Struggling to write 'thank you' card to host of wedding...

Ash_M1Ash_M1 Posts: 18,703
Forum Member
✭✭
Struggling to write 'thank you' card to host of wedding I attended recently. Anyone know of any good websites I can use which includes good examples?
Thanking you in advance.

Comments

• eluf38eluf38 Posts: 4,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Google is your friend
  • ffawkesffawkes Posts: 4,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, google it and use someone else's words. Ye gods.
  • Keefy-boyKeefy-boy Posts: 13,613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Seriously? All you've got to say is thanks, great venue, nosebag, whatever.
  • Lamin_AtorLamin_Ator Posts: 1,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dear *host*
    Thanks for inviting me to the wedding. It was a truly memorable day.
    best wishes to *Bride and Groom*
    Yours,
    *Name*
  • Paul_DNAPPaul_DNAP Posts: 26,041
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My initial reaction was "is that really a thing people do now?"

The second thought was something similar to Lamin_Ator (great name, I think I met your brother Termin, he never did get back to me)

Just get a nice blank thank you card and hand write a brief note saying you appreciate all they did on the day.

Third thought was a website like http://www.thank-you-note-samples.com/ but then their wedding thanks are brief & groom thanking for presents.
  • Hugh JboobsHugh Jboobs Posts: 15,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dear *Host*,

Thank you so much for your very kind invitation to *Bride* and *Groom's* wedding recently.

My family and I had a wonderful time. *Name of venue* provided the perfect setting for such a special occasion!

The lasting memories I have of the day are the happy and smiling faces of *Bride* and *Groom* who clearly enjoyed their special day among their family and friends.

With best wishes,

Ash_M1
  • iCandy77iCandy77 Posts: 1,457
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They should be sending you the thank you card. It's about them, not you.
  • WinterLilyWinterLily Posts: 6,305
    Forum Member
    Ash_M1 wrote: »
    Struggling to write 'thank you' card to host of wedding I attended recently. Anyone know of any good websites I can use which includes good examples?
    Thanking you in advance.

I thought it was the bride & groom who sent thank you cards to guests:confused:

You know; Thank you for sharing our special day type of thing:)

As a rather mature first time bride to be I find the whole modern wedding stuff a bit vomit inducing! Favours! Table confetti:o

Thank goodness we're just having a handful of guests:)
  • JulesFJulesF Posts: 6,461
    Forum Member
    WinterLily wrote: »

As a rather mature first time bride to be I find the whole modern wedding stuff a bit vomit inducing! Favours! Table confetti:o

Thank goodness we're just having a handful of guests:)

It's good manners for guests to send 'thanks for a lovely day' cards. The bride and groom should send thanks for any gifts received.
  • Hugh JboobsHugh Jboobs Posts: 15,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    WinterLily wrote: »

Yeah, but the OP says he wants to write to "the host" of the wedding.

Perhaps wrongly, but I interpreted this as being someone other than the bride/groom - e.g. parents of bride.

Either way, a note of thanks from a guest is a nice gesture and would be well received. When I got married, my wife and I received quite a few notes/letters of thanks for the day, as did my parents and her parents. Plus we sent out thank you cards as well to the guests.
  • soulboy77soulboy77 Posts: 24,485
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, but the OP says he wants to write to "the host" of the wedding.

Perhaps wrongly, but I interpreted this as being someone other than the bride/groom - e.g. parents of bride....
    That's what i interpreted it as. I went to a wedding in a marquee recently that was in the grounds of a v.large house. The owner or the property was the host and welcomed people to his home but the wedding was actually for his best mates daughter.
  • Lamin_AtorLamin_Ator Posts: 1,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't want a card for every piddly thing that happens. So the couple got engaged, you send them a congratulation card, they send you a card saying thank you for the card. They send you an invite, you send a card to say thank you for the invite. They get married, you send a card and gift, they send a card to say thank for the gift, you send a card to say thanks for inviting me to the wedding!
    Then anniversaries, babies, christenings, sorry you're ill, glad you're better, happy holidays, happy birthday, happy christmas, easter, mothers day, fathers day, divorce, then when their kids pass their driving test, do exams, then they will get married and the whole sorry saga continues whilst hallmark rub their hands together atop a gleaming pile of cash.

Its too much.
  • shaddlershaddler Posts: 11,574
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sup dawg

Bout the wedding, shit was tight yo

Peace.
  • WinterLilyWinterLily Posts: 6,305
    Forum Member
    JulesF wrote: »
    It's good manners for guests to send 'thanks for a lovely day' cards. The bride and groom should send thanks for any gifts received.

I am well mannered and very considerate but don't expect thank you cards from anyone.

I, of course will be sending thank you cards to my guests.

My guests sharing our special day will be enough for me:)

BTW if the 'host' of the wedding is the one paying for everything then it will be me and my husband to be. I still don't expect any thank you cards and have already told my guests that:D
  • WolfsheadishWolfsheadish Posts: 10,400
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JulesF wrote: »

Really? I've never heard of that before. :confused:
  • ratty0ratty0 Posts: 2,720
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lamin_Ator wrote: »
    I don't want a card for every piddly thing that happens. So the couple got engaged, you send them a congratulation card, they send you a card saying thank you for the card. They send you an invite, you send a card to say thank you for the invite. They get married, you send a card and gift, they send a card to say thank for the gift, you send a card to say thanks for inviting me to the wedding!
    Then anniversaries, babies, christenings, sorry you're ill, glad you're better, happy holidays, happy birthday, happy christmas, easter, mothers day, fathers day, divorce, then when their kids pass their driving test, do exams, then they will get married and the whole sorry saga continues whilst hallmark rub their hands together atop a gleaming pile of cash.

Its too much.

I have to agree. It's like when someone at work has a baby. A card to say good luck with having the baby, a collection for a baby shower, a leaving do before they go on maternity, a card to say congratulations when the baby has arrived, a collection for a present for the baby, a bringing-the-baby-in-to-work session, and so on. I realise this isn't strictly card-related :D

But sending a thank you card to someone for inviting you to the wedding and them sending you a thank you card for attending - can't they just cancel each other out and assume everyone is grateful and happy :confused: