Options

CS - Tina is not a whodunit

Robert_WhippyRobert_Whippy Posts: 2,609
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Right for ages I thought corrie were saying Tina's death was going to be a whodunit

Did I hear them wrong or have they changed their minds. Could the fact EE are doing a whodunit have changed their minds

Comments

• Options
    _NiallDEE__NiallDEE_ Posts: 13,584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm really confused about this as well, I swear for ages it was being advertised as a whodunnit but now all the stuff I'm reading suggests we'll see who the murderer is at it happens :confused:
  • Options
    Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 117,896
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Same here. I always thought it was going to be a 'whodunit' as well. Seemingly not. :confused:
  • Options
    Joe_ZelJoe_Zel Posts: 20,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's never been a whodunnit. :D
  • Options
    MrJamesMrJames Posts: 8,127
    Forum Member
    I think it was originally supposed to be a whodunit, but they decided revealing the killer in the actual death episode would be better, in a similar vein to Natasha killing Mark in Emmerdale.

I don't think whodunits suit Corrie in the same way that they suit EastEnders.
  • Options
    EastenderstreetEastenderstreet Posts: 3,284
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    the build up to the episode could be considered "the whodunnit" part of the storyline just like when Natasha killed Mark in Emmerdale (as mentioned above) the lead up to it was similar to that of a whodunnit, listing several suspects who could murder mark, the same is being done for Tina. Plus it may not be a whodunnit for us but it will be for the residents of coronation street :D

We still don't know who does it until the episode airs, so in a way it is currently a "whodunnit" :)
  • Options
    PorkchopExpressPorkchopExpress Posts: 5,534
    Forum Member
    I reckon it'll be Dennis Tanner.
  • Options
    melloncollie06melloncollie06 Posts: 2,525
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ok, iv read the word "whodunnit" that many times now, i cant get this song out of my head lol

http://youtu.be/8L0Oae6PzCQ

gahh!!!
  • Options
    OldnjadedOldnjaded Posts: 89,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ok, iv read the word "whodunnit" that many times now, i cant get this song out of my head lol

gahh!!!

No, don't 'gahh', it's a brilliant song! :cool: I love the lyrics! :D I'll be singing it all day too now. :D
  • Options
    bornfreebornfree Posts: 16,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It will either be Tony or Dennis.
  • Options
    Shazla09Shazla09 Posts: 29,337
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is whodun(n)it one n or two?
  • Options
    melloncollie06melloncollie06 Posts: 2,525
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oldnjaded wrote: »
    No, don't 'gahh', it's a brilliant song! :cool: I love the lyrics! :D I'll be singing it all day too now. :D

im gahhing for precisely that reason- itll be stuck in my head constantly and it wont be the first time its been stuck there!!

haha!! my daughter saw it on totp once and thought the lyrics were hilarious!! were always singing it!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    maybe it's because Eastenders and Hollyoaks both have done a whodunit storyline.
  • Options
    PacinoFanPacinoFan Posts: 3,902
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

gahh!!![/QUOTE

LOL. Fabulous!!!
  • Options
    sconescone Posts: 14,850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It might be Tracy, it's something to do with that loan shop anyway and I can't see Rob doing it, it's either Tony or Tracy. I used to think it would be Simon
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ME1234567 wrote: »
    maybe it's because Eastenders and Hollyoaks both have done a whodunit storyline.

Apparently Blackburn was planning this story not long after Tina announced her decision to leave.
    It's good that it's not a whodunit to an extent, because we've got eastenders to bore us with that
  • Options
    sconescone Posts: 14,850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Are all these stories going to happen, are those four people going to argue with her on the balcony or are these just pictures? All we have to do now is wait and see who goes on the balcony with her on the 27th and then we will know who kills her

Here is the link
  • Options
    kitkat1971kitkat1971 Posts: 39,257
    Forum Member
    Right for ages I thought corrie were saying Tina's death was going to be a whodunit

Did I hear them wrong or have they changed their minds. Could the fact EE are doing a whodunit have changed their minds

They said several months ag that the viewers would know who had killed her as soon as it happened but it could still take a while for other characters to find out. To a certain extent the 'whodunnnit' element has happened before the murder as we've had months knowing it was going to happen and speculating as to who and why.
  • Options
    kitkat1971kitkat1971 Posts: 39,257
    Forum Member
    the build up to the episode could be considered "the whodunnit" part of the storyline just like when Natasha killed Mark in Emmerdale (as mentioned above) the lead up to it was similar to that of a whodunnit, listing several suspects who could murder mark, the same is being done for Tina. Plus it may not be a whodunnit for us but it will be for the residents of coronation street :D

We still don't know who does it until the episode airs, so in a way it is currently a "whodunnit" :)

Exactly what I was trying to say but expressed much better.
  • Options
    LewnaticcLewnaticc Posts: 3,933
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's not a whodunit it, you'll see who kills her in the actual episode. I can't stand whodunits, myself. Writers just wrack up a list of ridiculous reasons for 20+ characters to have killed them. Hollyoaks' 'Who Killed Fraser Black' is ridiculous.
  • Options
    callumfreemancallumfreeman Posts: 12,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well, we have already spent months wondering who will kill Tina, do we really want to wait an extended few weeks or months just to discover who murdered her?
  • Options
    barlowconnorbarlowconnor Posts: 38,120
    Forum Member
    We find out who kills her when it happens then watch the killer try and cover things up. I prefer just knowing than having to wait months for a reveal.
  • Options
    OldnjadedOldnjaded Posts: 89,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    im gahhing for precisely that reason- itll be stuck in my head constantly and it wont be the first time its been stuck there!!

haha!! my daughter saw it on totp once and thought the lyrics were hilarious!! were always singing it!!

:D:D:D

It always bugged me that in the line, 'Whodunit, who stole my baby, Whodunit, everyone in the room looks shady', they didn't use the word 'lady' which would have rhymed perfectly. :(

(Sorry, I've strayed off topic again). :blush: I reckon it was deffo Tony. :o
  • Options
    PyramidbreadPyramidbread Posts: 10,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Glad that it's not a whodunnit, they usually skip the actual murder scenes, which is the best part of murder storylines in soaps.
  • Options
    dd68dd68 Posts: 17,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Whatever you call it, it's been dragged out long enough
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd call it a 'Gladudunit' personally.