Inadvertently Creepy Things

Comments

• Ancient IDTVAncient IDTV Posts: 10,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't find that Teddy Bear's Picnic song creepy because I'll always associate it with Dad's Army. I don't recall which episode(s) it was used it atm, but it always makes me think of that show, which I really like.
  • vodkamargarinevodkamargarine Posts: 1,777
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In the sixties as a child I always found the music to Dr. Who terrifying! :eek: Not the programme, just the music! :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 480
    Forum Member
    If anyone remembers the kids programme Chocky that was creepy.

I also had nightmares about Humphrey cushion from Hickory House.

As for modern day stuff I find the music on Candy Crush very sinister sounding.
  • Grabid RanniesGrabid Rannies Posts: 4,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This song always does it for me? I'm not sure what it is (it's a children's song about a picnic for God's sake), but I've always been scared of it (maybe it's the warning children not to go down to the woods alone?)

I think it would be perfect for use in a horror film or public awareness advert.

It was 'adapted' for use as the end credits rolled in the 1980s 'video nasty'... Don't Go In The Woods!

The film's a 15 these days, although the use of the song at the climax is equally disturbingly bad/just plain disturbing.
  • MurraymarMurraymar Posts: 4,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was always terrified of the Irish TV licence inspector ad from the early eighties.
  • Phoenix LazarusPhoenix Lazarus Posts: 17,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Edward Heath's face in the early '70s, when I was little. His face looked weirdly pig-like, with the folds of flesh around his jowls and chin, plus those tiny little eyes. Also, he seemed to bare all his teeth like fangs when he grinned. Seeing him in black and white on our old telly made him seem more sinister. The screen had a lot of contrast. His face seemed surrounded by dark shadow.
  • Hypnos MetisHypnos Metis Posts: 98
    Forum Member
    Tottie - Story of a Dolls House
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8aEF-1qr4CU
    - especially when there was doll murder goinig on - scarred for life!
    Also Pob - yuck!
  • jessmumjessmum Posts: 596
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The crusha milkshake advert with the cats....shiver....
  • satellitesatellite Posts: 8,181
    Forum Member
    mialicious wrote: »
    Vintage dolls

God yes, gross!

I was always freaked out by that ventriloquist doll Lord Charles!
  • JessTheCatJessTheCat Posts: 1,202
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is going to make me sound crazy but I can't stand the Nutella advert where 4 faces are put together and the eyes are going in weird directions - totally creeps me out, I have to look away from the screen :eek:
  • marcina bolanmarcina bolan Posts: 645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The guy at the end of Who framed Roger Rabbit, where he got squashed, re-inflated then his eyes popped out.
  • NightFox_DancerNightFox_Dancer Posts: 14,739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JessTheCat wrote: »
    This is going to make me sound crazy but I can't stand the Nutella advert where 4 faces are put together and the eyes are going in weird directions - totally creeps me out, I have to look away from the screen :eek:

I'm the same! I find it really unsettling.
  • 21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,506
    Forum Member
    I've always found the Last Post creepy. It sends a shudder down my spine whenever I hear it. Also that laughing clown thing at Blackpool Pleasure beach is like something from a horror film. It's face is disgusting.

I've been to Blackpool once in my life, and that was enough to deter me from ever returning again (well, that and seeing a tramp vomit on an Alsatian)

It's so macabre, I can't believe anyone thought it would be whimsical or fun.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,118
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have megalophobia so I quite often go onto meltdown about the most innocent things. Calshot power station makes me want to heave, as does the spinnaker tower. bleugh.

my husband finds it hilarious!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wind turbines. Dunno why, but they freak me out no end :(

Sounds like you have megalophobia!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm the same! I find it really unsettling.

I'm so glad it's not just me!! :)
    Forum Member
    That Number Station is really weird.

I'd never really heard of them before but they're quite fascinating. I love the idea that it's a communication network for spies.

The tune in the Lincolnshire Poacher is so innocuous, but the stuff of nightmares!
  • jzeejzee Posts: 25,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wind turbines. Dunno why, but they freak me out no end :(
    Have you ever seen War of the Worlds or Tripods?
    Forum Member
    leemuir wrote: »
    Tiptoe Through The Tulips by Tiny Tim, especially when they played it during Insidious

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7UUtLZ1Sgw

Never, ever stops being creepy
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    On the topic of wheels on the bus, my MIL bought ny son a singalong dvd with nursery rhymes. My boy lives it but I have to put up with this creepyness for up to an hour every day. I don't know why I detest the video so much, but it just creeps me out how insanely happy everyone is.

m.youtube.com/watch?sa=X&ei=gWABUuSnBY_EsgaC_oGoBQ&ved=0CBEQqwQ&v=4Y6F0mWOQlo&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3D4Y6F0mWOQlo%26sa%3DX%26ei%3DgWABUuSnBY_EsgaC_oGoBQ%26ved%3D0CBEQqwQ
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 29,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Radiance26 wrote: »
    oh my god this freaked me out big time!! :D Worse part of the film was seeing that little boy through the window dancing to this!

Now imagine being woken up in the middle of the night by this song! :D
    Forum Member
    maurice45 wrote: »
    Now imagine being woken up in the middle of the night by this song! :D

It's a creepy song before you add ghost children!
    Forum Member
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DvMFGAUBBKc

Christian Youth Group does a dance-along video. I have no idea what's happening, but I'm pretty sure it's the product of a tortured mind.

Those things are stuff of nightmares!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DvMFGAUBBKc

Christian Youth Group does a dance-along video. I have no idea what's happening, but I'm pretty sure it's the product of a tortured mind.

Those things are stuff of nightmares!

Ye Gods, what sort of brain comes up with something like that!! I think I need to go round the house and put some more lights on, maybe ring OH and ask him to hurry back from the pub.....................:eek::eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 29,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JessTheCat wrote: »
    Ye Gods, what sort of brain comes up with something like that!! I think I need to go round the house and put some more lights on, maybe ring OH and ask him to hurry back from the pub.....................:eek::eek:

It's like The Ring video 2.0 :D