Dr Who Ratings Thread

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,248
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mulett wrote: »
    Moffat's Tweet: "The Live+7 figure for DW Xmas special (basically adding iPlayer) is 12.88. BBC's winner for the day."

Cancellation looms!

It's 1985 all over again!

Moffat broke my show!

:cry:

:D
  • MulettMulett Posts: 9,057
    Forum Member
    Cancellation looms!

It's 1985 all over again!

Moffat broke my show!

:cry:

:D

I think we've had 1985 already. Its 1989 that scares me!
  • The Face of BoeThe Face of Boe Posts: 843
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So what are the ratings predictions for last night from everyone?
  • garbage456garbage456 Posts: 8,225
    Forum Member
    So what are the ratings predictions for last night from everyone?

one of the best opening episodes ever.

must be above 7 million at least i hope
    but i would like more data from other shows last week at the same time to compare
  • The Face of BoeThe Face of Boe Posts: 843
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    6.4 Million apparently. Not bad, but not brilliant either.
  • lmddawsonlmddawson Posts: 484
    Forum Member
    Would have thought it to be a lot higher considering all of the buzz :(
  • rr22rr22 Posts: 7,623
    Forum Member
    lmddawson wrote: »
    Would have thought it to be a lot higher considering all of the buzz :(

Where is that stated though?
  • lmddawsonlmddawson Posts: 484
    Forum Member
    Forum Member
    They should put it on sundays if they want huge overnights people catch up with it from a saturday. The catch up audience will be huge
  • amos_brearleyamos_brearley Posts: 8,496
    Forum Member
    X Factor has struggled to reach its previous heights too. I'd expect well over 8 by the time we get the final figure.
    Forum Member
    The overnights are only really relevant now if there was a considerable drop say it was scraping together 4 million but the final figure is the important one. The x factor is also being viewed later in the week. I expect a final figure total of 8.4 but then I player figures should really take it to 9 or 10 million if they were included.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 942
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It will be the same as last year. Rating around 5/5.5 million overnights then it will time-shift to around 7million.

The same average as the previous 6 series. Well apart from series 4 which seems to be the glory days of Nu-Who!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 97
    Forum Member
    Well it beat Ant and Dec's show.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 929
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've kind of got a feeling that following the enthusiastic response and word of mouth for last nights episode, that next weeks ratings may experience a bit of a lift.
    Forum Member
    Broadcast now is quite negative about the figure of 6.4 saying its doctor who hits seven year low but the article then balances up by saying the catch up figure could be high and how badly the x factor is doing and that doctor who doubled ant n dec audience.
  • mossy2103mossy2103 Posts: 84,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DS member trickytree1979 has posted this in the main ratings thread:
    Thought you might want to know, looking at the latest data, with another day's playback viewing included, it's audience has gone up to 7.4m, so we've added another 1m. Obviously, there are usually diminishing playback factors as the days go on, but DW is a different beast to usual shows in terms of timeshifting so who knows...the opening episode of last season is still to this day the most time-shifted programme ever so dont discount anything.
  • nebogipfelnebogipfel Posts: 8,375
    Forum Member
    So that's pretty good, then? Seems like business as usual again.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 942
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Already the show has time-shifted 1million after 1 day!
    Tom Spilsbury ‏@TomSpilsbury

Dr Who's overnight rating was 6.4m, but after one day's timeshifting it's already gone up to 7.4m. I wonder what the final figure will be...
  • MulettMulett Posts: 9,057
    Forum Member
    I'm very happy the show is on later again. Gives it more gravitas and I think will help the ratings too.
  • DICKENS99DICKENS99 Posts: 2,620
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've kind of got a feeling that following the enthusiastic response and word of mouth for last nights episode, that next weeks ratings may experience a bit of a lift.

Let's hope Chris Chibnall has upped his game then, be a pity for new viewers to be drawn to the show based on the general response to AOTD only to be confronted with a standard lacklustre CC offering.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    great ratings....on par with previous openers and series and the timeshift in one day is brilliant!

And what with Who being on later timeslot too and word of mouth from Asylum spreading it will sustain for the coming weeks :cool:

And AI of 89 is also really really good....although i would have personally placed it in around 90/91 tbh....still dont know how Stolen Earth and Journeys End got 91 each but alas.
  • Whovian1109Whovian1109 Posts: 1,812
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    great ratings....on par with previous openers and series and the timeshift in one day is brilliant!

And what with Who being on later timeslot too and word of mouth from Asylum spreading it will sustain for the coming weeks :cool:

And AI of 89 is also really really good....although i would have personally placed it in around 90/91 tbh....still dont know how Stolen Earth and Journeys End got 91 each but alas.

Journey's End got 91? :eek: HOW? Mind you I enjoyed it first time round, it's only on repeat views that I started to appreciate its really not that great.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Journey's End got 91? :eek: HOW? Mind you I enjoyed it first time round, it's only on repeat views that I started to appreciate its really not that great.

Yeah they both got 91 :confused: When i thought reception critically was very mixed, and fan response was very mixed but the ratings were also a series high for both episodes....so again :confused: maybe that garnered the balance i am not sure how it works.

But i definitely would have had Asylum higher....but then avain i think that The Doctors Wife got 88 also so...hmmm.
  • Whovian1109Whovian1109 Posts: 1,812
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah they both got 91 :confused: When i thought reception critically was very mixed, and fan response was very mixed but the ratings were also a series high for both episodes....so again :confused: maybe that garnered the balance i am not sure how it works.

But i definitely would have had Asylum higher....but then avain i think that The Doctors Wife got 88 also so...hmmm.

Having quickly looked through the series AIs, only those two eps scored higher than 89, matching Doomsday, The Silence two-parter and The Big Bang, so 89 is fantastic but even so, yeah I would have scored it 90+