Ke$ha - Tick Tock (NEW SONG)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7
    Forum Member
    kutox wrote: »
    her voice is a bit weird and unusual in the verses - although that makes it different to other electropop songs - and the chorus is great. very addictive song. she seems to be in the same vein as the likes of Lady Gaga, but for me she has shown enough individuality from this one song to not be considered a clone. apparently she has an album coming out early next year, i'll probably be buying it.

The problem is to some people she is already a clone. She has seemingly taken Uffie's individuality and launched her career with it.

I still really like this song even though I've overplayed it. Like I said in my previous post, I think shes talented, she doesnt need to take somebodys 'gimmick' to be successful.

ps. If you dont know who Uffie is, youtube 'Uffie - Pop the Glock'.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 810
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have been slightly obsessive with this song it has flown to #8 on my most played playlist on iTunes with 122 plays. Whoops haha!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,542
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lol haha! me too....it's #4 on my top 25 most played playlist with 68 plays!...I've got my sister hooked onto this song as well! lol....will definately be buying her album when it comes out!...xo
  • EtherealEthereal Posts: 36,118
    Forum Member
    The chorus is good but the verses are awful. The whole song comes across as very desperate to get a hit IMO.
  • kutoxkutox Posts: 16,368
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ethereal wrote: »
    The chorus is good but the verses are awful. The whole song comes across as very desperate to get a hit IMO.

her voice is weird in the verses, but i suppose she just doesn't want to go with the norm, or she'd be considered 'just another electro-pop singer'. supppose she's just trying to earn a bit of individuality. i didn't like the verses at first either but they grew on me.
  • If_U_Seek_AmyIf_U_Seek_Amy Posts: 3,775
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love this song, I've been listening to the songs on her myspace page over and over...loving Boots and Boys!!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Currently Number 2 with Tik Tok in the itunes singles chart! woohoo lol :) is there going to be a physical release of the single or is it just digital download? xo
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 368
    Forum Member
    I've been hearing about her for a little while. I listened to this song in full for the first time today and I like it! It's not usually my sort of thing but it's catchy and I've pretty much had it on repeat for most of the day!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,338
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sam_h786 wrote: »
    Currently Number 2 with Tik Tok in the itunes singles chart! woohoo lol :) is there going to be a physical release of the single or is it just digital download? xo

Physical release isn't until the end of the month.. :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Physical release isn't until the end of the month.. :rolleyes:

oh god, that's ages away...never mind, definately will be getting it...just listening to two new songs slow motion and get in line...loving slow motion though! :) ....from the songs ive heard from her, the album sounds promising....i will definately be buying her album when it comes out next year...she's going to be an artist to watch out for sure!...hopefully she's going to be big like GaGa! xo
  • musicdudemusicdude Posts: 8,939
    Forum Member
    Hopefully details regarding an album will be announced soon. She seems good friend with producers like Dr. Luke and I think he is a great producer due to great songs with Katy P and Avril Lavigne.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 368
    Forum Member
    She seems to be doing well in the charts. I've been listening to some of her demos and I really like Get In Line and Butterscotch- I can imagine those two being singles at some point.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,177
    Forum Member
    I like the song, but her voice is weird in the verses. Kind of irritating and hard to describe, but sounds like an over the top exaggerated American accent.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd love it to get #1, it's apparently already in the top ten on downloads. But Leona/Alexandra/JLS/Cheryl/Black Eyed Peas/ are pretty tough compitition!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    she's doing pretty well with the single over here....she's still within the top 10 even though, the single has been out for a month!...her new album is apparently going to be called Animal....xo
  • LloydChristmasLloydChristmas Posts: 371
    Forum Member
    I think this has been said before, but this song is a carbon copy of Theeeeee Partyyyyyyy by Justice & Uffie. The lyrics are pretty much the same. I'd sue if I were them.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Two weeks at #6 and two weeks at #7. Has it been released in CD format yet?
  • TomDaOneTomDaOne Posts: 11,541
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This tracks finally grown on me. Took a while, really didn't like it at first. It has a similar vibe to Lady GaGa's Just Dance I feel.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rhyming 'swagger' with 'Jagger'. I can't get past that. Do women find Jagger attractive these days?

Yeah, I can fit 'Just Dance' into 'Tik Tok' pretty easily and yeah, the rhythm and pacing is awfully similar to Justice & Uffie's 'The Party'.
  • kutoxkutox Posts: 16,368
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    why do people always have to make comparisons? i think it's ridiculous to say she's copying anyone, she's just a young party-loving girl doing what she wants and having a good time - and making fun & enjoyable music out of it.
  • LloydChristmasLloydChristmas Posts: 371
    Forum Member
    kutox wrote: »
    why do people always have to make comparisons? i think it's ridiculous to say she's copying anyone, she's just a young party-loving girl doing what she wants and having a good time - and making fun & enjoyable music out of it.

This is the Justice & Uffie tune, listen to this and tell me Kesha isn't a copy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbN5B93mpFE
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm surprised she didn't go number 1 over here with Tik Tok....Although, the single is stil within the top 20 which is still good news....I know she went No.1 in australia & america with Tik Tok....xo
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 329
    Forum Member
    Much prefer Justice & Uffie - so similar IMO!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 329
    Forum Member
    stereoman wrote: »
    Rhyming 'swagger' with 'Jagger'. I can't get past that. Do women find Jagger attractive these days?

Yeah, I can fit 'Just Dance' into 'Tik Tok' pretty easily and yeah, the rhythm and pacing is awfully similar to Justice & Uffie's 'The Party'.

Totally agree re: the Mick Jagger bit - random!! As a woman, I can confirm I do not find him attractive as he is now...at all!!!!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love it's chart run. :p

6 - 6 - 7 - 7 - 7 - 5 - 11 - (expected to be back in the top 10 tonight)