Celebrity Apprentice USA ?

Comments

• oulandyoulandy Posts: 18,242
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I see from the TV listings there is an Apprentice programme on BBC One tonight. It seems to be about halfway through a series which I hadn't realised was on. Is it a Celebrity version?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 413
    Forum Member
    Just caught up on last nights ep. Clint Black is a creepy control freak, utterly disgusting individual. Clearly Donald Tramp kept him in because the men are dropping like flies, it doesn't fit with his idea of men in the work place.

The Khloe firing really shocked me though. Whilst agreed her drink driving is completely inexcusable, she is clearly trying to repent for her behaviour. He made it personal, and in my opinion his treatment of her - on international tv - was disgraceful. Having said that, this is Donald Trump, and we all know he is a poor excuse for a human being.

Although I enjoy watching the show, he represents everything I despise about capitalism and the attitude of the rich and famous :mad:
  • SillyBillyGoatSillyBillyGoat Posts: 22,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Khloe firing really shocked me though. Whilst agreed her drink driving is completely inexcusable, she is clearly trying to repent for her behaviour. He made it personal, and in my opinion his treatment of her - on international tv - was disgraceful. Having said that, this is Donald Trump, and we all know he is a poor excuse for a human being.

Exactly what I thought when I saw this. A firing based on personal opinions. Shouldn't he know personal issues and business don't go together? :confused:

It was really an excuse for him to get high and mighty. Maybe he should research his contestants before the show.

Both firings from Episode 6 were strange. Tionne and Khloe were both fired for seriously bizarre reasons.
  • Gemo52Gemo52 Posts: 128,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Exactly what I thought when I saw this. A firing based on personal opinions. Shouldn't he know personal issues and business don't go together? :confused:

It was really an excuse for him to get high and mighty. Maybe he should research his contestants before the show.

Both firings from Episode 6 were strange. Tionne and Khloe were both fired for seriously bizarre reasons.

Really bizarre, especially after he’d carried a permanently sloshed Rodman until the previous programme.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 276
    Forum Member
    Trump is not running a competition, he is just indulging his own whims and prejudices. Whatever the merits (or not) of his views, once the conduct of the task has no impact on the subsequent firings then the programme becomes a waste of time.
  • MirageMirage Posts: 39,247
    Forum Member
    Ugh I cannot stand the way Annie and Brandy are acting towards Melissa. It's just so childish and reminds me of senior school.

Annie really is two faced and so desperate to reach the winning post.
  • dog_eat_dogdog_eat_dog Posts: 3,619
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I agree.

Both were fired, even though they were just trying to do the right thing. In Trumps world, ruthlessness is king. He seems to favour ratings over anything else...not a nice guy.

Still, I'm rooting for either Joan or Melissa to win now. Would hate to see any of the others triumph, tbh.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 614
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dont look at the EPG for ' The Final Challenge ' Sunday 11th March - 23:35

as it gives the name of the two in the finale.
  • NorfolkPoppyNorfolkPoppy Posts: 5,688
    Forum Member
    Just watched the final episode and I have now become Disgruntled of Norfolk!

What a s**t Donald Trump is. Having fired Kloe about DUI, he now applauds Denis coming back on and allows HIM to have a go at Jesse but tells Jesse to shut up when HE tells Denis that he cared enough to try and stop him drinking.

Trump continued to interrupt Annie and allowed Joan Rivers to be totall unpolitically correct in her nasty statements. Annie was quite right, Joan would have been fired on any board having made those racist comments.

Total farce. God bless Alan Sugar.
  • The AmbassadorThe Ambassador Posts: 5,631
    Forum Member
    Just watched the final episode and I have now become Disgruntled of Norfolk!

What a s**t Donald Trump is. Having fired Kloe about DUI, he now applauds Denis coming back on and allows HIM to have a go at Jesse but tells Jesse to shut up when HE tells Denis that he cared enough to try and stop him drinking.

Trump continued to interrupt Annie and allowed Joan Rivers to be totall unpolitically correct in her nasty statements. Annie was quite right, Joan would have been fired on any board having made those racist comments.

Total farce. God bless Alan Sugar.
    I saw this series when it first aired in the U.S. a couple of years ago and Trump choosing Joan as the winner over Annie is the reason I haven't watched it since.

Trump was out of order pointing to Annie when saying who his winner was, only to then say you're fired. He'd never done that before.
  • JauntyMontyJauntyMonty Posts: 377
    Forum Member
    Someone told me a while back that some celebs only agree to compete if they are guaranteed to get so far. I didn't give it much credence until this series. Trumps bias toward Joan over Annie was a disgrace. I struggled to like any of the celebs in this series. The disagreements and prima donna antics were entertaining but ultimately you need some nice guys to root for.
  • Yobaba**Yobaba** Posts: 4,108
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The series was a complete farce from beginning to end (though I do like Joan a lot and was pleased for her). I've always hated Trump as a person though, and in this particular series you see it really strongly.

It is a series low for the Celeb Apprentice, I don't think it ever gets quite so rigged and nasty as this.
  • pocatellopocatello Posts: 8,813
    Forum Member
    Gonna stop watching it now, that last firing and decision was a farce, I only kinda watched it for adam carolla and penn, now its clearly rigged.

Like how adam kept his dignity through the total bs and just took it and left.
  • Yobaba**Yobaba** Posts: 4,108
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pocatello wrote: »
    Gonna stop watching it now, that last firing and decision was a farce, I only kinda watched it for adam carolla and penn, now its clearly rigged.

Like how adam kept his dignity through the total bs and just took it and left.

I don't know why I keep watching really. Because if you think about it, it is so obvious who has been cast as the main stars and who are just filler. I think the filler people even know that they are just filler. And Trump just wants to keep the big names because all he cares about are ratings.
  • jamctjamct Posts: 579
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ... the rows, insults and upsets must have been stage managed as in TOWIE and MIC.

So Annie Duke, I, I, I, I, I, I, I, I Annie.......lost the final head-to-head poker hand on the 'RIVER' ;), very apt. However, on the way she raised a fab amount of money for charity. Well done all contestants. :D:D:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just caught up with the last 3 installments on BBCi. Dear gawd, Melissa and Joan need to put some distance between them, they are so majorly entwined it's disturbing. I hate most of them, it's not a par on S1, or the few episodes of the latest one which I'm enjoying, but while I could cheerfully knock Annie Duke, Sandra Bullock's ex ( :eek: what the hell did she see in HIM? He's repulsive) and the singing cowboy who is patently suffering from small man syndrome,out for the count,I hated the way Trump dealt with Khloe and his total hypocrisy towards Rodman. I felt so sorry for Khloe, especially as she is the only decent Kardashian.
    Forum Member
    Yobaba** wrote: »
    I don't know why I keep watching really. Because if you think about it, it is so obvious who has been cast as the main stars and who are just filler. I think the filler people even know that they are just filler. And Trump just wants to keep the big names because all he cares about are ratings.

I just can't be bothered after this episode, its clear they choose to keep more of the women in the game for the cat fighting and no merit will get in the way of that kind of false drama.
    I guess they are going for the "real housewives" demographic.
  • NorfolkPoppyNorfolkPoppy Posts: 5,688
    Forum Member
    The thing is....it's like I've imagined the bloomin scenes!

We get to see just how nasty Joan is to the event organiser and yet Trump almost calls Annie a liar in the boardroom when she says what she has been told.....and that we already know. And Joan does call her a liar....and more.

And then you hear the audience clapping Joan Rivers and they've watched the same scenes.

Trump got what he wanted from Annie, three times what he got from Joan and all her friends, and then he hung Annie out to dry.
  • Reality SucksReality Sucks Posts: 28,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The thing is....it's like I've imagined the bloomin scenes!

We get to see just how nasty Joan is to the event organiser and yet Trump almost calls Annie a liar in the boardroom when she says what she has been told.....and that we already know. And Joan does call her a liar....and more.

And then you hear the audience clapping Joan Rivers and they've watched the same scenes.

Trump got what he wanted from Annie, three times what he got from Joan and all her friends, and then he hung Annie out to dry.

He just couldn't deal with the fallout if Joan lost. I must admit I was rooting for Joan, just because well.....she's Joan. My favourite episode was Joan Rivers Concierge. Just the idea of Joan Rivers having to deal with ordinary people's complaints in a hotel (I imagine she's not the easiest hotel guest;))

Despite the hypocricy of Trump and the brattish behaviour of Joan and Melissa (or maybe because of it) I really enjoyed the series. Annie was the brightest contender, but I didn't like her flinty edged narcissism much.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :o I was rooting for Joan too, partly because I've never heard a woman quite so full of her own marvellousness as Annie Duke. Repulsive woman.

Yes Joan was a bitch, but, let's face it she's been around for years with that acerbic sense of humour. I quite enjoy her in moderation. What I dont enjoy is seeing her with Melissa. That relationship is so codependant it's totally screwed up.

I also love Piers ( dont flame me, I always have :p ) and loved his "interviews" especially calling out Jesse on having a personality by-pass. All in all, though nothing like as good as the first Zleb Apprentice, I enjoyed it.

I'm straight but Ivanka just gets more and more stunning. If I still was of the age of having role models she would totally be mine. She's beautiful, intelligent, poised and very quick. I sort of like Trump Junior ( who needed a haircut) but Ivanka knocks him and the insignificant Erik right out of the ball park.

Thank gawd neither of the elder two seem to have inherited Trumps' major flaws, which are many. Taste being the one thing that stands out.

I loved Ivankas' response to Joan when she said that if Melissa was thrown under the bus she'd walk out too. Ivanka calmly telling her that her father would do the opposite. Hah!

Also went :rolleyes: at Trump setting the food jingle thing and talking about the recession and hard times from his dining room. Probably one of the tackiest rooms of all in his magnificently tacky, bad taste apartment. But it's probably the most expensive dining room in the world, so in Donald's eyes it's beautiful. Pht* Idiot. Hire an interior designer with some class will you?
  • bingoesbingoes Posts: 4,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well I was an avid watcher of the USA celeb apprentice, but not anymore after reading this, I am disgusted. So sad.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2114122/Donald-Eric-Trump-pictured-posing-trophy-carcasses-big-African-hunt.html

:mad::cry:
    Forum Member
    http://www.adamcarolla.com/penn-jillette-and-captain-sean-parnell/

Adam carolla explains on his podcast what they did to twist reality on that show to get him fired and have his team loose so strangely. The editing lets them do whatever they want, pretty sleazy.
  • Lorelei LaFleurLorelei LaFleur Posts: 4,504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bingoes wrote: »
    Well I was an avid watcher of the USA celeb apprentice, but not anymore after reading this, I am disgusted. So sad.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2114122/Donald-Eric-Trump-pictured-posing-trophy-carcasses-big-African-hunt.html

:mad::cry:

Despicable. :mad:
    Forum Member
    Oh come on, stupidly rich people going hunting in those places keeps those animals alive. You might think it paradoxical but it gives those things value and protection from poachers and native hunters or farmers that just think they are nuisances.
  • piimapoikapiimapoika Posts: 284
    Forum Member
    I really wanted Annie to win: she was calm and professional and got on with the job. I hated Joan and Melissa's juvenile outbursts. And I don't see that Joan's "stamina" should be taken into consideration: Annie has good looks, the bloke with the nose rings has beaten his drink demons, and Sandra Bullock's husband has a silly beard. What's that got to do with anything?

Piers was right that Joan had come top in 3 of the 5 sub-tasks. But she shouted not only over Annie, but over Trump as well, refusing to let either of them speak. I think she should have been fired just for that.