Call The Midwife Series 2 Discussion- Sundays on BBC One

Comments

• Tangledweb7Tangledweb7 Posts: 3,890
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thank god it's finished. Now it's time.;)
  • alcockellalcockell Posts: 25,160
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi all...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like the way that they've well-researched some of the shoutouts - another song accurate to time. Catch won the first Gold Disc in '58 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catch_a_Falling_Star
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think that blonde guy crashed and burned...
  • ExistentialistExistentialist Posts: 1,459
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jessica Raine is heavenly.
  • ChuhChuh Posts: 15,589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No not Chummy :(
  • j'aimelatelej'aimelatele Posts: 557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Please dont finish in such a sad note...

Oh good...it didnt..:)
  • Rogana JoshRogana Josh Posts: 41,348
    Forum Member
    This is so sad...............:cry:
  • kaob82kaob82 Posts: 276
    Forum Member
    Will there be another series? Sorry if this has been answered already!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8
    Forum Member
    That was a GREAT episode. Roll on the Christmas special.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 20
    Forum Member
    Ahhhhh!!! We officially have TURNADETTE!!! :D

And all is well with Chummy! :D

What a brilliant episode! Cried a little haha
  • EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kaob82 wrote: »

I was about to ask the same question.....I'm guessing so seeing as how hugely popular the show is? :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 52
    Forum Member
    kaob82 wrote: »

Yes, there will be a third season (to air in 2014), but they will need a new set from the looks of it

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/call-the-midwife-third-series-needs-1525006

An another note:

Oh gosh, I am a mess. I don't think I have bawled like that since the final episode of "Merlin". :D

I am repeating myself each week, but I am SO in love with this little show.

*deep content sigh*
  • PinkPetuniaPinkPetunia Posts: 5,479
    Forum Member
    Awwwwww . bless .
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wanted a proper kiss with Dr. Turner and Sr. Bernadette.:(
  • Lisa_NaylorLisa_Naylor Posts: 827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hope all the characters are back next series. There's no reason they shouldn't be. Sheila and Patrick said they were staying in the area and she could just be a married mid-wife.

Am I the only who doesn't care at all about Jenny's love life? I care about the others but hers bores me.
  • ChrissieAOChrissieAO Posts: 5,141
    Forum Member
    What a brilliant final episode...quite emotional...
  • EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

She's a bit too reserved still for public shows of affection. Perhaps in Series 3 :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 52
    Forum Member

That scene in the fog on the street... *faints* That's when I turned on the waterworks and never stopped until the credits roled.

I didn't mind one bit we didn't get the kiss, I was just happy, there wasn't something coming between them at the last moment. :)

I also thought that Vanessa Redgrave did an OUTSTANDING job with those final lines. Gosh, everything about this show is just perfect, amazing, heartwarming.

Dear BBC: THANK YOU.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope all the characters are back next series. There's no reason they shouldn't be. Sheila and Patrick said they were staying in the area and she could just be a married mid-wife.

Am I the only who doesn't care at all about Jenny's love life? I care about the others but hers bores me.

No you are'nt it was torcher waiting for scenes with Sr Bernadette and Dr Turner I hope they are in the Christmas Speacial.;)
  • Lisa_NaylorLisa_Naylor Posts: 827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No you are'nt it was torcher waiting for scenes with Sr Bernadette and Dr Turner I hope they are in the Christmas Speacial.;)

They wasted too many scenes on Jenny's boring love life.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8
    Forum Member
    I wonder where series 3 will take us. Glad all turned out well for our fav characters
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They wasted too many scenes on Jenny's boring love life.

I really don't care for Jenny's love life if I see less of it I'm happy. Nothing against the actress but all the other characters are more interesting.
    Forum Member
    That scene in the fog on the street... *faints* That's when I turned on the waterworks and never stopped until the credits roled.I didn't mind one bit we didn't get the kiss, I was just happy, there wasn't something coming between them at the last moment. :)

I also thought that Vanessa Redgrave did an OUTSTANDING job with those final lines. Gosh, everything about this show is just perfect, amazing, heartwarming.

Dear BBC: THANK YOU.

Fabulous cinematography , fabulous editing and fabulous ending .Loved it .( sniff , sniff ) :)
    Forum Member
    I really don't care for Jenny's love life if I see less of it I'm happy. Nothing against the actress but all the other characters are more interesting.

Arent they just . Trixie makes me laugh , Cynthia makes me go all soppy , Sr Julienne is sublime, Chummy is spiffingly wonderful . Sheila and Patrick and young boy ( who name always escapes me ) are sweet and cute .
    Jenny bores me .Jimmy who ?