Vampire Diaries S5 - Discussion Thread (US Pace)

I didn't see a thread so I decided to make one.

They've just released the promo and it looks good!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85AIjfP9crw

Comments

• LightningIguanaLightningIguana Posts: 21,850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just over a month now, isn't it?
  • JustArunJustArun Posts: 8,941
    Forum Member
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dw1aW2Jc82U New Promo for TVD and The Originals.
  • JaymaJayma Posts: 6,418
    Forum Member
    Looking forward to seeing the main players on TVD out of the shadow of the Originals this season, but also looking forward to seeing the Originals on their own show.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jayma wrote: »
    Looking forward to seeing the main players on TVD out of the shadow of the Originals this season, but also looking forward to seeing the Originals on their own show.

God, me too, although I'm not really interested in the spinoff as I became so sick of Klaus and his whining.
    Forum Member
    God, me too, although I'm not really interested in the spinoff as I became so sick of Klaus and his whining.

Heehee...agree with you about Klaus - I'm sure we've had this conversation before! ;):). It's the idea of seeing much more of the lovely Elijah that holds my interest in the Originals. Obviously there's the risk that overexposure of his character can lead to overkill, but I'm willing to take the risk! :D
    Forum Member
    I'm excited to see more of Rebekah.
    Forum Member
    JustArun wrote: »
    I'm excited to see more of Rebekah.

I find her very bratty in TVD - rather a female Klaus. I never took to her, with the exception of the last episode in Season 4, which shows promise that she's leaving this part of her character behind. I found her more likeable with Matt. I hope that she leaves the brattiness behind with her transition to The Originals.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jayma wrote: »
    Heehee...agree with you about Klaus - I'm sure we've had this conversation before! ;):). It's the idea of seeing much more of the lovely Elijah that holds my interest in the Originals. Obviously there's the risk that overexposure of his character can lead to overkill, but I'm willing to take the risk! :D

Hee:D Well, if the Originals gets a UK airing I might have a nosey on in, but I won't go out of my way for it. I get the feeling, though, that the UK might wait and see if it makes it past its first season.

*swoon* Elijah;):D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22
    Forum Member
    Just over 4 weeks to go! Can't wait for this season, hoping its better than the last!
  • JenzenJenzen Posts: 7,364
    Forum Member
    I never really liked any of the originals except for Elijah. Season 4 was really weak to me, think I will watch one or two episodes of 5 before I drop it or not to help me make my mind up. I am hoping that the absence of the originals will improve TVD.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 36
    Forum Member
    Yeah season 4 was a drag, and Elena was just unlikable throughout.
  • DeniseDenise Posts: 12,961
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I know this is the US pace thread, but has anyone heard yet if The Originals is being taken up over here? I really hope so.

I can see Vampire Diaries being quite confusing with two sets of doppelgangers, hopefully going back to the first seasons where often shocked to find had sussed it out.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Denise wrote: »
    I know this is the US pace thread, but has anyone heard yet if The Originals is being taken up over here? I really hope so.

I can see Vampire Diaries being quite confusing with two sets of doppelgangers, hopefully going back to the first seasons where often shocked to find had sussed it out.

I don't think it's been picked up at all right now. I get the feeling (it being a spinoff) no one will make an instant grab for this until its proven itself.

There's a DS Tube talk from the 5th of this month which also has no news about a UK broadcaster, but I'd guess ITV2 might want it if anyone.
  • Joel's dadJoel's dad Posts: 4,886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I could see sky living grabbing the rights to this like they did with the secret circle.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Joel's dad wrote: »
    I could see sky living grabbing the rights to this like they did with the secret circle.

They might, yeah, but Secret Circle didn't do very well for them and this is from the same stable and again untested.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,914
    Forum Member
    I read that ITV has picked up tvd it gets a lot of viewers.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    herejohno wrote: »
    I read that ITV has picked up tvd it gets a lot of viewers.

Don't you mean The Originals?
  • GeeEmGeeEm Posts: 105
    Forum Member
    I don't think it's been picked up at all right now. I get the feeling (it being a spinoff) no one will make an instant grab for this until its proven itself.

There's a DS Tube talk from the 5th of this month which also has no news about a UK broadcaster, but I'd guess ITV2 might want it if anyone.

Looks like SyFy in the Uk has picked up the Originals. Saw an 3 second advert for it tonight while watching The River.
  • F1etchF1etch Posts: 4,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really? I can see nothing mentioning it online or on the syfy website/list of shows broadcast on it.
    Gutted if so. Was looking forward to 2 hours of essentially TVD if ITV2 stuck it on after TVD finished airing.
    Forum Member
    F1etch wrote: »
    Really? I can see nothing mentioning it online or on the syfy website/list of shows broadcast on it.
    Gutted if so. Was looking forward to 2 hours of essentially TVD if ITV2 stuck it on after TVD finished airing.

Yep, had a picture of klaus and on the screen it said Immortality is nothing, without power.
  • TiffaniTiffani Posts: 5,444
    Forum Member
    It's been confirmed that Syfy have picked up the rights to this show - there is a story now on ds about it - http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/ustv/s229/the-originals/news/a514393/vampire-diaries-spinoff-the-originals-coming-to-syfy-channel-in-uk.html
    It's a shame that ITV2 weren't prepared to pay the money for this show as I think it would have been a big hit. Now Syfy have got it loads of people will miss out because they dont have Sky.
  • Joel's dadJoel's dad Posts: 4,886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They won't treat it right, expect a January February start sate on syfy
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not that bothered, tbh, as I wasn't going to watch it anyway and it being squirrelled away on Syfy just cements that choice.

Anyway, back to TVD:D
    Forum Member
    Joel's dad wrote: »
    They won't treat it right, expect a January February start sate on syfy

I would think sooner, otherwise why have teaser trailers for it now. My bet is a few weeks after US transmission:)
    Forum Member
    Synopsis for 5x01:
    COLLEGE DAYS — After spending the summer enjoying her passionate relationship with Damon, and making sure that Jeremy is adjusting after his return from the dead, Elena is thrilled to move into the dorm at nearby Whitmore College with her new roommate, Caroline. Still believing that Bonnie has been traveling all summer and will soon join them, Elena and Caroline are surprised when a student named Megan shows up and announces that she will be sharing their dorm room. Katherine makes an unexpected appearance at the Salvatore house and pleads with Damon to help her now that she is human and vulnerable to her enemies. Matt and Rebekah return to Mystic Falls after spending a wild summer in Europe, where they met a mysterious beauty named Nadia. Elena can’t shake the feeling that something is wrong with Stefan, and Silas makes a terrifying appearance at the “End of Summer” party in the town square.