Unpopular Opinions (part 2)

Comments

• Hugh JboobsHugh Jboobs Posts: 15,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Scaler wrote: »
    Is it an unpopular opinion to suggest that quoting Blackadder is not a good way to impress the ladies.

I'd say it's basic common sense and as such no, it's not an unpopular opinion.
  • TheMagic8ballTheMagic8ball Posts: 3,432
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You should be allowed to slag off other members of DS by way of swearing and general name calling.
  • Hugh JboobsHugh Jboobs Posts: 15,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You should be aloud to slag off other members of DS by way of swearing and general name calling.

You ******* would say that you ******* little ******.

;):D
  • HarrisonMarksHarrisonMarks Posts: 4,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You should be aloud to slag off other members of DS by way of swearing and general name calling.

You should be 'aloud' to highlight spelling mistakes.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You should be 'aloud' to highlight spelling mistakes.

I admit it, I made a mistake. :)

And by the way, your post is exactly the reason for my post on slagging off other members ;)
  • noodkleopatranoodkleopatra Posts: 12,742
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    - American television is shite.

- I find Atheism sexy, and have been put off potential partners because of their faith.

- I find snobs from Australia, America, New Zealand and such appalling. Not because I disagree with snobbery, but because I think they're crap snobs because they're colonial countries and have no right to be snobbish (unlike Europe).

- I think the UK is becoming too Americanised.

- I think anyone who thinks abortion is "murder" is a ****ing moron.

- I support the Monarchy because they're one of the few English traditions we've managed to hang on to.

- I love Morrissey's music, but I hate Morrissey's soap box. Similarly, I love U2, but Bono gets right on my tits.

- I hate hearing fat people moan about their weight. They should do something about it.

- I think smokers are bullied, and everyone should be allowed to smoke if they chose. The anti-smoking brigade are the most self-righteous group of idiots. (Obviously, I think you shouldn't smoke around the elderly and kids - but everyone else can put it with it.).

- I also think people who complain about the "health effects" of passive smoking but drive cars are the worst. What do you think would do more damage? Sucking a cigarette, or sucking on the end of an exhaust pipe?
  • cherubmattdcherubmattd Posts: 13,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think everyone has the genetic ability to have sex with someone from either sex, it just depends on the person. Being 'gay' or 'straight' is simply having a preference.

My friends disagree, but this man is incredibly beautiful:
    http://images.eonline.com/eol_images/Entire_Site/20090413/293.cooper.anderson.lc.041309.jpg
  • Pet1986Pet1986 Posts: 7,701
    Forum Member
    Not everyone who has a motobility car deserves one MOST do but not all some without doubt are defrauding the government.

Not everyone who is unemployed wants to be, we dont all wish to be sat home all day with only Jeremy Kyle for company and the cat.

Parents are responsible for their children "but hes a good kid" isn't going to cut it when they're going down for murder, teach them to respect others before its to late. The goverment, the courts the police and the teachers aren't the parent, YOU are step up to the plate.

Youre a vegatarian? good for you, it dosen't however make you superior to me.
  • GraathusGraathus Posts: 3,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Scaler wrote: »
    Is it an unpopular opinion to suggest that quoting Blackadder is not a good way to impress the ladies.

Everyone knows it's Monty Python with the Dead Parrot sketch beting a dead cert.
  • TombstoneTombstone Posts: 2,578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There are far too few 22 year old Latvian women hanging around on park benches.
  • Chelseafan101Chelseafan101 Posts: 2,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    People whose DS posts are more like public service announcements irritate me.

I despise the Wolfe Tones; the only good music they ever did was their Confederate music.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You should be allowed to be attracted to someone without being labelled 'straight' or 'gay'.
    I think smokers are bullied, and everyone should be allowed to smoke if they chose. The anti-smoking brigade are the most self-righteous group of idiots.

I agree with this whole heartedly :cry:

Gay Adoption, not because a gay/lesbian couple couldn't do just as good a job raising a child as a straight couple, but the child is going to have a hard time at school and in general, whether you think homophobia doesn't exist or not, kids are quite cruel at a younger age, I know because I was a little S**t a few years ago.

Classical Music is sh!te.
  • PsychedelicMonkPsychedelicMonk Posts: 512
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The vast majority of people are stupid and just braindead followers. Only a few have a mind of their own.
  • HarrisonMarksHarrisonMarks Posts: 4,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I admit it, I made a mistake. :)

And by the way, your post is exactly the reason for my post on slagging off other members ;)

Go for it,illiteracy boy!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Go for it,illiteracy boy!

I made one mistake :rolleyes: I hardly think that calls for a stupid post like that.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,746
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    unpopular opinion, women should be able to sleep around and not be called a slag!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 76
    Forum Member
    "Comedian" Lee Evans is painful to watch and has had his 15 minutes of fame. Time for him to do the caravan park circuit.
  • OnlyWayIsEpicsOnlyWayIsEpics Posts: 2,544
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Although I find the man sick, depraved, disgusting and a disgrace to humanity; I do think Gary Glitter should have won his case against Channel 4 (Which showed a 'mockumentary' of the re-introduction of the death penalty and his execution).
  • LadyCakeLadyCake Posts: 3,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Men who mock feminists and feminism are usually women hating dullards who are best avoided.
    Trolls or wind up types aren't funny , they should be banned for wasting bandwidth space.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LadyCake wrote: »
    Men who mock feminists and feminism are usually women hating dullards who are best avoided.
    Trolls or wind up types aren't funny , they should be banned for wasting bandwidth space.

I disagree, it's just that many feminists are misandrist, psychotic bimbos who think that the slightest mention of a woman in comparison with a man has negative undertones.
  • Chelseafan101Chelseafan101 Posts: 2,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Chugging should be illegal.
  • kimindexkimindex Posts: 68,250
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LadyCake wrote: »
    Yes, they're probably resentful because they haven't succeeded in finding someone to dust their Star Wars figurines and their idea of courtship is to buy night vision goggles.
  • Dr. LinusDr. Linus Posts: 6,445
    Forum Member
    - I think smokers are bullied, and everyone should be allowed to smoke if they chose. The anti-smoking brigade are the most self-righteous group of idiots. (Obviously, I think you shouldn't smoke around the elderly and kids - but everyone else can put it with it.).

- I also think people who complain about the "health effects" of passive smoking but drive cars are the worst. What do you think would do more damage? Sucking a cigarette, or sucking on the end of an exhaust pipe?

No they can't "just put up with it" just because they're not in those age groups. Anyone who has prolonged exposure to passive smoking will almost certainly shorten their lifespan, often significantly. This is why people simply shouldn't smoke in public places IMO.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10
    Forum Member
    You should be allowed to slag off other members of DS by way of swearing and general name calling.

There is a site populated by many current FMs where this exact thing goes on. I wouldn't advise you join.
  • Terry WigonTerry Wigon Posts: 6,831
    Forum Member
    Certain obsessive threads in the TV section really annoy me. I'm not talking about the Cult section (which I never visit) but posts in the TV programmes forum.

There are certain threads about TV programmes which are heavy with fan fiction/ obsessive detail/ hero worship/psychology of characters posts. So much so that people who want to make a general comment or that they didn't like certain aspects of the show/continuity/ acting etc are put off posting.

I'm just not an obsessive person over TV programmes and so like to comment on what I see, not read through fans' imaginary scripts of what should happen, in-depth analysis of fictional characters' motives etc. That's what (I imagine) goes on in Cult which is why I don't visit it.