows should be sport-free.

I think he's friendly rather than loud (Collymore, Parry, Durham, Quinn and others I would define as loud but in an ignorant or sensationalist manner) but this means the show is dull and has lacked bite and I am bored, but I don't hate the presenter. Better than Forde (who isn't?) but I think he is suited to motoring broadcasting more than this like he has done in the past.

We need this slot sorting out quickly before Forde comes back.

I don't think we'll ever get Mike Graham back but I think Mendoza has retired so he won't be coming back, I thought Mendoza had some interesting "expert" slots on his show and I enjoyed his show generally.

C'mon Dee, ring James H Reeve up and give the station some quality in the night hours.
  • Options
    Billy244Billy244 Posts: 21,569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    stripedcat wrote: »
    I would have thought that nowadays with broadband you could use some form of VOIP and be able to do your radio show from home. With obviously a crew in TS Towers handle the telephone interface?

As I mentioned a couple of pages back, Caesar(no I haven't been sacked from loads of radio stations ;) ) the Geezer did a show for Swale FM from his home on his laptop.

Hehhehehe. I like the thought of Pie boy Forde's show getting hijacked over Xmas. Sadly it won't happen. that laughing hyena is going to be a t Talksport for a while yet!

Does anyone know if Littlejohn has taken up Galloway's challenge of a boxing match?

Has Galloway really offered Littlejohn to put the gloves on?, what started this particular row do you know?. Tommy Boyd always used to say out of the lot of them the one man who he reckoned could handle himself was Brazil but I wouldn't think that now and my money would definitely be on Darren Gough.
  • Options
    ramageramage Posts: 1,172
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That has got to be a record, the last hour of the Breakfast Show called CALL ME has just finished & unless i missed one i dont think they took one call. I E Mailed the show half way through questioning the lack of calls, but of course no response. All morning they have been on about staying in Australia for the next Test Match, i for one hope they do & with a bit of luck they may not come back.
  • Options
    Syntax ErrorSyntax Error Posts: 27,804
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Get that man in to replace Greggs Forde!!!

He's so much better & the fact that he's 46 give him more gravitas re: current affairs.

His show last night was very good.

Also, why can Steve do 6 hours hours, yet Greggs Forde can only do 4hr 35 mins, with the rest of his show consisting of pre-recorded guff?:confused:
  • Options
    stripedcatstripedcat Posts: 6,689
    Forum Member
    Billy244 wrote: »
    Has Galloway really offered Littlejohn to put the gloves on?, what started this particular row do you know?. Tommy Boyd always used to say out of the lot of them the one man who he reckoned could handle himself was Brazil but I wouldn't think that now and my money would definitely be on Darren Gough.

Littlejohn wrote a column about the student protester Jodie McIntyre who has cerebral palsy and is in a wheelchair and compared him to Andy from Little Britain. So Galloway wants to fight him over that. Littlejohn and Galloway have a history though as they are always slagging one another in their newspaper columns.

Steve Berry didn't do that bad a job. Some of his subjects were perhaps a little lightweight, but compared to Forde and "what's the worst Santa's Grotto you ever visited?" they are in a different league! I used to love the way he said : "Ducati" on Top Gear.

Why can Steve Berry do 6 hours compared to Pie boy Forde doing 4 hours and 35 minutes? Well I wouldn't complain about that! The less we get of Pie boy on the radio the better!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

He's so much better & the fact that he's 46 give him more gravitas re: current affairs.

Also, why can Steve do 6 hours hours, yet Greggs Forde can only do 4hr 35 mins, with the rest of his show consisting of pre-recorded guff?:confused:

I think you'll find Forde was giving us the chance to "catch up" on stuff we didn't have time to listen to in the week, it was not that he is utterly abysmal and cannot muster one single caller from 60 million citizens thus humiliating a national broadcaster. :p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 158
    Forum Member
    Mike Parry is a fefing disgrace ..... to public radio
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ramage wrote: »
    That has got to be a record, the last hour of the Breakfast Show called CALL ME has just finished & unless i missed one i dont think they took one call. I E Mailed the show half way through questioning the lack of calls, but of course no response. All morning they have been on about staying in Australia for the next Test Match, i for one hope they do & with a bit of luck they may not come back.

That is so annoying.

It's even more galling when they have fellow presenters on the line for ages giving their two penneth, when those presenters have their own shows to give their opinions.:mad:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    EDBeta wrote: »
    I think you'll find Forde was giving us the chance to "catch up" on stuff we didn't have time to listen to in the week, it was not that he is utterly abysmal and cannot muster one single caller from 60 million citizens thus humiliating a national broadcaster. :p

So that's definitely the reason then?

I was thinking that maybe 6 hours was too long, but seeing the way that Steve Berry sailed through 6 hours without any issues, I now know that isn't the case.

'Greggs' Forde shouldn't be too downhearted, he can use that time to eat the pasties that he's forever waffling on about.:D
  • Options
    jackyorkjackyork Posts: 6,608
    Forum Member
    That is so annoying.

It's even more galling when they have fellow presenters on the line for ages giving their two penneth, when those presenters have their own shows to give their opinions.:mad:

On that subject last week a caller to Ian Collins show was saying his bit (this caller was paying a premium rate and been on hold for a while ) Ignorant Ian started to cut in without the caller being aware and started whispering so we could not hear a thing the caller was saying.....I know what I would have told him live on air.
  • Options
    The DifferenceThe Difference Posts: 21,085
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Got to go against the grain on here and say that Steve Berry really didn't do it for me when I listened last night. His distinctive accent was about the only thing I liked about him.

What with the cricket I've not been listening to much of talkSPORT's night time output of late, but with the Third Test ending early and being up fairly late last night I gave Steve a go, and there he was poking fun at Phil Taylor for coming second in Sports Personality of the Year, trotting out the old chestnut "is darts really a sport?" and making various insults about Phil's appearance. :yawn: What with him being a fan of motorbikes (which is fine), predictably he had a lot of texters nominating bikers as their choices for SPOTY, while on the phones he had a number of callers disagreeing with his rather predictable take on darts.

For the most part of what I heard of his show, it was ultra lazy, controversial for the sake of it rubbish that made him sound like a second-rate version of Terry Christian. Almost had me wishing Matt Forde was back on air, that's how bad he was!
  • Options
    Forum Member

Are we talking "no holds all in ruck" ?:eek: I think my money will be on ......
    1 Stan Collymore (size and fitness with a sprinkling of a nasty temper about him)

2 Goughy (Fitness and strength)

3 Matt Forde (A big lad with youth on his side)

TOP THREE ANYONE?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So that's definitely the reason then?

I was thinking that maybe 6 hours was too long, but seeing the way that Steve Berry sailed through 6 hours without any issues, I now know that isn't the case.

'Greggs' Forde shouldn't be too downhearted, he can use that time to eat the pasties that he's forever waffling on about.:D

It gets so bad with Fordey that he runs out of callers as early as the second hour sometimes, that's why you hear him constantly talking to himself repeating the subjects chosen for the show's topics. It wouldn't surprise me that the "comedians" brought in are to fill/pad out time as well to avoid it looking like he's a total failure at bringing in calls. I just don't ever remember Graham, Mendoza, Collins, Abbot or anyone else I've ever heard do the overnight show run out of callers for any length of time or at all. It should be obvious to Dee (if he listens to his output) that Fordey is an abject failure. Why must TS blight their output further with so many comedians from the "circuit" as guests seemingly every day then have one as a bloody presenter?

I sometimes think the most talented people at TS these days are the chaps who put together the trailers.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Steve Berry?

Well, it's always a bit tricky summing up talkSPORT presenters until they've had a bit of time to really settle in. I remember Mike Graham when he first started I wasn't sure about him at all, then the same thing when Adrian Goldberg came along I definitely didn't like him and in more recent times of course we've had Duncan Barkes arrive and most of us didn't like him much either, all three of these presenters won us over I don't think many will disagree.

Steve Berry?, I'm just not sure, maybe like the others he will get better, right now I would edge on saying I'm not all that impressed. I don't think I like his accent but he can't do much about that, I note he likes to swear on air a bit, words like "Arse" and "Tosser" came out last night which slightly surprised me with the show having many women listeners.

I don't know anything about the guy, he says he did Top Gear but I don't remember him on it and I've never seen him on TV, then again I don't watch much TV.

I'll reserve my final opinion on him for a while but do agree with the contributor that said he's better than Forde.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bart2007 wrote: »
    Mike Parry is a fefing disgrace ..... to public radio

I'm sure it's not just me, I'm sure many others must think the same and I'm sure what I am going to say is true, Mike Parry has deteriorated so much in the last 3 years that he's now embarrassing to listen to if someone else walks in the room when you are listening to it.

It happened to me last week, I was listening to Parry ranting about some nonsense and as I heard my missus heading for my computer room I hastily changed channels on my radio because I didn't want her to know I listened to such rubbish.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sure it's not just me, I'm sure many others must think the same and I'm sure what I am going to say is true, Mike Parry has deteriorated so much in the last 3 years that he's now embarrassing to listen to if someone else walks in the room when you are listening to it.

It happened to me last week, I was listening to Parry ranting about some nonsense and as I heard my missus heading for my computer room I hastily changed channels on my radio because I didn't want her to know I listened to such rubbish.

There's a lot of radio sets out there that people need to apologise to. :p
  • Options
    Forum Member

It happened to me last week, I was listening to Parry ranting about some nonsense and as [B[B]]I heard my missus heading for my computer room I hastily changed channels on my radio because I didn't want her to know I listened to such rubbish[/B].

You sure that was all you were doing?:o:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jackyork wrote: »
    You sure that was all you were doing?:o:D

Na I'd already hid my copy of 'Big Jugs Monthly' well in time. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Colonel's 10.05pm rant tonight is themed on the bad weather, "It's not a crisis" he's screaming but wasn't it HIM that didn't make it in because of the snow a couple of weeks back when everybody else made it in.

Very short memory's these presenters have. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Colonel's 10.05pm rant tonight is themed on the bad weather, "It's not a crisis" he's screaming but wasn't it HIM that didn't make it in because of the snow a couple of weeks back when everybody else made it in.

Plus, what about the ones who don't make it in when there's NO snow! :p
  • Options
    Richard1960Richard1960 Posts: 20,344
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    EDBeta wrote: »
    Plus, what about the ones who don't make it in when there's NO snow! :p

Whoever could you mean.:D:D
  • Options
    Lightning T5Lightning T5 Posts: 844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

you see that would be a very good idea. I mean I'm sure Matt Forede hasen't got a permanant contract at the station (if he has OH DEAR! that's all I can say), so if Fordey has got a trial contract it should be left to one side when it expires without renewal and Steve Berry should take to the stage of overnight radio, 10 times better than Forde:) at least
  • Options
    Lightning T5Lightning T5 Posts: 844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

It was great when the Colonel didn't make it in to talkTOWERS that week. The line-up in his slot with Steve Berry, George Galloway and Duncan Barkes where all better than his usual show:), I'm hoping come the new year good old Colonel's Finest get snowed in a bit more so we can have anouther new refreshing line-up for a week or so, having said that maybe not, be continually boasts about his "live twitter show" and how it was "the first one ever done":yawn::yawn:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Whoever could you mean.:D:D

You naughty boy! ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jackyork wrote: »
    Are we talking "no holds all in ruck" ?:eek: I think my money will be on ......
    1 Stan Collymore (size and fitness with a sprinkling of a nasty temper about him)

2 Goughy (Fitness and strength)

3 Matt Forde (A big lad with youth on his side)

TOP THREE ANYONE?

At a guess my top 3 bruisers would be .... in order ...
    1) Darren Gough. (I've read somewhere he's hard)
    2) Mick Quinn. (big rough bugger)
    3) Stanl0y Collymore. (bet Stan can really lose it)

Ronnie reckons he attended kick boxing sessions and is not to be messed with but I reckon he was the janitor that washed the gym out when they'd finished.
This discussion has been closed.