Does Jade Goody have cancer?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 63
Forum Member
I came across this in the Sun On-line version.

COMMENT ON THIS STORY

HERE'S your opportunity to help Jade Goody as she battles cancer.

You can post your goodwill messages on our site to give her strength to fight the deadly disease.

The mum-of-two shot to fame and fortune on Big Brother.

Since then she's become a multi-millionaire and is rarely out of the public eye.

Post your messages of support below.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2006510063,00.html

Comments

• SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really don't know - apparently she's had several collapses with 'severe stomach pains' recently, but cancer?? Very strange.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2006510140,00.html
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Has she been diagnosed?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 28,673
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope this isnt true for her sake and her kids sake. fingers crossed its a wee tale.

doesnt say she has a cancer just says she is waiting on test results and the family arent commenting
  • Sheba's collarSheba's collar Posts: 1,438
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Has she got a book out? A single? :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :o hahahaha did i laugh oops
  • WoowookidWoowookid Posts: 7,367
    Forum Member
    sheba's collar - to say she's using a cancer scare for publicity is really pretty low. :mad:

I can't find anything on the net apart from the Sun story, but she had a cancer scare back in April. http://www.itv.com/news/1956511.html, so I don't know if the Sun has picked up on this and decided to run it as a 'non-story'.

Not particularly a fan of Jade's, but if this is true I hope she'll be OK - it's a very frightening thing to happen to any woman.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Has she got a book out? A single? :rolleyes:

:eek: :eek:
    lol :D Though you will regret saying that if she DOES have cancer.....

Hope she doesn't.... shes been through a lot :(
  • The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm by no means a fan of Jade and I'm all up for a bit of zeleb bashing but I sincerely hope she's OK and I do not think she would use this as an excuse for publicity. The poor woman must be terrified and I wouldn't wish that on anyone.

It could be a serious illness or it could be stress or similar - let's hope for her sake it's the latter.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,692
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :eek: I hope she doesnt!
  • CHUTNEYCHUTNEY Posts: 16,339
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    antsmusic wrote:
    :eek: :eek:
    lol :D Though you will regret saying that if she DOES have cancer.....

Hope she doesn't.... shes been through a lot :(

Most of it self inflicted. :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i would like to think the poster was at least half kidding. Sometimes you have to take what you read with a pinch of salt. I am sure Jade would be horrified if she thought people thought she had cancer
  • WoowookidWoowookid Posts: 7,367
    Forum Member
    Was her rotten childhood self inflicted?

She stayed at home and looked after her mother when she lost her arm - is that her fault? Her dad was a drug addict - is that her fault too?

For someone who had such an awful start in life she's done pretty well for herself. I know people slag her off for making money out of being thick, but compared to women like Jordan, The Titmuss, and Sophie Anderton, she's a saint.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,255
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am one for celeb bashing as well but I would not wish cancer on anyone and at such a young age as well. I've been guilty of some poor taste jokes but i wouldnt joke about this.

Quicte shocking if its true.....bless her. She hasnt had much luck has she?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    it hasnt actually been confirmed that she has. The sun appears to be the only paper running this story
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mags31 wrote:
    it hasnt actually been confirmed that she has. The sun appears to be the only paper running this story

yeh ive just read the article. Seems shes had ongoing problems with a stomach complaint. Oh well lets hope it is nothing life threatening
  • The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jade is a deeply flawed woman who has had many problems - yes, some self inflicted and some of her behaviour on Big Brother was abhorrent.... She's still a human being though and I seriously would not wish pain like this on anyone - her and her family must be terrified. Nobody deserves suffering like this.

Some things are beyond humour - cancer is one of them (why are The Sun running the story if it hasn't been confirmed - I mean I know they're not renowned for their journalistic accuracy but even so).......
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    boredtoday wrote:
    yeh ive just read the article. Seems shes had ongoing problems with a stomach complaint. Oh well lets hope it is nothing life threatening

Yeah I really hope that it isnt life threatening either and it will be interesting if a statement will be released to confirm or deny the story. Fingers crossed that she is ok.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 63
    Forum Member
    Doesn't anyone else see the the page where they are asking for goodwill messages as "she battles cancer".

Why are they doing this, if she is only in the hospital for test?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    foofighter wrote:
    Doesn't anyone else see the the page where they are asking for goodwill messages as "she battles cancer".

Why are they doing this, if she is only in the hospital for test?

yeah i did see that but in the other link it says she is awaiting test results. I dont know why the sun has done this to be honest without being actually told that she has cancer. Im sure it will be most upsetting for her family
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If the sun bare making it up.. its not something you joke about :|
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 63
    Forum Member
    Mags31 wrote:
    yeah i did see that but in the other link it says she is awaiting test results. I dont know why the sun has done this to be honest without being actually told that she has cancer. Im sure it will be most upsetting for her family

Well, thank goodness, I thought I was the only person seeing it!!

Maybe they know something we don't and have inadvertently uploaded the page. Whatever the case, although I don't much care for BB 'celebrities' I wish her the very best in regaining good health.

ps I can't believe I started a post about Jade Goody...but I was soooo perplexed and needed other people's input.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Woowookid wrote:
    Was her rotten childhood self inflicted?

She stayed at home and looked after her mother when she lost her arm - is that her fault? Her dad was a drug addict - is that her fault too?

For someone who had such an awful start in life she's done pretty well for herself. I know people slag her off for making money out of being thick, but compared to women like Jordan, The Titmuss, and Sophie Anderton, she's a saint.

Completely agree.

And if this story is true, shame on the people who are finding some humour in all of this. Cancer is terrible disease, i hope that's not true, she seems like a really nice person.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    antsmusic wrote:
    If the sun bare making it up.. its not something you joke about :|
    thats what I thought - bit hasty of The Sun to be speculating that its cancer. But then I suppose it wouldnt be much of a story for them otherwise would it?
  • CHUTNEYCHUTNEY Posts: 16,339
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not2Good wrote:
    Completely agree.

And if this story is true, shame on the people who are finding some humour in all of this. Cancer is terrible disease, i hope that's not true, she seems like a really nice person.

I'm not finding any 'humour' in this but her previous behaviour leads me to treat it all with caution, we've seen too many incidents when a story has been made out of nothing just to generate a newspaper or magazine article.

I lost a brother and sister to cancer so I'm the last person to make light of such a situation and wish Jade a clean bill of health if it is as serious as stated.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    foofighter wrote:
    Well, thank goodness, I thought I was the only person seeing it!!

Maybe they know something we don't and have inadvertently uploaded the page. Whatever the case, although I don't much care for BB 'celebrities' I wish her the very best in regaining good health.

ps I can't believe I started a post about Jade Goody...but I was soooo perplexed and needed other people's input.

They will end up being sued and quite rightly so as well.
This discussion has been closed.