Orange Panther, Dolphin and Racoon extras going to weekend only?

carguy143carguy143 Posts: 2,327
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Just logged in to my account to see what tarrifs are on offer because i am thinking of changing mine and noticed above each plan type it said

"Dolphin - unlimited weekend texts"

"Panther - your choice of weekend benefits"

"Racoon - unlimited weekend calls to landlines"

Dolphin has always been unlimited texts, and panther i believe has always had a choice of unlimited benefit, but neither have ever been weekend only before.

If Dolphin unlimited texts goes to weekend only and if i lose my unlimited internet i will be seriously hacked off and will buy myself out of contract. I don't care if i am a premier customer or not, i have been with Orange for 4 years now and always renewed with them.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 241
    Forum Member
    I don't think you'd need to buy yourself out of contract as this would be a change to your terms and conditions which, I'm sure, would mean you would automatically be entitled to end your contract there and then. Can someone correct me if I'm wrong?
  • Aye UpAye Up Posts: 7,053
    Forum Member
    carguy143 wrote: »
    Just logged in to my account to see what tarrifs are on offer because i am thinking of changing mine and noticed above each plan type it said

"Dolphin - unlimited weekend texts"

"Panther - your choice of weekend benefits"

"Racoon - unlimited weekend calls to landlines"

Dolphin has always been unlimited texts, and panther i believe has always had a choice of unlimited benefit, but neither have ever been weekend only before.

If Dolphin unlimited texts goes to weekend only and if i lose my unlimited internet i will be seriously hacked off and will buy myself out of contract. I don't care if i am a premier customer or not, i have been with Orange for 4 years now and always renewed with them.

Any of the benefits you get shall remain until you renew or upgrade. Clearly the information that is given on the Your Account section is wrong, it still reports me being entitled to unlimited weekend texts and I am on a 12 month contract.
  • carguy143carguy143 Posts: 2,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'll wait and see what happens. I never renew with a new plan anyway, i just get the phones. I am still only paying £3 for 45 picture messages, and still have unlimited internet as part of the plan from when i first signed up all those years ago.

I hope they're not removing the unlimited benefits as i like being on Orange due to the benefits i'm given
  • KeyserSozeKeyserSoze Posts: 605
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Seems that Orange have from today re-jigged all of their price plans and tariffs - and all of them seem more expensive than they did yesterday (and they seem to be pushing their 24m contracts far more now!)
  • ohiromeohirome Posts: 2,751
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So does this affect current customers or just new customers?
  • old bill2old bill2 Posts: 689
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Have just spoken to CS. They cant tell me anything about the plans yet as they go live tomorrow. However the details are on the website.:)
    http://shop.orange.co.uk/mobile-phones/plans/planList.jsp?featureType=topsellers&_requestid=9233#bestforemail
  • carguy143carguy143 Posts: 2,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    old bill2 wrote: »
    Have just spoken to CS. They cant tell me anything about the plans yet as they go live tomorrow. However the details are on the website.:)
    http://shop.orange.co.uk/mobile-phones/plans/planList.jsp?featureType=topsellers&_requestid=9233#bestforemail

It appears they are trying a big push towards 24 month contract as i noticed that only the more expensive 18 month contracts were on show, you had to click a small link to see the cheaper 18 month deals.

The new 18 month deals are lower value for money compared to the existing ones in my opinion.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JJ2006 wrote: »
    I don't think you'd need to buy yourself out of contract as this would be a change to your terms and conditions which, I'm sure, would mean you would automatically be entitled to end your contract there and then. Can someone correct me if I'm wrong?

I think you're right, and for this reason I think it's very unlikely the changes will apply to existing customers.
  • Aye UpAye Up Posts: 7,053
    Forum Member
    old bill2 wrote: »

The new price plans launched today in retail, though direct sales maybe different. As for value the tariff propositions have been tweaked somewhat to allow people to choose a plan that benefits them more. I agree in places it is not as good value for money. I reckon it won't be long before they are tweaked again however.