Options

Sky HD auto settings affect other devices?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1
Forum Member
my tv was all set up nicely with a blu ray player and dvd player and it worked fine, then moved house, set it up, ordered sky, set that up. noticed picture settings was not great on sky, or looked funny so looked online and saw i was advised to put sky on auto, but now the blu ray and dvd struggle to display, i dont even know what i have to do to get them to display, i think the blu ray is now set to 1080i (before was p) sometimes the player still wont display if the disc has different content (i guess 1080p). just tried dvd player and that didnt work. had to put dvd in BD player and then hold "stop" boutton down to reset the BD player so displays in 576 to play the dvd -any thoughts on why this has happened?
ill try disconnecting the sky box tonight and seeing if rectifys situation and then can decide how to proceed..

Comments

• Options
    ozsatozsat Posts: 5,744
    Forum Member
    Just leave Sky set to 1080i - I don't think you'll see much difference in quality..

Some tv's have a wierd video effect when swiching between different modes and goto to 1080i should stop most of them.
  • Options
    Mystic EddyMystic Eddy Posts: 3,987
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is the Sky box connected to the TV via its own HDMI socket and not through a switch with the Blu-ray? If it's separate, it'd point to an issue with the TV where it's stopped switching to 1080p when you turn the Blu-ray on. Also, if you want to avoid a blank screen when switching between SD and HD on the Sky box, set it to 1080i. Either way, the settings on the Sky box should not affect the Blu-ray or DVD and problems should only occur when connected through the same switch.