HO: The Funeral... (Spoilers)

Gummy GleekGummy Gleek Posts: 215
Forum Member
Is anyone else dreading Katy's funeral? :(

I cannot believe that Diane doesn't let Sinead know about it. Absolutely disgusting in my opinion. Judging by the Soap Scoop spoilers today, Sinead is obviously devastated.

It's going to be incredibly sad :cry: No one deserves to bury their child, let alone be accused of killing them and not told about the funeral arrangements.

Thoughts?

Comments

• Joe_ZelJoe_Zel Posts: 20,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just what Sinead deserves.
  • Karen_Grant_WasKaren_Grant_Was Posts: 382
    Forum Member
    Surley by the time they have the funeral they know how katie died meaning they should know sinead didn't kill her or is it going to be a stuoid story where they dig up the body for more tests
  • Gummy GleekGummy Gleek Posts: 215
    Forum Member
    Joe_Zel wrote: »
    Just what Sinead deserves.

Sinead has done some terrible things in the past (Esther, prostitution etc.) but no one deserves that.

I feel that Diane has been the villain in this storyline. I appreciate she has constraints put on her by social services, but she bought Sinead up, convinced her to keep her baby and has been awful to her ever since. She knows Sinead loves Katy to bits and wouldn't harm her, yet believes Lindsey's suspicions instantly??

You can't help but blame the writers for the shambles of this storyline.
    Forum Member
    Surley by the time they have the funeral they know how katie died meaning they should know sinead didn't kill her or is it going to be a stuoid story where they dig up the body for more tests
    Sonny receives the post mortem results after the funeral I think, and helps Sinead
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sinead has done some terrible things in the past (Esther, prostitution etc.) but no one deserves that.

I feel that Diane has been the villain in this storyline. I appreciate she has constraints put on her by social services, but she bought Sinead up, convinced her to keep her baby and has been awful to her ever since. She knows Sinead loves Katy to bits and wouldn't harm her, yet believes Lindsey's suspicions instantly??

You can't help but blame the writers for the shambles of this storyline.

The whinging bitch is reaping what she's sown.
    Forum Member

How so?
  • BabanBaban Posts: 2,040
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Im pleased that HO have given Steph Davis this storyline as shes a brilliant little actress, however, it's ruined some formerly good characters in the process such as Diane, Lindsey and Freddie (not as good as the other two but cheating on your wife whos just lost her baby must be the final nail in the coffin)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How so?

She's a screechy, whining, loud, obnoxious, selfish, annoying little bitch. I enjoy seeing her wallow in misery.

But my ears can't take it anymore so I'd have liked to see her finished off in that car crash.
  • ReoReo Posts: 8,659
    Forum Member

Good point.

If the police were investigating a murder/manslaughter charge, then they would need to have the cause of death and only then would they be able to release Katy's body for burial, so they would know how Katy died before the funeral.

But then where's the drama in that? It's more dramatic for Diana to leave Sinead out of the funeral and have Sinead walk in during the middle of it. (eyeroll)

I'm not looking forward to it, not because I feel sorry for Sinead, I don't, but because I can't stand Diane and what she is doing is low and yet she acts all high and mighty.
  • unclekevounclekevo Posts: 20,749
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't agree with the Diane bashing. Diane has been on Sineads side, trying to help her but rather than let her stepmother (lets not forget they have nothing tying them by blood) help her, Sinead presses self destruct putting her and her baby at risk (prostitution, drugs, working with Trev). That's why Diane is pushing her out, she cant look after herself never mind a baby. Lets not forget, if Sinead hadn't put blood on Katys nappy, Diane may not have had so little trust in her. Regardless of her intentions, you have to sink low to do that.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 546
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She's a screechy, whining, loud, obnoxious, selfish, annoying little bitch. I enjoy seeing her wallow in misery.

But my ears can't take it anymore so I'd have liked to see her finished off in that car crash.

She cant help where shes from, her accent or the way she speaks. Im from liverpool and I admit- I speak exactly like steph but I like being a scouser:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She cant help where shes from, her accent or the way she speaks. Im from liverpool and I admit- I speak exactly like steph but I like being a scouser:)

Where on earth did I say anything about where she's from or her accent? :confused:

You can be a scouser and not a screeching/whiny bitch.
  • grazemytvaddictgrazemytvaddict Posts: 4,954
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sonny receives the post mortem results after the funeral I think, and helps Sinead
    i think its before and Sinead turns up at the funeral whilst Diane is saying something I hope she gives her and Londsay a massive punch.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i think its before and Sinead turns up at the funeral whilst Diane is saying something I hope she gives her and Londsay a massive punch.

its not Lindsey's fault thought. Its Sinead's own fault, no one has brought this on apart from her selfish all about me self. personally I loved it when Lindsey slapped Sinead after the abortion remark.
  • rivercity_rulesrivercity_rules Posts: 24,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    its not Lindsey's fault thought. Its Sinead's own fault, no one has brought this on apart from her selfish all about me self. personally I loved it when Lindsey slapped Sinead after the abortion remark.

It is kind of Lindsey's fault though isn't it.

She ignored the worries of a mother because she didn't like her. Sinead then planted the blood in the nappy which was wrong, but throughout the tests on Katie, Lindsey seemed convinced there was nothing wrong with her and had already decided Sinead was attention seeking, when the tests came up clear, rather than listen to the worries of the mother, it was turned on to Sinead.

I don't think the hospital actually did anything wrong, but I think the attitude of Lindsey was not that of a caring doctor. Had it been Tegan or Diane convinced their child was ill, despite the tests showing up no illness, would Lindsey have been so non-chalont about the whole thing or would she perhaps have believed the mothers worry and tried to get more tests performed? Personally I think she would have, she was still in a fairly bitter stage because she had just aborted her own child, I don't think she was really the right person to be taking care of Katie.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It is kind of Lindsey's fault though isn't it.

She ignored the worries of a mother because she didn't like her. Sinead then planted the blood in the nappy which was wrong, but throughout the tests on Katie, Lindsey seemed convinced there was nothing wrong with her and had already decided Sinead was attention seeking, when the tests came up clear, rather than listen to the worries of the mother, it was turned on to Sinead.

I don't think the hospital actually did anything wrong, but I think the attitude of Lindsey was not that of a caring doctor. Had it been Tegan or Diane convinced their child was ill, despite the tests showing up no illness, would Lindsey have been so non-chalont about the whole thing or would she perhaps have believed the mothers worry and tried to get more tests performed? Personally I think she would have, she was still in a fairly bitter stage because she had just aborted her own child, I don't think she was really the right person to be taking care of Katie.

its not her fault one bit.

If she ran all the test she could and the results came back fine and the patient wasn't showing symptom's how is it her fault?

If Sinead wasn't a lying whining little cow people would of listened to her, but no she has to make it worse by putting blood in Katy's, which in turn made it worse for herself as now her family don't trust her. No ones fault but Sinead's.

BIB they already checked her heart - so they wasn't to know. It happens all the time where people don't get the heart defects detected.

She wasn't being portrayed as bitter after an abortion - its was Lindsey's baby not Sinead's so why would that make Lindsey bitter - that makes no sense at all. She actually looked worried about Sinead's state of mind after finding out about the blood and was worried about Katy not jealous. That's why she alerted Social Services.
  • PlasticGobPlasticGob Posts: 1,249
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

If you feel like that over a made up character then god knows what you are lke in real life! You need sectioning!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PlasticGob wrote: »
    If you feel like that over a made up character then god knows what you are lke in real life! You need sectioning!

I'm sick of seeing a character on TV who's constantly screaming and crying so I need sectioning?

Do one love.

Edit - Oh wait, you're being insulting because Sinead is a character you like. *rolleyes*
  • StarryNightStarryNight Posts: 7,289
    Forum Member

The last funeral I went to, we didn't know the cause of death until afterwards. The post-mortern had been performed but for some reason the results weren't given to the family until a week or so afterwards. I guess they needed to do blood tests or look at samples or something.

Mind you, there was no suspicion of foul-play there.
  • grazemytvaddictgrazemytvaddict Posts: 4,954
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I know she just pisses me off I like in her in the Browning sl but when she's in Frindsay or this sl she's really annoying.
  • DC1983DC1983 Posts: 601
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Sinead has been awful in the past, and I know it is just a soap. but God forbid you lose a child. You wouldn't wish that on your worst enemy.
  • trevon1trevon1 Posts: 6,530
    Forum Member
    Baban wrote: »
    Im pleased that HO have given Steph Davis this storyline as shes a brilliant little actress, however, it's ruined some formerly good characters in the process such as Diane, Lindsey and Freddie (not as good as the other two but cheating on your wife whos just lost her baby must be the final nail in the coffin)

I don't like the Freddie/Lindsey relationship aspect of the storyline, but I do understand why all three of them have their doubts toward Sinead because of her past behaviour. I do think Diane is not being very compassionate towards Sinead, but considering what Sinead has done in the past, I see where it is coming from. I think, for me, that is what has made this storyline pretty effective (especially compared to most of the other crap storylines going on right now on Hollyoaks). I understand why these characters have their point of view, but unfortunately it will lead to tragedy for Sinead.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DC1983 wrote: »
    Sinead has been awful in the past, and I know it is just a soap. but God forbid you lose a child. You wouldn't wish that on your worst enemy.

Her not being believed, not being invited and being completely shunned is reaping what she's sown.

So, stick to the soap and don't get personal, thanks.
  • NeomysterioNeomysterio Posts: 13,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She has every right in the world to be at that funeral. Diane should be ashamed of herself.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Everyone deserves to be at a loved ones funeral; yes Sinead is horrible but to not be told of her own daughter's funeral is a bit much.