Coronation Street - Peter and Tracy affair storyline?

Comments

• Joy DeanJoy Dean Posts: 21,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do you think this could work? Although Peter isn't blood related to Tracy, she is still his adoptive sister, so would it be awkward if these two chose to have an affair after falling in love? I think this could cause some problems in the Barlow household but would be interesting. Tracy secretly misses Peter when he is inside as she has always looked up to him, and when Rob is arrested she opens up about her feelings to Peter. He reveals he now feels the same and they have sex.

They enter into a relationship, and they become a double act. Peter becomes protective of Tracy especially after Rob, but she looks out for him as well when the residents still look down on Peter for the affair with Tina and being locked up.

These actors work well together.

An interesting thought. Although Ken adopted Tracy while he was married to Deirdre, after his and Deirdre's divorce (following Ken's affair with Wendy something?), would Ken still have been Tracy's adoptive father?

And Peter and Tracy weren't brought up together, he having been brought up, with his sister Susan, mainly by their maternal grandparents.
  • QueenAmyQueenAmy Posts: 3,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would switch Corrie off again if this EVER happened
  • TrebleKingTrebleKing Posts: 2,390
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do you think this could work? Although Peter isn't blood related to Tracy, she is still his adoptive sister, so would it be awkward if these two chose to have an affair after falling in love? I think this could cause some problems in the Barlow household but would be interesting. Tracy secretly misses Peter when he is inside as she has always looked up to him, and when Rob is arrested she opens up about her feelings to Peter. He reveals he now feels the same and they have sex.

They enter into a relationship, and they become a double act. Peter becomes protective of Tracy especially after Rob, but she looks out for him as well when the residents still look down on Peter for the affair with Tina and being locked up.

These actors work well together.

What the f#ck? Are you serious?
    :o
  • honeythewitchhoneythewitch Posts: 37,237
    Forum Member
    k9fan wrote: »
    An interesting thought. Although Ken adopted Tracy while he was married to Deirdre, after his and Deirdre's divorce (following Ken's affair with Wendy something?), would Ken still have been Tracy's adoptive father?

And Peter and Tracy weren't brought up together, he having been brought up, with his sister Susan, mainly by their maternal grandparents.

Yes. Adoptive children are no different to biological children in law. Although Peter was much older than Tracey he was always her big brother,
    Forum Member
    QueenAmy wrote: »
    I would switch Corrie off again if this EVER happened

Me too.

Unless they gave Peter extra -floppy hair. ;-)
  • kitkat1971kitkat1971 Posts: 39,249
    Forum Member
    Not with people who are brought up together, certainly.

That was so revolting I stopped watching for a bit. *shudder*

Is it really legal? :o

Step relatives (mother, father, sister, brother, uncle etc) are legal but somewhat inappropriate and icky. Adoptive relatives are different.
    Forum Member
    A real life example of a step parent and child would be Woody Allen with Mia Farrow and Andre Previn's adopted daughter. Legal yes. Inappropriate and rather immoral also yes in my opinion.

ETA - Allen and Farrow weren't actually married of course but he was still her life partner from when Soon Yi was a little girl so helped raise her.
  • lotty27lotty27 Posts: 17,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    :o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o

Ugh! Yuck! What the hell?

No, no, no, no and DAMN no! *stamps foot for emphasis*

Peter has much better taste than that :p:D

Seriously though, yuck!
  • Sunny BSunny B Posts: 7,359
    Forum Member
    Me too.

Unless they gave Peter extra -floppy hair. ;-)

Or an extra floppy willy ;)
    Forum Member
    kitkat1971 wrote: »
    A real life example of a step parent and child would be Woody Allen with Mia Farrow and Andre Previn's adopted daughter. Legal yes. Inappropriate and rather immoral also yes in my opinion.

ETA - Allen and Farrow weren't actually married of course but he was still her life partner from when Soon Yi was a little girl so helped raise her.

Woody Allen claims that he was only in a parental role to the three youngest children and hardly saw the rest, and he didn't ever live with them, but even so..... Your child's sister? YUK. NO.
    Forum Member
    Sunny B wrote: »
    Or an extra floppy willy ;)

:o:o:D
    Forum Member
    Woody Allen claims that he was only in a parental role to the three youngest children and hardly saw the rest, and he didn't ever live with them, but even so..... Your child's sister? YUK. NO.

I know he claims that but I find it hard to believe he had no contact with her all the time she was growing up. And as you say, being your biological cilds sister would be enough to put you off surely.

I'm fairly sure he lived next door didn't he or at least very close. They did have different homes but they were still very much a couple.
  • Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,752
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    kitkat1971 wrote: »
    I know he claims that but I find it hard to believe he had no contact with her all the time she was growing up. And as you say, being your biological cilds sister would be enough to put you off surely.

They're still married to be fair. She was the adopted child of Andre previn anyway. Mia is still bitter.
  • GracieLGracieL Posts: 4,311
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Surely if Peter and Tracy did get together, it would be no worse than Jamie and Frankie. But if they did get together it would be horrible and would probably rip the Barlow family apart and ruin the good relationship Peter and Tracy do have.

I loved the Jamie and Frankie relationship, they had loads of chemistry and were so sweet together.
  • Absolute RotterAbsolute Rotter Posts: 787
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A sick idea
    Forum Member
    GracieL wrote: »
    Surely if Peter and Tracy did get together, it would be no worse than Jamie and Frankie. But if they did get together it would be horrible and would probably rip the Barlow family apart and ruin the good relationship Peter and Tracy do have.

I loved the Jamie and Frankie relationship, they had loads of chemistry and were so sweet together.

* throws up* But she was his mother.
  • thejoyof_patthejoyof_pat Posts: 30,699
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    right, wait a mo. Someone explain to me the family set. I thought Tracy & Peter were brother and sister? Who is whose mum and dad.
    Forum Member
    right, wait a mo. Someone explain to me the family set. I thought Tracy & Peter were brother and sister? Who is whose mum and dad.

They have the same father, Ken. :)
  • thejoyof_patthejoyof_pat Posts: 30,699
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They have the same father, Ken. :)

Right so who is Peter's mother? I'm assuming Tracyluv is Deirdreluv wain.
  • Sunny BSunny B Posts: 7,359
    Forum Member

Tracy is Deirdre and Ray Langton's daughter.
    Peter is Ken and Valerie? Baldwin's son.
  • dd68dd68 Posts: 17,837
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Whether blood related or not they refer each other as brother and sister, so it would be sick
    Forum Member
    They're still married to be fair. She was the adopted child of Andre previn anyway. Mia is still bitter.

Yes it does seem to have stood the test of time - I give them that. She was Mia and Previn's adppted child wasn't she and lived with Farrow. I know Allen wasn't her adoptive father, that's what I was trying to highlight re the legal differences - previn couldn't have married her and he is no closer genetics wise than Allen - but the ick factor.
    Forum Member
    Sunny B wrote: »
    Tracy is Deirdre and Ray Langton's daughter.
    Peter is Ken and Valerie? Baldwin's son.

Quite. There is no blood relation but Ray Langton walked out when Tracy was a baby and they had no contact until she was in her late twenties when he returned because he was dying. , Deardre married Ken when Tracy was 4 or 5 and adopted her so legally is her father and she refers to him and thinks of him as her Dad. She also refers to and thinks of peter as her brother.
    Forum Member

Valerie Tatlock Barlow is Peter's real mother. She died when he was about 4 or 5 by means of faulty hairdryer. He then was sent to live with her parents as Ken couldn't cope as a single father and his next wife (janet) didn't want to take the twins on. And she killed herself soon afterwards anyway. Peter was about 16 when Ken married deardre and about to join the Navy so a bit late to move back.
    Forum Member

Yes, Tracy is Deardre's by her first husband Ray Langton. But Ken adopted her when she was about 6.