The Jedward Appreciation Thread (Part 26)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,471
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This Glee actor thinks the twins would be good on the show, and says really sweet things about them (from 1:34) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZEBqEHEAvA
  • River_TamRiver_Tam Posts: 10,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    rosemary wrote: »
    I like Stacey, I'm glad they're working with her again. I'm looking forward to this new series.

Stacey seemed lovely again, and seemed to be on John's team again. Sadly none of us seemed to know who the fella on Edward's team was.

Hampton Court is nice, but cobbled courtyards and wheelchairs make for a VERY bumpy ride! OMG!

They had no tourists with them today though so they are probably going back Friday.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Edward's team mate uncovered
    Ben Shires
    https://twitter.com/BenShires/status/388731677125935104
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 97
    Forum Member
    This Glee actor thinks the twins would be good on the show, and says really sweet things about them (from 1:34) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZEBqEHEAvA
    The video doesn't seems to work, but if it's Damian McGinty, it's a quite old video, and hes no longer in Glee now :) Ryan Murphy the creator of the show, always wanted to have an Irish character, I think he would like he/she can do Irish dancing(don't remember Damian can dance), twins seem can pull it off with a bit of training(?) :p jk,,,

I used to love glee a lot, but... hehe
    remembered when John talked about his broken ankle, "I was in a wheelchair for 8 shows, I feel like Artie, back when Glee was popular..." lol

JBA filming seems lots of fun, thanks for fans who took photos, just curious to know how many episodes will Edward win in the end.
  • SecretPassageSecretPassage Posts: 1,751
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    saladspork wrote: »
    I have no idea about this fight, I'm clearly out of the loop ;o. But no other band would comment on something like that, I think its fine for the twins to follow that same line, they won't know the back story etc, two sides etc.

I've also been out of the loop for a bit and I had not heard anything about the punching incident (and a twitter search doesn't reveal anything) so I don't know who was involved.

But here's the thing - all stars have crazy fans who do crazy things. At the moment One Direction are in NZ and crazy stuff is happening. Sometimes it's good crazy, sometimes bad crazy.

The Jeds are not responsible for the behaviour of their fans. If someone goes and punches someone and then later distributes flyers for a Jed gig, that's their deal. The Jeds aren't responsible for either.

I'm hoping that if someone did actually punch another fan, they'd have a serious think about what they did and that it won't ever happen again. :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hey, let's have something positive! Blaze is on Twitter - and Instagram.

The old @EdwardGrimes account has been transformed into @WorldOfBlaze, featuring adorable photos of the coolest chihuahua ever, and some funny messages. This is what I love about being a Jedfan.

https://twitter.com/worldofblaze
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mintwendy wrote: »
    The video doesn't seems to work, but if it's Damian McGinty, it's a quite old video, and hes no longer in Glee now :) Ryan Murphy the creator of the show, always wanted to have an Irish character, I think he would like he/she can do Irish dancing(don't remember Damian can dance), twins seem can pull it off with a bit of training(?) :p jk,,,
    Oh thank you, yes, it was that actor, I had never seen that interview and it was recently uploaded so I assumed it was new. On it he talked about how he's a Jedward fan and the boys are always lovely and kind with everybody :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hey, let's have something positive! Blaze is on Twitter - and Instagram.

The old @EdwardGrimes account has been transformed into @WorldOfBlaze, featuring adorable photos of the coolest chihuahua ever, and some funny messages. This is what I love about being a Jedfan.

https://twitter.com/worldofblaze

I do like their choice of profile pic I must say :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I noticed that the Delilah video had lots of views and wondered how popular Jed videos are on RTE's YouTube channel.

1. The Rubberbandits - Horse Outside (10,648,600 views) (Irish musical comedy group)
    2. Obama's car gets stuck at US Embassy (3,634,029 views)
    3. JEDWARD EXCLUSIVE- Lipstick (Paris Version) (3,517,325 views)
    4. Eurosong Winners 2012 - Jedward - Waterline (2,953,344 views)
    5. JEDWARD: Lipstick - OFFICIAL VIDEO!!! (1,578,741 views)

6. Charlie And The Seal! (1,347,289 views) (A man hangs out with some adorable elephant seal pups)
    7. Eurovision 2011 Final Ireland: Jedward - Lipstick (1,270,609 views)

The rest of the top 10 is comedy videos, mainly by the Rubberbandits. Neatly enough, all top 10 videos have had at least a million views, no one outside the top 10 has reached that mark yet. So, it's fair to say that the Jeds are one of RTE's most popular stars!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Interesting, those videos are all ESC related tho so that might have a bearing. wonder what last years eurosong winner's stats are compared with twins last performance.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    River_Tam wrote: »
    Interesting, those videos are all ESC related tho so that might have a bearing. wonder what last years eurosong winner's stats are compared with twins last performance.
    Ryan Dolan's videos in RTE's youtube account have these stats:
    - Eurosong 2013 Winner: Ryan Dolan - Only Love Survives: 197,653 views
    - Ryan Dolan performs for Ireland | Eurovision Song Contest Semi-Final 2013: 55,188 views
    - Ryan Dolan 'Only Love Survives' | Ireland | Eurovision Song Contest Final 2013: 15,838 views

Today is the auditions day for Belle for the twins' panto. Do you think the twins will pay a visit to the auditions now that they're in Ireland?

BTW yesterday I read a fan saying that Edward said that the Can't Forget you video still needs a lot of editing and he keeps on working on it when he's home
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hmmmm, so he's not finished it yet then.
    Awkward.

And that is a massive difference in viewing stats. Not just down to them being the Irish Eurovision entry then.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Blaze has her own website!

http://www.itsblazebitch.com/

I'm slightly worries about the web address having the b-word in it. I know at my old workplace it would have been automatically blocked. And it's the sort of thing that schools and parents will block if they have monitoring software on their kids' computers.

But most excitingly - it looks like there'll be a 2014 Blaze calendar!
  • dechechodechecho Posts: 1,699
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

http://www.itsblazebitch.com/

I'm slightly worries about the web address having the b-word in it. I know at my old workplace it would have been automatically blocked. And it's the sort of thing that schools and parents will block if they have monitoring software on their kids' computers.

But most excitingly - it looks like there'll be a 2014 Blaze calendar!

What? Did you work in a nunnery? Surely this is PC gone mad? And bitch is in context here as a female dog!

I suppose if bitch is on the bad word list they will lose hits though :(

I wonder how the Crufts website gets round it?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If the B word troubles you try this: http://jedwardteam-com.webs.com/ this was the url last night and it redirects to http://www.itsblazebitch.com/

It's wishful thinking, but maybe they're training their website-making skills to get in charge of http://www.planetjedward.net?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was hoping it could act as a training website too!
    Blaze merch but no jed-merch?
    Weird but ok
  • dechechodechecho Posts: 1,699
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    River_Tam wrote: »
    I was hoping it could act as a training website too!
    Blaze merch but no jed-merch?
    Weird but ok

I wonder if it's J&E making the website, or if someone else is doing the donkey work? Surely they are too busy writing songs, editing videos, filming JBA etc ?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,160
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The planetjedward.net website has always baffled me with it's out-of-date info, weird merch, etc. I guess the twins never had independent control over it?

The blaze website is a cute idea... I just find myself wondering why J&E don't put the time and energy into their own website.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 45
    Forum Member
    dechecho wrote: »
    I wonder if it's J&E making the website, or if someone else is doing the donkey work? Surely they are too busy writing songs, editing videos, filming JBA etc ?

The whois, lists Edward Grimes as the owner of the domain.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What? Did you work in a nunnery? Surely this is PC gone mad? And bitch is in context here as a female dog!

I suppose if bitch is on the bad word list they will lose hits though :(

I wonder how the Crufts website gets round it?

I worked at a TV station - quite a liberal workplace in many respects, but for non-news/production staff they used this standard web blocking software. It can't tell the difference between bitch meaning a female dog and bitch used as a derogatory term. As far as the software knows, itsblazebitch.com could be a stripper's website! :eek:

But I'm encouraged that they've also registered worldofblaze.com :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

That sort of thing can be created in a few hours - much simpler and quicker than editing a music video! :D It could easily have been a weekend project for Edward. I'm guessing that the Blaze calendar will be created via a service that's already set up to make calendars.

I'm a lot happier that the Jeds seem to be directly involved with this, rather than the previous merch experience. The Blaze site has a much better vibe to it!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,365
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

http://www.itsblazebitch.com/ ...

They must have been watching Breaking Bad! :D

By the way, I had reason to phone Ikea's customer service people today, and while I was on 'wait', they were playing 'All the Small Things'! Sweden rocks! :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,160
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That sort of thing can be created in a few hours - much simpler and quicker than editing a music video! :D It could easily have been a weekend project for Edward. I'm guessing that the Blaze calendar will be created via a service that's already set up to make calendars.

I'm a lot happier that the Jeds seem to be directly involved with this, rather than the previous merch experience. The Blaze site has a much better vibe to it!

This is sooooo exciting... perhaps their dog's website will sell lots of stuff! The first celeb pet to have its own product line... a dream come true!
  • ScheheraSchehera Posts: 1,151
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    so a Blaze 2014 calendar but no Jedward calendar? Would be great when not only Blaze would be on the calendar-pics but also J&E .
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think the Blaze calendar thing is going to happen. It wouldn't make sense to sell Blaze calendars but not Jedward calendars which obviously a lot of people would buy. I still think they're experimenting, but I can be completely wrong too ;)

Twins are filming Jedward's Big Adventure today in Blackpool, a few pics are already on twitter