Options

The Leona Lewis Appreciation Thread (Part 60)

Comments

• Options
    Dave0893Dave0893 Posts: 13,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Its been a very quiet start to the week. Do we have anything to look forward to except potentially the video?
  • Options
    StubeStube Posts: 16,833
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Great to see FUMF top 5 on US Dance Chart. :D

I'm VERY excited about purchasing 'Power'.
  • Options
    IluzionistaIluzionista Posts: 5,406
    Forum Member
    So, when is Power gonna be available for listen/download?
  • Options
    SoeplepelSoeplepel Posts: 24,982
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Little snippet of the show couple of months ago
    http://www.pikore.com/m/1044367160625427177_528447651
  • Options
    EnvoirmentEnvoirment Posts: 9,486
    Forum Member

September 3rd/4th (it'll be September 3rd in the UK/Europe/US when it's released in New Zealand/Australia etc).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Interview with Power 96.1
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x13nzoWs17w

omg Leona did a chatroulette once and she sang BL to them :p
  • Options
    PhlpPhlp Posts: 395
    Forum Member
    They played a bit of FUMF in the background of a TV program tonight (awful, contrived MTV program called Judge Geordie).
  • Options
    LeonafanusaLeonafanusa Posts: 343
    Forum Member
    I hope the hurry up and send Thunder to top 40 radio.
  • Options
    geraldbaezgeraldbaez Posts: 593
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Same. What's taking so long?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Those rehearsal pictures were for IHeart Media show in Burbank. It is a huge event where labels present new artists to the whole of the Iheart media team (300 people) She got a standing ovation.
    https://scontent.cdninstagram.com/hphotos-xfa1/t50.2886-16/11785220_514567705362389_457147900_n.mp4

It will probably go for adds soon now the whole IHM team has heard new music
  • Options
    IluzionistaIluzionista Posts: 5,406
    Forum Member
    FUMF top20 on Swiss airplay. Really surprised about its longevity there. Sure, it didn't chart big but it sure is nice that she has some major airplay before the next single and the album release. I wonder what is their choice for Europe, will it be I Am or Thunder?
  • Options
    volume3dvolume3d Posts: 846
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Soeplepel wrote: »
    Those rehearsal pictures were for IHeart Media show in Burbank. It is a huge event where labels present new artists to the whole of the Iheart media team (300 people) She got a standing ovation.
    https://scontent.cdninstagram.com/hphotos-xfa1/t50.2886-16/11785220_514567705362389_457147900_n.mp4

I need that BL performance...she sounds amazing!!!!!
  • Options
    Krusty111Krusty111 Posts: 961
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

That's so awesome! I have a really amazing feeling things will go right for once and who would have thought it would be in the US of all places!

Def Jam know what they're doing, they've done everything right so far and have exceeded all of our expectations with regards to radio promo etc. You're so thirsty for Thunder to start climbing iTunes, calm down! It'll happen soon enough, just let the song build on HAC first, it's only been available for such a short while now.
  • Options
    Twilight17Twilight17 Posts: 503
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She says In the uk we don't have Mexican ?

Leona helllo we have chimichanga and las iguanas chains XD

Love her interviews she's really funny :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 457
    Forum Member
    Twilight17 wrote: »

I have never heard of either of these! :confused:
  • Options
    shatteredglassshatteredglass Posts: 1,795
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And Wahaca!
  • Options
    Krusty111Krusty111 Posts: 961
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

And theres a few Chipotles in London!
  • Options
    Luuk LewisLuuk Lewis Posts: 1,113
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Power is one of the tracks, if not THE track, I'm most excited about. I don't think I'm going to download and listen to it before the album comes out (if I can control myself, probably not). From now on I want to hear all the remaining songs for the first time in the full context of the whole album, and you know, it's only a week after Power comes out, I'll have school again so hopefully it'll be easy for me.

Also, does this mean that Power will never be an official single? 'Cause that's sad... :( I think it could be a great single from what we've heard and I would love a video for it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Luuk Lewis wrote: »
    Power is one of the tracks, if not THE track, I'm most excited about. I don't think I'm going to download and listen to it before the album comes out (if I can control myself, probably not). From now on I want to hear all the remaining songs for the first time in the full context of the whole album, and you know, it's only a week after Power comes out, I'll have school again so hopefully it'll be easy for me.

Also, does this mean that Power will never be an official single? 'Cause that's sad... :( I think it could be a great single from what we've heard and I would love a video for it.

Same here. I don't want to listen to any studio version until I get the album. Might be hard but I'm gonna try.

I really don't think Power will be an instagrat. I know that source is reliable according to some but Leona explicit said they haven't decided what next song is. Plus, she'll most likely perform I Am during album release week.

---

Also, Poet is waiting for Leona before dropping Catch Me When I Fall. He wants to perform the song with her.

---

Ed Sheeran is releasing new song (collab) today. Let's all pray it's Leona :cool:
  • Options
    jonner101jonner101 Posts: 3,410
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

She's right, I've been to both LA and spent a fair amount of time in Mexico city.

There is nothing in the UK with one or two small exceptions that serves anything that tastes anything like authentic Mexican food.
  • Options
    spaceoddityspaceoddity Posts: 4,814
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really don't think Power will be an instagrat. I know that source is reliable according to some but Leona explicit said they haven't decided what next song is. Plus, she'll most likely perform I Am during album release week.

She said they haven't decided what the next single is, not instant grat, which is completely different from an official single.

I Am is still the second single and she'll perform it during the album's release. However, Power will be the last song made available to convince people to buy the album. It'll be as simple as her going "pre-order my album and you get Power one week early" you do know how Instant grats work right :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Luuk Lewis wrote: »

+1

But song is so short..3min...and we already heard full (last) minute of the song .... it needs to be at least 5 min long :)
    Same here. I don't want to listen to any studio version until I get the album. Might be hard but I'm gonna try.

---

Also, Poet is waiting for Leona before dropping Catch Me When I Fall. He wants to perform the song with her.

---

Ed Sheeran is releasing new song (collab) today. Let's all pray it's Leona :cool:

where can he perform the song with her?
    She said they haven't decided what the next single is, not instant grat, which is completely different from an official single.

I Am is still the second single and she'll perform it during the album's release. However, Power will be the last song made available to convince people to buy the album. It'll be as simple as her going "pre-order my album and you get Power one week early" you do know how Instant grats work right :p

mess at them trying to convince people in UK to buy I AM with FUMF, I Am and Power when they have I got you, Ladders, ALS.... :))) Dark Horse was Katy Perry's instagrat track and later become a single :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    volume3d wrote: »
    where can he perform the song with her?

No clue :p

mess at them trying to convince people in UK to buy I AM with FUMF, I Am and Power when they have I got you, Ladders, ALS.... :))) Dark Horse was Katy Perry's instagrat track and later become a single :)

I Am, Thunder and Power are typical Leona songs though :)

I for one am not here for instagrats. Well not 3.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    While the networks have their upfront showcases of new TV pilots, iHEARTMEDIA held the first day of its MUSIC SUMMIT, held at the iHEARTMEDIA THEATER in BURBANK with about 150 programmers present.
    Next up, DEF JAM's STEVE BARTLES told about his label's commitment to development and breaking artists. The sizzle real kicked it with JAY Z, KANYE WEST, RICK ROSS, JEEZY, RIHANNA, BIG SEAN, IGGY AZALEA, FRANK OCEAN JHENE AIKO, YG, JEREMIH, and JUSTIN BIEBER. Then ALESSIA CARA appeared on stage. "Scars Are Beautiful" was her first song, a tribute to the pain of women growing up. She then performed her new hit single, "Here"
    STEVE then played JUSTIN BIEBER's new single, "What Do You Mean," before running a sizzle reel that featured LOGIC, AFROJACK ALESSO, KACY HILL and AXWELL ^ INGROSSO. Then LEONA LEWIS took the stage to do her 2007 hit, "Bleeding Love," and her current hit song, "Thunder."

hit song Thunder slaying :D

http://www.allaccess.com/net-news/archive/story/144176/hits-aplenty-at-day-one-of-iheartmedia-s-music-sum

so a lot of new songs presented there yesterday ... A LOT !:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    #43 on HAC!
This discussion has been closed.