Lithuania
The Netherlands
Norway

Comments

• Options
    chrono88chrono88 Posts: 3,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    2013 is/was an encouraging year for Hungary, the Netherlands and Moldova. Keep it up.
  • Options
    fhs man 2fhs man 2 Posts: 7,591
    Forum Member
    Other Countries

Bosnia & Herzgovina - They are currently in talks and have not officially confirmed a return.

Kazakhstan - Negotiations with the EBU are going well and it is expected a deal could be struck soon meaning they could debut soon.

Luxembourg - They have said that there would be no problem returning but have not officially confirmed a return. They have not ruled it out.

Poland - They might come back after the 2 year break.

Portugal - Same as Bosnia & Herzgovina.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I guess the United Kingdom will confirm late as normal probably to express how enthusiastic we are as a nation for Eurovision.

It will probably be down to ratings although the BBC can afford to enter either way.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 38
    Forum Member
    Well it's going to be interesting who doesn't return - I worry about Bulgaria, Slovenia and San Marino.
  • Options
    popmusicmanpopmusicman Posts: 2,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fhs man 2 wrote: »
    Belgium
    Denmark (Host)
    Germany
    Hungary
    Latvia
    Lithuania
    The Netherlands
    Norway

I think we take it that Sweden and Iceland will be taking part in Denmark:)

Should we take anything from that the fact Graham .did not say "see you in Copenhagen next year":eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member

Should we take anything from that the fact Graham .did not say "see you in Copenhagen next year":eek:

I think he did not say that this year because last year he said "see you in Stockholm next year" and got it wrong since it is in Malmo. :D

We have been in it every year since 1958 it would end the tradition if we withdrew and also the funding we contribute to the contest is a contract that would be hard to get out of.:D

EDIT - I have not seen the end yet I am watching a recording due to missing the start I am currently up to Italy singing.
  • Options
    chrono88chrono88 Posts: 3,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Where else can Denmark host ESC? Aarhus?
  • Options
    RickyLeeds85RickyLeeds85 Posts: 11,962
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

he said something similar though like, Its off to Copenhagen unless the choose somewhere else next year see you there i think? might be wrong.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    chrono88 wrote: »

They have the fancy new arena in Herning that hosted their national final with capacity of up to 15,000. Although they might just use their football pitch again.

Going by this year my bet is on Herning because it is a proper arena and would be cheaper than doing a Germany (2011) again.
  • Options
    penguinpersonpenguinperson Posts: 16,886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Herning
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Morroco might return with a new broadcaster sometime in the future.
  • Options
    Jason100Jason100 Posts: 17,222
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Will we (the UK) pull out next year? If not our only hope is One Direction, we're guaranteed win with them!
  • Options
    penguinpersonpenguinperson Posts: 16,886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jason100 wrote: »
    Will we (the UK) pull out next year? If not our only hope is One Direction, we'll win with them!

No we won't and I can see juries voting One Direction types down due to vocals but they'd storm the televote (not that it would ever happen)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Will we (the UK) pull out next year? If not our only hope is One Direction, we're guaranteed win with them!

Yeah but they would only participate if Simon Cowell got behind the show.
  • Options
    domedome Posts: 55,878
    Forum Member
    Yeah but they would only participate if Simon Cowell got behind the show.

They will probably be has beens by next year. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    dome wrote: »
    They will probably be has beens by next year. :D

They have been going for 2 years. I don't like them though.

I don't really listen to chart music anymore since I realised I could write better songs than are in the charts and enjoy it more.
  • Options
    SoppyfanSoppyfan Posts: 29,911
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Will we (the UK) pull out next year?

Only if we leave it too long, before making a last minute choice and getting hammered again. :D
  • Options
    LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Greenland? Plenty of space but not many hotels.
  • Options
    brbbrb Posts: 27,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Other Countries

Kazakhstan - Negotiations with the EBU are going well and it is expected a deal could be struck soon meaning they could debut soon.

Isn't that a bit too far away? If they enter, the EBU may as well let Iran also :-S
  • Options
    tghe-retfordtghe-retford Posts: 26,449
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    brb wrote: »
    Isn't that a bit too far away? If they enter, the EBU may as well let Iran also :-S
    Iran cannot enter. It is outside of the European Broadcasting Area and therefore its broadcaster, IRIB, is only eligible for associate membership of the European Broadcasting Union.
  • Options
    popmusicmanpopmusicman Posts: 2,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Ironically One Direction played the Parken in Copenhagen last week as part of the world tour:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Ironically One Direction played the Parken in Copenhagen last week as part of the world tour:)

The place is quite underused it has only had 6 concerts and it opened in 2010. Is Denmark empty???

I must add though that the concerts were from major artists.
  • Options
    brbbrb Posts: 27,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Iran cannot enter. It is outside of the European Broadcasting Area

Azerbaijan is also though?
    http://www.itu.int/en/ITU-R/terrestrial/broadcast/PublishingImages/bcd%20images/ST61.jpg
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I have noticed that next years host broadcaster will be Danmarks Radio, is there no TV in Denmark?
  • Options
    phill363phill363 Posts: 24,313
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have noticed that next years host broadcaster will be Danmarks Radio, is there no TV in Denmark?

DK Co-produced the bridge