Options

Supergirl

2»

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 16
    Forum Member
    Nobody's even mentioned Alicia Silverstone as Batgirl in that bat-crap Batman movie. And if you add Catwoman to the equation, surely these are bad precedents?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,363
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    wilmoth wrote:
    Nobody's even mentioned Alicia Silverstone as Batgirl in that bat-crap Batman movie. And if you add Catwoman to the equation, surely these are bad precedents?

Exactly. I just don't think girlie super-heros work, certainly not as well as the original male incarnations.

Maybe this is just because I prefer to see a man in spandex than a woman though :o
  • Options
    superman775superman775 Posts: 1,954
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    the movie catwoman is a ok movie you get to see more flesh.
  • Options
    MacattacKMacattacK Posts: 7,652
    Forum Member
    For those people who don't know who this Mischa Barton is you can have a look here

She looks a bit pretty/bland. It needs to be an unknown natural beauty.
  • Options
    performingmonkperformingmonk Posts: 20,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The person who would be perfect for Supergirl is Elisha Cuthbert (Kim Bauer in 24). Well, she would have been perfect at the age she was in the first couple of seasons of 24. She's so gorgeous it's not funny. Also, she has great acting ability, i.e. she's not just another blonde 'actress', she really has talent.
  • Options
    nirvanarhodesnirvanarhodes Posts: 846
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The person who would be perfect for Supergirl is Elisha Cuthbert (Kim Bauer in 24). Well, she would have been perfect at the age she was in the first couple of seasons of 24. She's so gorgeous it's not funny. Also, she has great acting ability, i.e. she's not just another blonde 'actress', she really has talent.

thats who i think will be best for the new one as well. just think the lovely elisha in tight fitting clothes on a big screen mmmmmmmmmmmmm :D
  • Options
    the_charmed_onethe_charmed_one Posts: 1,212
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I bought a copy of the limited edition DVD and cant believe how mch juicy stuff was cut out such as the whole scene between Linda Lee & Myra stealing her books.

I also cant believe it was a cardboard cut out of Helen Slater that came out the water lol that looked so real.
  • Options
    superman775superman775 Posts: 1,954
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i dont know why they are holding back to realse this movie on orginal dvd. (in the uk)

they get movies from 60's and 70's offcourse this wonderful supergirl movie would sell out.
  • Options
    CorabalCorabal Posts: 3,373
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Apparently there's more talk of a revival recently, with hints she may have been involved with a Man of Steel subplot.
  • Options
    treefr0gtreefr0g Posts: 23,659
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why are there so many cobwebs in this thread? :D
  • Options
    Naa_KwaKaiNaa_KwaKai Posts: 1,883
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Supergirl is a cheesy spin-off character and should not be let anywhere near the DC Universe. She was created to get young girls reading comics and is merely a gimmick.
  • Options
    KarisKaris Posts: 6,380
    Forum Member
    This is some serious necroposting!

WOW... :D
  • Options
    BarbraBarbra Posts: 15,581
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    For me, Faye Dunaway was the star attraction in the original film, love her playing the wicked lady.
  • Options
    JaiJaiJaiJai Posts: 541
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Peter O'Toole terrified me in that film when I was young.
  • Options
    mgvsmithmgvsmith Posts: 16,458
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    wilmoth wrote: »

I thought 'My Super Ex-Girlfriend' with Uma Thurman was quite good. And G-Girl was pretty kick ass.