Kenan & Kel

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,561
Forum Member
✭✭
Anyone else loved this growing up? :D One of my favourite TV shows.

It really goes to show had bad kids TV is today. Nowadays it seems like every single show features young kids who sing their own theme songs and the only point of the episodes is to show off how good they are at singing (cough Victorius, iCarly etc).

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Had this on BBC2 here in the UK every morning during the 90s and have very fond memories of it.

Whenever someone quotes it in conversation I grin uncontrollably (usually it's either "Who loves orange soda?" or "I...put the screw...in the tuna!")
  • JumbobonesJumbobones Posts: 1,814
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why did he love orange soda so much?

Have you seen the film- Good Burger?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Had this on BBC2 here in the UK every morning during the 90s and have very fond memories of it.

Whenever someone quotes it in conversation I grin uncontrollably (usually it's either "Who loves orange soda?" or "I...put the screw...in the tuna!")

I love "WHYYYYYY?!?!?" and the little arm punchy thing Kenan does when he's stressed or upset. :p
  • Super_SteveSuper_Steve Posts: 4,946
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aaaaaaaaaaah here goes!
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Never seen it but I do like Kenan Thompson on Saturday Night Live.
  • MicknsivMicknsiv Posts: 187
    Forum Member
    What a show!! So many great episodes.
  • David_HillDavid_Hill Posts: 3,073
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I used to love this show as a kid. I wish they would release it on DVD.
  • Booty luvBooty luv Posts: 2,522
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    was so hoping I would open this thread and it would say Kenan & Kel to make one of return... oh well live in hope :(
  • VerenceVerence Posts: 104,575
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Booty luv wrote: »
    was so hoping I would open this thread and it would say Kenan & Kel to make one of return... oh well live in hope :(

Apparently they haven't spoken to each other for some time

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2237865/Former-Nickelodeon-star-Kel-Mitchell-says-comedy-duo-reunite.html
  • Nobby BurtonNobby Burton Posts: 1,869
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Whyyyyyyyy?
  • Booty luvBooty luv Posts: 2,522
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • SillyBillyGoatSillyBillyGoat Posts: 22,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I used to absolutely love this show!

Anyone remember the movie, "Two Heads Are Better Than None"? I found that genuinely quite scary when I was younger. Although, this part always cracks me up, when they're sitting round the campfire telling ghost stories, where Kel mistakes ghosts stories for toast stories. :D:D:D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tj7G5nzeREY

The fact that he tells it in a creepy, ominous way makes it so much better. "I suggested BUTTER". :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 18
    Forum Member
    Who loves Orange Soda? :D:D

The kids shows were a lot better when K&K were first aired. These days its all about violence and cheesy rubbish.
  • ste likes boobsste likes boobs Posts: 677
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've been watching the show over the past few weeks. The first two series are excellent, the third not so much but still pretty funny. Haven't started the fourth yet.

NIckelodeon when I was kid was brilliant.
  • GrannyGruntbuckGrannyGruntbuck Posts: 3,638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, they were good.

I used to watch it with my children.
  • LMLM Posts: 63,318
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Brilliant show and i did love the film they did as mentioned a few posts above
    Ahh back when Nickoledeon was great. That, Sabrina and Sister Sister were my golden shows of my childhood in terms of sitcoms, plus the old reruns of Saved by the bell.
  • Hollie_LouiseHollie_Louise Posts: 39,759
    Forum Member
    Kel got hot! I loved K&K so much growing up
  • PandaPawPawPandaPawPaw Posts: 7,340
    Forum Member
    I loved it too! Good clean funny fun!

Kids have crap shows these days. Hell there isn't even any Saturday morning stuff anymore.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,977
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This show was my childhood. :D Too funny.
  • SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    From time to time, I randomly remember lines from the show!

Kel: What's up?
    Roger's boss: Well, many airplanes are up![...]I work at the airport.
    Roger: HA...HA...HA!
  • TWSTWS Posts: 9,307
    Forum Member
    it was one of the only shows that I think I actually hated
  • Jason100Jason100 Posts: 17,222
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I always wondered how someone intelligent as Kel always come off a bit foolish.

I've never known someone to knock random things over or make a random mess in my house while doing something so simple! :D
  • jonloch1jonloch1 Posts: 3,175
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Used to love them as a kid but my mum absolutely hated them!! lol didn't they only do 2 or 3 series?? I remember there wasn't many episodes made of it. Loved the movie too
  • The22ndRachelThe22ndRachel Posts: 652
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fantastic show, my favourite from childhood.

When they did these jokes at the end of each episode:

Kenan: Kel, grab a clown, a flagpole, and a submarine, and meet me in my room! Come on, Buffalo Bottoms!
    [Runs away]
    Kel Kimble: Kenan, how am I gonna carry all of that stuff? Well, I guess I could put the clown and the flagpole inside the submarine, but it still SEEMS RATHER DIFFICULT! Aww, here it goes!

And the quotes mentioned above just made it brilliant.

I loved Chris who worked a at Rigbys, and the weird things he did for his mother. Kind of like early Howard from TBBT come to think of it, he had a similar relationship with his mother.
  • ste likes boobsste likes boobs Posts: 677
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jason100 wrote: »
    I always wondered how someone intelligent as Kel always come off a bit foolish.

I've never known someone to knock random things over or make a random mess in my house while doing something so simple! :D

Fairly certain that if I was Kenan I would have cut Kel out after a couple of years. He was just too annoying at times.
    Used to love them as a kid but my mum absolutely hated them!! lol didn't they only do 2 or 3 series?? I remember there wasn't many episodes made of it. Loved the movie too

They made four series and two films.