Options

The Ratings Thread (Part 64)

Comments

• Options
    AlbacomAlbacom Posts: 34,578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dancc wrote: »
    Peter Kay's Car Share continued with 4.59m (22.5%).

ITV's most watched non soap offering was Give a Pet a Home with 1.88m exc. HD and +1.

The Island was once again Channel 4's most watched programme, pulling in 2.22m (10.6%).

Really liking Car Share. It is so simplistic but is so relateable. It really is a good comedy. Hoping for a second series.
  • Options
    dave01dave01 Posts: 1,844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cylon6 wrote: »
    Big Brother was Channel 5's highest rated programme of the night with 1.12m (7.1%) for its first highlights show at 10pm (66k/0.8%).

At what level would Big Brother become un-viable. I mean it has lucrative demographics so perhaps it's worth more to them than hitting their target slot/channel share. Would they axe it if highights shows permenantly fell below 1million?
  • Options
    Cestrian18Cestrian18 Posts: 6,859
    Forum Member
    Shame Car Share isn't doing better. Against expectations, it's really rather good.

The Beeb haven't done it any favours.

It doing well enough for a new comedy, look at how hard it is to get them off the ground at ITV atm, and the iplayer debut was a big success so I think the beeb will be happy with its performance (It's whether Peter Kay's wants to do any more is the question)
  • Options
    all_nightall_night Posts: 7,615
    Forum Member
    dave01 wrote: »
    At what level would Big Brother become un-viable. I mean it has lucrative demographics so perhaps it's worth more to them than hitting their target slot/channel share. Would they axe it if highights shows permenantly fell below 1million?

We are making these assumptions after one main highlights episode! I think lets wait and see. It's figure is not that much different from last series. I do think though if a series ever continually got under 1 million viewers, then it would be time to pack up.
  • Options
    XIVXIV Posts: 21,577
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think perhaps it's time to give regular Big Brother a break for a year but as Dancc suggested do All Star Big Brother in its place.

The Island must be a lock for a third series. I think they'll likely have a mixed island next series.
  • Options
    Hollie_LouiseHollie_Louise Posts: 39,990
    Forum Member
    I think that's a good idea for BB, posted it yesterday in the BB forum. Rest civilian BB, have the final two summer series for this contract as All Star BB and then if renewed, bring back civilian. Not a great start at all.
  • Options
    Randomguy83Randomguy83 Posts: 16,879
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Wednesday is fast becoming a problem recently as it's regularly seems to be the lowest audience rating for both soaps, though I suspect the weather played a part last night as that +1 for ED is about 100k above normal.
  • Options
    simonk243simonk243 Posts: 3,405
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is it a possibility that Peter Kay has already said no more to car share and that's why it's been given such poor treatment?

What poor treatment has it been given I'm curious?
  • Options
    dillandillan Posts: 2,247
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    all_night wrote: »
    We are making these assumptions after one main highlights episode! I think lets wait and see. It's figure is not that much different from last series. I do think though if a series ever continually got under 1 million viewers, then it would be time to pack up.

Exactly.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wizzywick wrote: »
    Really liking Car Share. It is so simplistic but is so relateable. It really is a good comedy. Hoping for a second series.

Deleted
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why are itv's hd viewing figures separate aren't they included in all the other channels figures ?
  • Options
    garyessexgaryessex Posts: 9,083
    Forum Member
    simonk243 wrote: »
    Why are itv's hd viewing figures separate aren't they included in all the other channels figures ?

I think its to do with regional advertising, something BBC don't require and Ch4 and Five are "country regions" rather than ITV's mix
  • Options
    PizzatheactionPizzatheaction Posts: 20,157
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rob1985 wrote: »
    It's only been off just over a week. Not back until the 1st June. Does anyone have any ratings for its replacement please?
    Ah. :) I didn't realise it had a break in May. :blush:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    garyessex wrote: »
    I think its to do with regional advertising, something BBC don't require and Ch4 and Five are "country regions" rather than ITV's mix

I don't really understand sorry? Yes I get itv is broken in to regions yes and hd is one region.

It's just when they report the overnight figures we never get itv hd figures so don't get the full exact figures for itv. The hd figures are quite high for soaps and bgt etc if you look on barb.co.uk
  • Options
    PizzatheactionPizzatheaction Posts: 20,157
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Two unintentionally funny publicity photos on that article. :D

6m seems to be the new 7m for soaps.
  • Options
    LHolmesLHolmes Posts: 13,887
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't really understand sorry? Yes I get itv is broken in to regions yes and hd is one region.

It's just when they report the overnight figures we never get itv hd figures so don't get the full exact figures for itv. The hd figures are quite high for soaps and bgt etc if you look on barb.co.uk
    The DS overnight reports include HD I believe.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LHolmes wrote: »
    The DS overnight reports include HD I believe.

I remember writing a comment recently on ds on a soap ratings story and someone from ds replied saying itv don't include there hd ratings maybe someone from ds can confirm ?
  • Options
    BigOrangeBigOrange Posts: 59,674
    Forum Member

ITV HD is included in the overnights you see here on DS, on the Broadcast website and on the Mediaguardian website.

Only the Broadcast app excludes HD for some reason, and so some of the figures posted on here by me will exclude HD but I always state when this is the case.
  • Options
    Andy23Andy23 Posts: 15,926
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Big Brother, fast looking like it's hardly worth bothering with the normal series, particularly how it takes up so many hours and shapes the reputation of Channel 5, might be soon more bother than it's worth

Car Share, good rating for a good programme, quite odd how it was on the shelf for ages and then thrown all over the shop. I doubt any other BBC1 comedy will rate as well until 24th December. If there is a second series it'll probably be in 2018 by current speeds.

Newzoids, low rating again, deserves more, really well liked by those that actually are watching. Should be recomissioned but then again if people aren't watching now when there was so much material from politicians, will they watch when there are fewer topical gags. Might be worth moving to ITV2 with an ITV repeat.

Delivery Man, low rating made lower by clashing with Car Share. Too wish you washy to stand up. The sort of thing that would be amusing if you came across it sandwiched in between two other shows, but not strong enough for people to go out of their way to record. Can't see it being recomissioned even for ITV2.
  • Options
    Philip WilsonPhilip Wilson Posts: 1,305
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Delivery Man had no adverts in it bar ITV promos, I think the only reason it hasn't been pulled is they have nothing else to pair with Newzoids and seem to want to keep that on.
  • Options
    RobbieSykes123RobbieSykes123 Posts: 14,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Delivery Man had no adverts in it bar ITV promos, I think the only reason it hasn't been pulled is they have nothing else to pair with Newzoids and seem to want to keep that on.

Repeats of Vicious would probably do better. :-)

Awful for Delivery Man!
  • Options
    Stefano92Stefano92 Posts: 66,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I just hope for BB it's a series which grows like 2 summers ago. I will e terrible if it goes under last year's awful series. As of now, it deserves better figures.
  • Options
    hyperstarspongehyperstarsponge Posts: 16,706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Salv* wrote: »
    I just hope for BB it's a series which grows like 2 summers ago. I will e terrible if it goes under last year's awful series. As of now, it deserves better figures.

Well it won't because they don't have the little web cams on the website like they used to on Channel 4.
  • Options
    Stefano92Stefano92 Posts: 66,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well it won't because they don't have the little web cams on the website like they used to on Channel 4.

Neither did BB14 or CBB13 and they still grew throughout the run.

Poor for Delivery Man. Strong as ever for The Island.
  • Options
    Steve WilliamsSteve Williams Posts: 11,884
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

ITV HD does have regions, but they're not the same as the SD regions, hence in Yorkshire I get Granada HD (although heaven knows why Yorkshire isn't HD, it's a bloody big region). ITV want the ratings reported separately so they can have accurate ratings of who watched what ad. The other channels don't need to know that.
    Andy23 wrote: »
    Delivery Man, low rating made lower by clashing with Car Share. Too wish you washy to stand up. The sort of thing that would be amusing if you came across it sandwiched in between two other shows, but not strong enough for people to go out of their way to record. Can't see it being recomissioned even for ITV2.

Still watching it, and still quite enjoying it, although possibly the cast are carrying it a bit. One thing that perhaps hasn't helped it is Aisling Bea's boyfriend who I think is a totally misjudged, unpleasant character and I was a bit sad to see in the Radio Times that he's back in it next week because he's virtually unwatchable. But indeed, nowhere near brash or exciting enough for primetime ITV.
    Cestrian18 wrote: »
    It doing well enough for a new comedy, look at how hard it is to get them off the ground at ITV atm, and the iplayer debut was a big success so I think the beeb will be happy with its performance (It's whether Peter Kay's wants to do any more is the question)

If Peter Kay wanted to do another series, the Beeb would commission it on the spot.
This discussion has been closed.