Options

Worst advert on TV at the moment (Part 11)

Comments

• Options
    middsmidds Posts: 420
    Forum Member
    JamieHT wrote: »
    I think the new Smart ForFour advert is really funny where the guy screams when he looks behind him.

Yes, so relieved he's decided to get a lift rather than trying to put the right fuel in his car.
  • Options
    middsmidds Posts: 420
    Forum Member
    Did I just see a walkers advert where a wife kills her husband by tampering with his stairlift?

Geez, I thought the adverts were bad but some comments about them are way worse.
  • Options
    JamieHTJamieHT Posts: 12,207
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Did I just see a walkers advert where a wife kills her husband by tampering with his stairlift?

Did you see a Specsavers advert ever?
    midds wrote: »
    Yes, so relieved he's decided to get a lift rather than trying to put the right fuel in his car.

Oh. Does the actor in the back seat star in another advert about fuel?
  • Options
    snafu65snafu65 Posts: 18,213
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

It's not her husband it's Gary Lineker as a stairlift repair man.
  • Options
    catboy71catboy71 Posts: 471
    Forum Member
    Not liking the new AA one.....the nudist guy's 'acting' is abysmal.
  • Options
    MarkBluemelMarkBluemel Posts: 1,781
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just seen the new advert for Richmond Oven Ready Sausages.
    A. Aren't all sausages oven ready? Place on a baking tray, 20 minutes at 180 fan.

Richmond Sausages always look Bin Ready to me...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Okay not strictly a current TV ad but as Windows 10 launches today perhaps we should revisit the fabulous Microsoft Windows 7 launch party 'adverts'..
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1cX4t5-YpHQ
    I defy anyone to suffer it for more than a minute without smashing your screen to pieces in fury..

The thing that annoys me the most about Microsoft advertising is the use of Americans / American imagery

We're British, we're not Americans. Its bad enough when Europeans do it but we at least have more in common with the Europeans.

Microsoft are huge multinational company rolling in megabucks, make a localised advert.
  • Options
    Ella NutElla Nut Posts: 9,021
    Forum Member
    A. Aren't all sausages oven ready? Place on a baking tray, 20 minutes at 180 fan.
    B. How did they manage to get Grayson Perry to take part?

Never mind the sausages, the make-over result is downright disgusting, I couldn't sit opposite that and eat my dinner.

As for how they got Grayson Perry (I take your word for who it is, never heard of him myself). A wild guess would be 'money'.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    B. How did they manage to get Grayson Perry to take part?

Richmond sausages are the nastiest example of a sausage in the world.
    Every cliche you can imagine about the contents of a sausage applies to Richmonds
  • Options
    kezokezo Posts: 11,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The new channel 4 ad about it being (I think) about being a Universal Service Provider (something like that but basically a PSB Broadcaster funded by advertisers) - its more off putting with the dogs (I like dogs don't get me wrong but is this going a bit far?) and from most of its output mostly it seems more like they are competing with Channel 5 with people on benefits - its far from a channel that had "edge" from what I recall in 90's!

also that new moneysupermarket ad now with "hashtag" #epicbuilder .... FFS can we please drop that word "epic" surprised its been used for couple years and is the most overused word I have seen in ads
  • Options
    sausagesandwichsausagesandwich Posts: 2,593
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kezo wrote: »
    The new channel 4 ad about it being (I think) about being a Universal Service Provider (something like that but basically a PSB Broadcaster funded by advertisers) - its more off putting with the dogs (I like dogs don't get me wrong but is this going a bit far?) and from most of its output mostly it seems more like they are competing with Channel 5 with people on benefits - its far from a channel that had "edge" from what I recall in 90's!

also that new moneysupermarket ad now with "hashtag" #epicbuilder .... FFS can we please drop that word "epic" surprised its been used for couple years and is the most overused word I have seen in ads

Ummm..."New", "Improved", "Ultimate", "Special", "Must end" are probably used a lot more and mean almost nothing at all as as result.
  • Options
    BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,552
    Forum Member
    The ad for Sainsbury's with that child dress as Batman or whatever and wont eat anything normal but will eat the stuff that looks like it has come from the bottom of a Parrots cage >:(
  • Options
    Miss XYZMiss XYZ Posts: 14,023
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Both the Sky Sports and BT Sport ads for the upcoming season. I think the BT Sport party one is worse than Thierry Henry boring us to tears in the tunnel of some stadium.

I really like the BT Sport one! :blush: I like the song used in it too.
    Flukie wrote: »
    I've never seen the BT one. What's it like?

Here it is:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCk_44FD3gY
  • Options
    seventhwaveseventhwave Posts: 4,967
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love it too!:D

So do I :blush: although the bit where he abandons the pole and just starts bellyflopping along the floor made me boggle a bit ...

simes188 wrote: »
    I think they are the singing ones. He was singing on the one I heard on the radio this morning.

Yeah, he's singing ... but opera-style this time, instead of just screeching "GO COMPAAAAAAAAARE! GO COMPAAAAAAAAAAAARE!" It's a shame, the guy's a professional tenor and is pleasing to listen to when he's singing properly. Feels wrong that he's best known as the face of a ghastly ad campaign ...
  • Options
    Moody BlueMoody Blue Posts: 5,686
    Forum Member
    The Trip Advisor ad with the dog barking..........BOOK!

So bloody irritating grrrrr 😡😡😡
  • Options
    minxymoominxymoo Posts: 26,261
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One word."wahandaa" so feckin twee and annoying.bore off you silly second rate kate nash.
  • Options
    Lesley HLesley H Posts: 2,559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The advert where the woman is jumping about clapping her hands and simpering and gurning at her long suffering husband because she can take her 84 year old mother with "arthuritus" on holiday with them.

The very odd Kia couple where the man finds it hysterically funny that he's incredibly dishonest, what is the point?
  • Options
    sianlovescatssianlovescats Posts: 1,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Teh Bird’s Eye advert...the bloke on the phone is asking the female “What’re you doing?’ She goes into some shpiel about stirring a pasta meal. I’d probably tell the idiot that I’m stirring the pasta with my big, black vibrator...and mopping up spillages with my tiny pink thong, yeah! But that’s just me!
  • Options
    Sick BulletSick Bullet Posts: 20,770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hampson Huges has beaten itsself which I never thought was possible, that guy singing I have no words to describe how annoying he is.
  • Options
    best boybest boy Posts: 836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    minxymoo wrote: »
    One word."wahandaa" so feckin twee and annoying.bore off you silly second rate kate nash.

'Second rate Kate Nash'? Is that possible?
  • Options
    minxymoominxymoo Posts: 26,261
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    best boy wrote: »

:p:D:D:D
  • Options
    Sylvester2007Sylvester2007 Posts: 4,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The 'Mya' adverts where they are selling boob jobs.

The irritating grinning idiot of a girl who now works for them as she loved her boob job and the way she ends the advert by saying "and we're really nice".
  • Options
    ayrshireman1ayrshireman1 Posts: 2,999
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    best boy wrote: »

God, she was AWFUL.
  • Options
    psychologistxpsychologistx Posts: 389
    Forum Member
    Moody Blue wrote: »
    The Trip Advisor ad with the dog barking..........BOOK!

So bloody irritating grrrrr 😡😡😡

I HATE THIS ONE, TV goes on mute asap
  • Options
    miss buzzybeemiss buzzybee Posts: 16,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Teh Bird’s Eye advert...the bloke on the phone is asking the female “What’re you doing?’ She goes into some shpiel about stirring a pasta meal. I’d probably tell the idiot that I’m stirring the pasta with my big, black vibrator...and mopping up spillages with my tiny pink thong, yeah! But that’s just me!

The guy on the phone sounds like he is jealous of her pasta!
This discussion has been closed.