Jale Eviction Odds Shortened Dramatically

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 970
Forum Member
✭✭
Why? Did I miss something?

When Marlon was in the mix for eviction Jale was least favourite with odds of 50/1. Yesterday morning odds had shortened dramatically, now standing at 8/15.

BB 5th Eviction Odds

Comments

• elenaelena Posts: 14,359
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As last week showed, it's probably going to depend on the edit.

My hunch? Ashleigh will leave. I'm not sure I can see them throwing Jale under a bus for her, but stranger things have happened... Eg, last week...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,363
    Forum Member
    elena wrote: »

My hunch? Ashleigh will leave. I'm not sure I can see them throwing Jale under a bus for her, but stranger things have happened... Eg, last week...
    Ashleigh wants to go which is quite sad because I have liked her being in the mix. I definitely don't want Chris or Christopher to leave so that just leaves Jale.
    If Ashleigh goes tonight and Jale stays I think Jale could hear some boos for herself which will hopefully shake her up to into being the Jale we liked at the beginning.
    Jale has become gloomy and dictatorial.
  • VenetianVenetian Posts: 28,471
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    elena wrote: »

I've can't remember being so ambivalent about an eviction; I'm kinda veering for them to save Ashleigh, who has woken up and smelt the coffee finally and is bitching less and mixing more. I'm more keen on her staying to watch the "relationship" with Helen, for me a very interesting one. Jale I fear has done too much patronising this week, I preferred her when she liked herself less:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LIZALYNN wrote: »
    Ashleigh wants to go which is quite sad because I have liked her being in the mix. I definitely don't want Chris or Christopher to leave so that just leaves Jale.
    If Ashleigh goes tonight and Jale stays I think Jale could hear some boos for herself which will hopefully shake her up to into being the Jale we liked at the beginning.
    Jale has become gloomy and dictatorial.

Yes, I wondered if she may be the least popular of a popular bunch. I'm sure given a different line up of nominees, she would be safe.

It seem Ashleigh is getting more popular especially on here. What a difference a week makes!
  • Syntax ErrorSyntax Error Posts: 27,794
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, that means she's safe then!

Bye bye Ashleigh!:p
  • eyespyeyespy Posts: 2,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bookies are making money by creating false favorites to go.
  • Slow_LorisSlow_Loris Posts: 24,878
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ash was fave to go the past two weeks, both weeks the second favourite went.

I fully expect Ashliegh to go, although i would much prefer her to stay and to that end i have reluctantly voted out Jale.

The reason for the odds is not really because of Jale doing anything wrong, it is because there is a pretty big save Ashleigh campaign and Jale was seen as the easiest target. I am not convinced but tonight may be interesting.
  • Scarlett BerryScarlett Berry Posts: 21,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    trevordoe wrote: »
    Yes, I wondered if she may be the least popular of a popular bunch. I'm sure given a different line up of nominees, she would be safe.

It seem Ashleigh is getting more popular especially on here. What a difference a week makes!

I've always liked her:)
  • Don_RecardoDon_Recardo Posts: 665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    on oddschecker they have

one bookie saying Jales odds are shortening but two say they are drifting

but for Ashleigh five bookies say her odds are shortening. :o

Maybe the tide is starting to turn in Jales favour
  • PedroPedro Posts: 9,911
    Forum Member
    Ashleigh creates far more tension in the House. Jale just a large bundle of know-it-all negativity.
  • Slow_LorisSlow_Loris Posts: 24,878
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    on oddschecker they have

It is interesting to see how the clip about Ashleigh wanting to leave will play out. It could go either way.

a) People decide they want to keep Ashleigh in to annoy her.
    b) People decide no point trying to save her if she is going to walk
    c) People think best time to get Jale out to protect their own favourite and the added bonus of Ashleigh walking means two with one stone.
    d) People don't believe Ashleigh and want to keep her in regardless.

I am on the d camp however i think many may be on the b camp.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,525
    Forum Member
    Venetian wrote: »
    I've can't remember being so ambivalent about an eviction; I'm kinda veering for them to save Ashleigh, who has woken up and smelt the coffee finally and is bitching less and mixing more. I'm more keen on her staying to watch the "relationship" with Helen, for me a very interesting one. Jale I fear has done too much patronising this week, I preferred her when she liked herself less:D

Yep me too. The eviction night excitement has gone it's just another episode ...just longer and with less hls :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    eyespy wrote: »

Can't see that happening, they have regulations to conform to.

I have come to the conclusion the odds are so changeable at the moment due to the popularity of all 4.
  • Scarlett BerryScarlett Berry Posts: 21,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pedro wrote: »
    Ashleigh creates far more tension in the House. Jale just a large bundle of know-it-all negativity.

Isn't she just. So dogmatic and full of her own importance. Sick of her
  • JanisElizabethJanisElizabeth Posts: 12,112
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    eyespy wrote: »

Does that even make sense? :confused: Surely the bookies odds depend on how many people are putting money on which housemate.
  • JanisElizabethJanisElizabeth Posts: 12,112
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gilesb wrote: »
    Ash was fave to go the past two weeks, both weeks the second favourite went.

I fully expect Ashliegh to go, although i would much prefer her to stay and to that end i have reluctantly voted out Jale.

The reason for the odds is not really because of Jale doing anything wrong, it is because there is a pretty big save Ashleigh campaign and Jale was seen as the easiest target. I am not convinced but tonight may be interesting.

I think Jale is foolishly forgetting that things can change very quickly and she's kind of resting on her laurels after being saved and cheered the past few weeks. I'm finding her pretty patronising and lectury (not sure if that's a word lol) lately and it could cost her her place in the house. I'm voting to evict her tonight simply because it seems very close between her and Ashleigh and I would prefer Ashleigh to stay.
  • Cat-Cat- Posts: 7,612
    Forum Member
    Can't see that happening, they have regulations to conform to.

I have come to the conclusion the odds are so changeable at the moment due to the popularity of all 4.

Here's the latest Oddschecker link. I'm not sure what the colour codes mean. Does pink mean safe or safer than blue? :confused:

http://www.oddschecker.com/tv/big-brother/next-eviction
  • StigOfTheKrumpStigOfTheKrump Posts: 36,363
    Forum Member
    Cat- wrote: »
    Here's the latest Oddschecker link. I'm not sure what the colour codes mean. Does pink mean safe or safer than blue? :confused:

Blue is shortening (so becoming more likely), pink is drifting (becoming less likely). Which doesn't bid too well for Ashleigh.
    Forum Member
    Blue is shortening (so becoming more likely), pink is drifting (becoming less likely). Which doesn't bid too well for Ashleigh.

Ah, okay. Thank you. Be worth checking throughout the day. I also think whatever they show on HL show might swing it either way. :)
  • eyespyeyespy Posts: 2,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does that even make sense? :confused: Surely the bookies odds depend on how many people are putting money on which housemate.

People can put money on housemates according to trends, Jale was safe until Marlon was out, Bookies would have to reevaluate with Marlon out, many would see the drop in odds for Jale and latch onto it, making more people bet on Jale. Ash was odds on for two weeks we thought he would go but the wider audience chose Toya and Matt, people that are more likely to vote than bet.
  • adamski94adamski94 Posts: 3,042
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    on oddschecker they have

I hope so there seem to be more jale fans on here yesterday
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Odds have changed again making Jale and Ashleigh almost neck & neck now.

Tonight will be very interesting. If Jale goes the rest of the house will wonder what the **** is going on.
    Forum Member
    Odds have changed again making Jale and Ashleigh almost neck & neck now.

Tonight will be very interesting. If Jale goes the rest of the house will wonder what the **** is going on.

This is the latest betting. I see Christopher's odds have changed too. Looks like it's going to be a close run between all three of them and will all depend on editing of tonight's show.

Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why? Did I miss something?

When Marlon was in the mix for eviction Jale was least favourite with odds of 50/1. Yesterday morning odds had shortened dramatically, now standing at 8/15.

BB 5th Eviction Odds

It's all change. Ashleigh now taken bookies favourite spot. Wow....BB odds are buzzing today.
  • The_BonoboThe_Bonobo Posts: 5,648
    Forum Member
    With Ash I felt that people were perhaps thinking he was likely to go (due to forums
    or just how they perceived his behaviour) but also they maybe thought it was a good bet.
    The odds were maybe reasonable at the time also.

If the bets are quite big it then skews the odds and who becomes favourite.
    The bigger a favourite he became the more I thought he would actually stay.
    I will not be surprised if Jale's situation turns out to be similar.

Add in people voting more because of the odds and Jale staying seems even more likely.