Options

iPhone 6 with big screen (leaked pictures "allegedly")

Comments

• Options
    Jamie_BradleyJamie_Bradley Posts: 408
    Forum Member
    asyousay wrote: »
    iPhones now are not exciting and just tread water when they do update . If the last iPhone had better specs I would of sold my 5 and got the 5s but there was nothing there that warranted me doing that .

They have not released a phone in the last few years that has made anybody go " wow I have to have that " - they seem to make minimal effort when they upgrade and the 6 will be a big phone to see if they can buck that trend .

The last phone that made any kind of waves and made people take note was the Samsung galaxy .

But the latest Samsung galaxy phone has appalling sales figures and is being outsold by the iPhone 5c how do you explain that?
  • Options
    StigglesStiggles Posts: 9,618
    Forum Member
    But the latest Samsung galaxy phone has appalling sales figures and is being outsold by the iPhone 5c how do you explain that?

In what market? Worldwide? Or just in the US?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    calico_pie wrote: »
    Its not a pissing contest, but for whatever reason, the iPhone does seem to generate a lot of interest, rumour, speculation etc. And the new one does seem to be generating more than usual, primarily because of it having a larger screen.

I don't think it is. It's just the usual rumours and speculation. I've not seen this one any busier than any other phone launch.
  • Options
    asyousayasyousay Posts: 38,838
    Forum Member

I was talking about the first one , I honestly have no idea how well the new one has been selling . And I am amazed the 5c is selling so well as I thought the phone had pretty much bombed after the first month of release :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    asyousay wrote: »
    I was talking about the first one , I honestly have no idea how well the new one has been selling . And I am amazed the 5c is selling so well as I thought the phone had pretty much bombed after the first month of release :)

I think it picked up once retailers slashed the price as it was horrendously overpriced. It's now free on most contracts as well.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Stiggles wrote: »
    I think it picked up once retailers slashed the price as it was horrendously overpriced. It's now free on most contracts as well.

Just like the samung galaxy S5 and Nexus 5 the iPhone 5c is free on most contracts. Unfortunately even though the S5 is free on most contracts it is still a massive failure.
  • Options
    alanwarwicalanwarwic Posts: 28,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tdenson wrote: »
    ..The reason it might be significant to an Android user ..
    That has been covered many a time so I will bother answering to your own insignificance experience.

For me, it is the main one for me in that list.
  • Options
    Forum Member

That is not a bad deal then as my iPhone 5 was £100 down before I started with the 2 year contract .
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Just like the samung galaxy S5 and Nexus 5 the iPhone 5c is free on most contracts. Unfortunately even though the S5 is free on most contracts it is still a massive failure.

It wasn't free to start with.

Care to show me some evidence of this massive failure? Just I personally know more people with a galaxy s5 than a 5c.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    tdenson wrote: »
    You really cannot be serious that that is a significant issue. I am a very heavy user of GPS based apps, both in the car and out in remote locations walking. Can't say that particular thing has ever inconvenienced me on an iPhone. The reason it might be significant to an Android user is because Android is rubbish at automatic battery management.

No its not. I do wish you would stop saying that.

You are assuming that android in general is rubbish with battery life which is complete rubbish. What is bad with battery life is your phone and the gps app you choose to use. Using Google maps as the GPS instead, it will last just as long as your iPhone.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    :blush:

You are assuming that android in general is rubbish with battery life which is complete rubbish. What is bad with battery life is your phone and the gps app you choose to use. Using Google maps as the GPS instead, it will last just as long as your iPhone.

I used Android for many many years, and functionality wise it's definetly does the job and I really like it. But hand on heart Androids battery management is the absolute worst I have ever known.

This is just a fact, and I put it down to googles absolute obsession with privacy invasion. Android seems to be trying to report absolutely every key stroke, every email read, every web page viewed. It's so geared towards advertising.
  • Options
    corfcorf Posts: 1,499
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Incar charger - Iphone 4, googlemaps is a slow battery gain
    Incar charger - nexus 5, googlemaps is a slow battery drain.

Both charged from my griffin dual USB 12v adaptor. First time I used the nexus in car I was pretty surprised the charging couldnt keep up with the battery usage.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    :blush:

I used Android for many many years, and functionality wise it's definetly does the job and I really like it. But hand on heart Androids battery management is the absolute worst I have ever known.

This is just a fact.

It's not fact at all. Just because you say it is, doesn't make it so.

Android battery and multitasking used to be woeful, just like ios was. In recent years it's just as good as ios.

As for the reporting keystrokes etc, that's just completely laughable!! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    It's not fact at all. Just because you say it is, doesn't make it so.

Android battery and multitasking used to be woeful, just like ios was. In recent years it's just as good as ios.

Sorry but that is nonsense, Since moving to iPhone I have been astounded by just how long my phone will last on a single charge compared to my previous Android devices.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    corf wrote: »
    Incar charger - Iphone 4, googlemaps is a slow battery gain
    Incar charger - nexus 5, googlemaps is a slow battery drain.

Both charged from my griffin dual USB 12v adaptor. First time I used the nexus in car I was pretty surprised the charging couldnt keep up with the battery usage.

Can't say I noticed that. I got in the car on holiday with a full battery, i plugged it in and it stayed at 100% the whole 3 hour journey.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Sorry but that is nonsense, Since moving to iPhone I have been astounded by just how long my phone will last on a single charge compared to my previous Android devices.

It's not nonsense at all. My father has an iPhone 5s and on holiday my nexus 5 lasted the same amount of time. It's of course how you use your phone, but having had iPhones myself and android phones, there is absolutely no difference at all.

I think personally your talking rubbish to cause problems here. Ever since you joined, all you have done is troll this board with your anti android rubbish. I think it's clear you don't own an android device at all. Simply because if you did, you wouldn't say half the rubbish you do.
  • Options
    corfcorf Posts: 1,499
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can't say I noticed that. I got in the car on holiday with a full battery, i plugged it in and it stayed at 100% the whole 3 hour journey.

Interesting, my regular drive that I noticed it on is over the Brecon Beacons, so it could be a combo of Poor Signal and the bigger more power hungry screen that causes it to consume more than it charges.

Im going to pay more attention to this.
  • Options
    calico_piecalico_pie Posts: 10,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It wasn't free to start with.

Care to show me some evidence of this massive failure? Just I personally know more people with a galaxy s5 than a 5c.

Put it this way - its difficult to argue that the 5C has been a massive failure relative to the S5.

Put it this way - it speaks volumes that there have been endless posts on here about what a failure the 5C was, but not so much on the S5.

Again, not that any of this is a pissing contest, but given that both phones have done pretty well, don't you think its interesting that one has attracted so much negativity about what a failure its been, and the other hasn't?

Or do you think its an accurate reflection on how well, or otherwise, the two phones have done?
  • Options
    Stuart_hStuart_h Posts: 5,311
    Forum Member
    It's not nonsense at all. My father has an iPhone 5s and on holiday my nexus 5 lasted the same amount of time. It's of course how you use your phone, but having had iPhones myself and android phones, there is absolutely no difference at all.

I think personally your talking rubbish to cause problems here. Ever since you joined, all you have done is troll this board with your anti android rubbish. I think it's clear you don't own an android device at all. Simply because if you did, you wouldn't say half the rubbish you do.

Sorry Stiggles but our new "oh-so-techie" friend says its fact so you must be wrong ...... :p

He has a very familiar style to his posts tho .... I wonder ........
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Put it this way - its difficult to argue that the 5C has been a massive failure relative to the S5.

Put it this way - it speaks volumes that there have been endless posts on here about what a failure the 5C was, but not so much on the S5.

Again, not that any of this is a pissing contest, but given that both phones have done pretty well, don't you think its interesting that one has attracted so much negativity about what a failure its been, and the other hasn't?

Or do you think its an accurate reflection on how well, or otherwise, the two phones have done?

I think both phones haven't done as well as their manufacturers would have hoped. I don't actually understand why people get so bothered and defensive about it. It's not like apple or Samsung actually care what people think!!

Both phones as far as I'm concerned were just money spinners. The 5c was pretty pointless as was the S5. None brought anything new to the table.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Stuart_h wrote: »
    Sorry Stiggles but our new "oh-so-techie" friend says its fact so you must be wrong ...... :p

Ah yeah, sorry about that!!
    He has a very familiar style to his posts tho .... I wonder ........

He does indeed. Scarily similar!!
  • Options
    calico_piecalico_pie Posts: 10,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think both phones haven't done as well as their manufacturers would have hoped. I don't actually understand why people get so bothered and defensive about it. It's not like apple or Samsung actually care what people think!!

Both phones as far as I'm concerned were just money spinners. The 5c was pretty pointless as was the S5. None brought anything new to the table.

I'm not bothered or defensive about it.

I've said before that I think some people just have a bee in their bonnet about Apple, and aren't happy unless they are finding fault and criticising Apple.

The sort of thing you shout me down over. But this is a perfect example - the number of column inches and posts on here about the apparent failure of the 5C, but barely a peep about the S5.

I just think its bizarre that some people don't seem happy unless they are wanging on about Apple being doomed. Because Apple are doomed, right?

I'm really not as defensive as I might come across. I just think its bizarre that some people keep going on about Apple being doomed, when clearly this doesn't seem to be the case at all.
  • Options
    alanwarwicalanwarwic Posts: 28,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The 5c is selling well, at least via contract.
    I almost imagine anyone paying £20+ a month will get one free with a contract extension.

2ND hand prices are well plummeting though. The 5c is now as low as £250 for a grade A at Smartfonestore. I guess many would rather spend that amount on something different.
  • Options
    Forum Member

I've said before that I think some people just have a bee in their bonnet about Apple, and aren't happy unless they are finding fault and criticising Apple.

The sort of thing you shout me down over. But this is a perfect example - the number of column inches and posts on here about the apparent failure of the 5C, but barely a peep about the S5.

I just think its bizarre that some people don't seem happy unless they are wanging on about Apple being doomed. Because Apple are doomed, right?

I'm really not as defensive as I might come across. I just think its bizarre that some people keep going on about Apple being doomed, when clearly this doesn't seem to be the case at all.

Apple are not doomed but I don't think they are making enough ground breaking products which the original iPhone was .
  • Options
    Stuart_hStuart_h Posts: 5,311
    Forum Member

First things first. Apple aren't doomed. With their cash in the bank they'd have to have some crazy mismanagement to be doomed !

Their days as the managers of the primary operating system have well gone. Their days of iTunes dominance are possibly disappearing (anyone got any stats ?). I'm sure they will continue to be one of the main handset providers for quite some time. Problem is that each generation wants cool stuff. And by its very nature anything that's too popular pretty soon loses its cool. I think that's what Samsung are now seeing. They were pretty keen to build up their own walled garden with tizen etc but in doing so, and by the constant release of new products, they may have already started to lose any cool they had. HTC seem to be picking up again. They are doing what Apple used to do. Making a niche of elegant and functional units. Or maybe LG will be in next, or Sony. Its a fickle business.

That's why I can't see an iwatch working. I like watches. I have a pebble watch. I quite fancy a new android gear watch (moto 360 is looking good). But I sense these have been launched as niche products. Apple historically like to sell in much higher volumes. They have a dedicated fan base who will buy whatever they sell but would anyone really want to be wearing the same watch as 25% of the world ? I certainly wouldn't.

I think we would be much better off with a larger number of players in the field. I dont like apple. I wouldn't buy their products. But without apple there would be little competition for google at the moment. Apple is therefore important to me so please keep on buying their stuff you apple-wierdos :p

But why anyone feels the need to be so loyal to a brand is beyond me. If google mess up android I'm off to try the windows offering :)