Nature's Weirdest Events. BBC2 now

BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,542
Forum Member
I can see I will be scratching like a dog after this. Hate bugs so not sure why I am watching it :confused::D

Comments

• RacheletteRachelette Posts: 650
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BellaRosa wrote: »
    I can see I will be scratching like a dog after this. Hate bugs so not sure why I am watching it :confused::D

Had to turn it off at the Surinam Toad lol. Trypophobia lol
  • owlloverowllover Posts: 7,980
    Forum Member
    Rachelette wrote: »
    Had to turn it off at the Surinam Toad lol. Trypophobia lol

I had to google your phobia and found a youtube video which shows clips of the toad (among other things). I turned the programme off at that point too because I was eating. I'm not phobic about it but the thought of something living under the skin and erupting revolts me.

I loved the polar bears playing with the dogs.
  • Si_CreweSi_Crewe Posts: 40,202
    Forum Member
    Just been watching this on iPlayer. There's 3 episodes on there BTW (two from series 1).

I'm actually finding it quite interesting.
    Creepy-crawlies aside, a lot of it seems to be like "Nature's X-files" and it's explaining a lot of stuff that some people have attributed to "paranormal" phenomena.

Loved the bit about all the birds dying on New Years Eve, for example.
    Perfectly straightforward when you actually work it out.
  • JeffG1JeffG1 Posts: 15,267
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Si_Crewe wrote: »
    Loved the bit about all the birds dying on New Years Eve, for example.
    Perfectly straightforward when you actually work it out.
    You must have been watching a different programme. I thought I must have missed something, so skimmed through it on iPlayer and there is nothing remotely like that.
  • BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,542
    Forum Member
    I only saw the last 10 mins so will Iplay it and will most likely watch the other 2.

I like this sort of programme but don't like the maggots in the skin :eek:
  • Granny McSmithGranny McSmith Posts: 19,622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is this the one with those weird parasites inside the fish's mouth?

It really made me feel ill. I daren't watch it again.
  • Andy BirkenheadAndy Birkenhead Posts: 13,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is this the one with those weird parasites inside the fish's mouth?

It really made me feel ill. I daren't watch it again.

I saw that on QI. UGH !
    (If it's the same one, that is !)
  • owlloverowllover Posts: 7,980
    Forum Member
    It was interesting tonight. Wouldn't ever want to go to Guam - spider island.

There's some good footage in this series but it really must be a phobic's nightmare.
  • Si_CreweSi_Crewe Posts: 40,202
    Forum Member
    JeffG1 wrote: »
    You must have been watching a different programme. I thought I must have missed something, so skimmed through it on iPlayer and there is nothing remotely like that.

It was on the 2nd episode from Series 1. One of the other 2 episodes available on iPlayer.
  • BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,542
    Forum Member
    owllover wrote: »
    It was interesting tonight. Wouldn't ever want to go to Guam - spider island.

There's some good footage in this series but it really must be a phobic's nightmare.

This is one of those shows that I love but hate :D I watched the first one today .. yes a bit behind... and loved the Polar Bears and the dogs :)

Getting my strength up to watch episode 2 :eek:
  • JeffG1JeffG1 Posts: 15,267
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Si_Crewe wrote: »
    It was on the 2nd episode from Series 1. One of the other 2 episodes available on iPlayer.

Ah right. I thought we were discussing the current series (didn't know there had been a previous series).

It's just a glorified clip show, anyway - I have seen the ants forming a raft to cross a river before, and quite recently.

And the graphics! Is it aimed at 10-year-olds?
  • gomezzgomezz Posts: 44,611
    Forum Member
    Chris Packham calls himself a scientist? "These strange sounds are man-made so the aliens are not invading" !!!

What he should have said was "Aliens may be invading but are not responsible for these strange sounds which are man-made"

:kitty:
  • guernseysnailguernseysnail Posts: 18,922
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The paralysed goats...:)
  • Prince MonaluluPrince Monalulu Posts: 35,900
    Forum Member
    The paralysed goats...:)

Oh this again, is this the episode with the 'walking' fish only thing that I remember in this series that made me feel oooky.
  • guernseysnailguernseysnail Posts: 18,922
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh this again, is this the episode with the 'walking' fish only thing that I remember in this series that made me feel oooky.

We've had paralysed goats..electric blue lobsters and now double headed snakes, I don't think we've had walking fish yet, although I may have missed them!