Options

First Official synopsis of the 50th

Tillymint82Tillymint82 Posts: 946
Forum Member
✭✭
First official synopsis appeared on Facebooks '50th anniversary zone

'HEADS UP The very first spoiler from the 50th episode has been revealed in this very short synopsis that was released online

'The Doctor and Clara are still trapped within the Doctor's timeline.

The only way to escape is to reopen the lock that conceals the Doctor’s darkest day. The Time War'

source https://www.facebook.com/DW50thZone?fref=ts

Comments

• Options
    lordOfTimelordOfTime Posts: 22,371
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

'HEADS UP The very first spoiler from the 50th episode has been revealed in this very short synopsis that was released online

The only way to escape is to reopen the lock that conceals the Doctor’s darkest day. The Time War'

But that's impossible. :eek:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,003
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is there an actual official source for this?
  • Options
    davrosdodebirddavrosdodebird Posts: 8,692
    Forum Member
    Sounds great, but where online was this posted before they put it on facebook? Cos otherwise it's not official :(
  • Options
    CoalHillJanitorCoalHillJanitor Posts: 15,634
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lordOfTime wrote: »
    But that's impossible. :eek:

Who knows what's possible when you're arsing about in your own timeline? :p
  • Options
    PalmerwhoPalmerwho Posts: 1,158
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

If true it's an escape hatch for The Master down the road as well as the Doctors & Clara.
  • Options
    saladfingers81saladfingers81 Posts: 11,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sigh sigh sigh
  • Options
    johnnysaucepnjohnnysaucepn Posts: 6,775
    Forum Member

That's not an official source, and references no official source. It's about as official as the poster they've mocked up featuring McGann.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,670
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This doesn't sound true to me. I reckon the special will be a spiritual sequel as opposed to a direct one. It would be a bit silly to have this big event directly lead In from the last episode. Not every viewer will have watched it. The TARDIS will start somewhere fresh at the beginning I reckon.
  • Options
    TheSilentFezTheSilentFez Posts: 11,103
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This doesn't sound true to me. I reckon the special will be a spiritual sequel as opposed to a direct one. It would be a bit silly to have this big event directly lead In from the last episode. Not every viewer will have watched it. The TARDIS will start somewhere fresh at the beginning I reckon.

At the end of The Name of the Doctor, they were trapped in the Doctor's timeline though, so this will still have to be resolved somehow, be that a direct continuation, a flashback or even just a spoken explanation
  • Options
    johnnysaucepnjohnnysaucepn Posts: 6,775
    Forum Member
    At the end of The Name of the Doctor, they were trapped in the Doctor's timeline though, so this will still have to be resolved somehow, be that a direct continuation, a flashback or even just a spoken explanation

I don't think there was any implication that they were trapped, only that Clara couldn't get out without the Doctor guiding her.
  • Options
    Sara_PeplowSara_Peplow Posts: 1,579
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It makes sense for it to carry on from the last episode. G I started it by messing with the doctors timeline. Bound to be consequences.
  • Options
    shortcrustshortcrust Posts: 1,546
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not convinced that this sentence...

The only way to escape is to reopen the lock that conceals the Doctor’s darkest day.

... hasn't been written by someone who writes for a living. It's just not right for a short synopsis.
  • Options
    sandydunesandydune Posts: 10,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think there was any implication that they were trapped, only that Clara couldn't get out without the Doctor guiding her.
    A concept such as Clara who has been about for as long as The Doctor, going by what has been seen in The Name Of The Doctor, she could have a plan maybe involving River.

River- Clara, remember, tell the Doctor this, only this....
    (River whispers to Clara)
    Clara- Will he understand?
    River- Always
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,244
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Even if they were trapped - which is ambiguous at best, and not really an important story beat either way - but even if they were trapped, have you ever seen a Moffat two-parter?! Like hell it has to be resolved!! q:
  • Options
    allen_whoallen_who Posts: 2,819
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does op know what a synopsis is ?
  • Options
    saladfingers81saladfingers81 Posts: 11,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    allen_who wrote: »
    Does op know what a synopsis is ?

or what 'official' means? No. No they don't. But its not the first time either.
  • Options
    ShoppyShoppy Posts: 1,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I believe the validity of the information referenced in the original post could best be summed up using Jim "The Dragon" Kelly's famous words to Mister Han in Enter The Dragon.

:D