If Claire is a bad mother for going on BB for 3 weeks when she has children ......

13»

Comments

• FanntastikFanntastik Posts: 12,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why have you quoted my post? Did you not see the word "if" at the beginning of my last sentence and the inverted commas?
    No I didn't, my apologies :cool:
  • Dave0893Dave0893 Posts: 13,658
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sun Tzu. wrote: »
    At the end of the day, she decided to go on this show knowing she could be away from her kids for 3 weeks. That is a lot of time for a mother. It is the same for men. If you go on this show, don't complain if you don't get a letter from them.

Did she complain? I noticed everyone else kick off about it but she kept saying it was fine, it was probably the fuss caused about it that made it cry as she seemed to be trying to keep it in to begin with.
  • Dante AmecheDante Ameche Posts: 20,692
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sun Tzu. wrote: »
    Oh so she did get the letter then? I guess we will need to see on the highlights show but if she did, then what is the big deal?
    Trish put her letter at the top of the post box thingy in the diary room. They all had letters from home. Did you not see that clip?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fanntastik wrote: »
    No I didn't, my apologies :cool:
    No worries.
  • MadMoo40MadMoo40 Posts: 1,848
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think the OP is going to have to start another thread saying 'Claire is a bad mother for going on BB for 3 weeks when she has children' just to make this one work.

I suppose we could all pretend we didn't see this one?

No, I'm not. Other people read the threads I read, and saw all the comments slagging her off for leaving her children behind for 3 weeks. Thats what this thread was about - not my fault if you want to pretend not to understand it :yawn::yawn:
  • ItHasPotentialItHasPotential Posts: 7,817
    Forum Member
    ABCZYX wrote: »
    To the people who have said she's a bad mother for leaving her kids for three weeks - does that mean that the female soldiers who spend a year fighting for our country in Afghanistan are bad mothers for leaving their kids?
    thats a tad disgusting comment, reported
  • MadMoo40MadMoo40 Posts: 1,848
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Really? I don't find it offensive and my husband is in the forces and leaves our son behind for 6 months at a time.

I think the poster was just saying that parents leave their children at home whilst they work away, for all sorts of reasons, and it doesn't make them bad parents. That's how I took it anyway.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Am I a bad mother, for realising after 25 years, that if I had kept cats before, I would never have had children:D
  • trevor tigertrevor tiger Posts: 37,996
    Forum Member

Why :confused: I'd love you to explain because I can't see it.
  • trevor tigertrevor tiger Posts: 37,996
    Forum Member
    polish1 wrote: »
    Am I a bad mother, for realising after 25 years, that if I had kept cats before, I would never have had children:D

No but you're a bad person :mad: I don't like cats, sorry :o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MadMoo40 wrote: »
    Really? I don't find it offensive and my husband is in the forces and leaves our son behind for 6 months at a time.

I think the poster was just saying that parents leave their children at home whilst they work away, for all sorts of reasons, and it doesn't make them bad parents. That's how I took it anyway.
    That's the way I saw it too.

We live in a world where people find offence at stuff where no offence was ever intended.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

A tad over reaction
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No but you're a bad person :mad: I don't like cats, sorry :o

My cats would not agree with you,

My kids might:o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,554
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ABCZYX wrote: »
    To the people who have said she's a bad mother for leaving her kids for three weeks - does that mean that the female soldiers who spend a year fighting for our country in Afghanistan are bad mothers for leaving their kids?

I would say so, yes.
  • FanntastikFanntastik Posts: 12,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That's the way I saw it too.

We live in a world where people find offence at stuff where no offence was ever intended.
    That doesn't mean it still wouldn't be offensive.