Tony Blackburn on Piers Morgan

2»

Comments

• BungitinBungitin Posts: 5,356
    Forum Member
    If Piers Moron does his recordings here, and it has been asserted he gave contradictory information at the farce (Levinson) inquiry, why hasn't moron been investigated.
  • BungitinBungitin Posts: 5,356
    Forum Member
    pete137 wrote: »
    Strange strange man.

Why?

Because he didn't like Saville and found him very very odd, perhaps because he stood up for sir cliff richard's songs or maybe because hes happy?

Maybe strange for all the above?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 164
    Forum Member
    Presume you mean Moron and not Tony.
    Why presume that? They're both pretty strange.
  • JEFF62JEFF62 Posts: 5,100
    Forum Member
    Just looked up his book on Amazon. This must be one hell of a read. It is selling for a "poptastic" £217!!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-listing/1844036006/ref=dp_olp_new?ie=UTF8&condition=new
  • BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,544
    Forum Member
    FM Lover wrote: »
    That's because he didnt write it. Poptastic was written by a ghost writer called Mark Paytress who sat down with Tony, took notes and then wrote the book.

I thought he did by what he was saying. No wonder he didn't know what was in it :D
  • China GirlChina Girl Posts: 2,755
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've always liked Tony, good to see many others on here like him too.
    Diddy Hamilton opened our local Tesco in the late 60s, I got his autograph on the front of a green shield stamps catalogue.
  • BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,544
    Forum Member
    JEFF62 wrote: »
    Just looked up his book on Amazon. This must be one hell of a read. It is selling for a "poptastic" £217!!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-listing/1844036006/ref=dp_olp_new?ie=UTF8&condition=new

:o

Ebay has them from £3.00 upwards :D
  • Doghouse RileyDoghouse Riley Posts: 32,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bungitin wrote: »
    Why?

Because he didn't like Saville and found him very very odd, perhaps because he stood up for sir cliff richard's songs or maybe because hes happy?

Maybe strange for all the above?

Did he mention that despite him getting suspended for a while, Cliff sent him a thank-you card and a half bottle of Champagne?
  • louise1966louise1966 Posts: 4,012
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I watched this last night and, unusually for me, enjoyed it immensely. I can remember listening to Tony on a Saturday morning, when he was going through his break up with Tessa. He was devastated at losing Simon, and just having visiting rights. When he was referring to his book, I think it was his sense of humour coming in to play, when he claimed not to know what was in it. An autobiography would be written by the subject; a biography is written by a writer, using information, if it is official, from the subject.
  • johartukjohartuk Posts: 11,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    louise1966 wrote: »
    I watched this last night and, unusually for me, enjoyed it immensely. I can remember listening to Tony on a Saturday morning, when he was going through his break up with Tessa. He was devastated at losing Simon, and just having visiting rights. When he was referring to his book, I think it was his sense of humour coming in to play, when he claimed not to know what was in it. An autobiography would be written by the subject; a biography is written by a writer, using information, if it is official, from the subject.

A lot of autobios are 'ghosted', simply because not everyone who has an interesting story to tell is able to get it down in written form to the standard that's needed. Some people will credit the 'ghost' as their book's 'co-author'.
  • I'm-a-painI'm-a-pain Posts: 1,586
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can take or leave Piers Morgan, so I only watch this show when I particularly like the 'subject', and as I like Tony Blackburn I watched, and enjoyed, Tony is such an affable chap.

The only thing that irked me a little was, on the subject of his marriage breakdown, Piers asked him "why do you think it went wrong?" And Tony hummed and haaahed a bit, and then said, "erm, I don't know, maybe we just weren't that suited, weren't meant to be together" (or words to that effect) and then he said "I DID have an affair . . " oh right, Tony, d'you think that MIGHT have had something to do with it??? (Where is the rolling eyes smiley?? :D)

xx
  • soulboy77soulboy77 Posts: 24,469
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    louise1966 wrote: »
    .. When he was referring to his book, I think it was his sense of humour coming in to play, when he claimed not to know what was in it. An autobiography would be written by the subject; a biography is written by a writer, using information, if it is official, from the subject.
    Apart from probably having a ghost writer involved I got the impression that Tony had genuinely forgotten what he had or hadn't revealed in his auto-biography.

Tessa gets a lot of respect from me because at the time it looked liked she had just decided to bale out of the marraige. Knowing that Tony had an affair puts a different light on things.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,042
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't get beyond smashie and nicie anymore when thinking of Tony Blackburn, especially as they did the spoof on air breakdown. with the exception of john peel I always thought that the 'legendary' radio 1 Djs from back in the day were in the right place at the right time and I'm still amazed that it took such a long time for the collective axing back in the day of the ones who were still there doing the same thing.

That said he is a very nice guy and he came across as endearing. I do however hate Piers Morgan style of interviewing. very annoying