Jungle Bitches Ripped Me To Pieces

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 865
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Do people actually hear themselves? She had some contraband and was mad enough to think that Rebecca and Lucy wouldn't go around telling tales to everyone and make sure that everyone knew about it. People saying she showed no remorse why would she?! It's the most bizarre thing i have ever heard! Did it cost them meals? No. Would anyone have been any the wiser if the others had just shut up about it? No. Would it have been such a big deal if Lucy and Rebecca hadn't gone on and on about it? No. Amy never made this scandal....if you can even call it that. Lucy and Rebecca would say here and there she had more and instead of going to her or keeping it quiet they told the others, spread the fear mongering that it was going to cost meals, getting there backs up and alerting the producers to it. She has been stitched up good by this non story to cover up the constant bitching.

Ironicly it was when Amy was i suppose nice and tried to share (Chewing gum, concealer) that she was caught she should have been as "selfish" as some on here would like you to believe!
  • Betty BritainBetty Britain Posts: 13,721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    krazer wrote: »
    Do people actually hear themselves? She had some contraband and was mad enough to think that Rebecca and Lucy wouldn't go around telling tales to everyone and make sure that everyone knew about it. People saying she showed no remorse why would she?! It's the most bizarre thing i have ever heard! Did it cost them meals? No. Would anyone have been any the wiser if the others had just shut up about it? No. Would it have been such a big deal if Lucy and Rebecca hadn't gone on and on about it? No. Amy never made this scandal....if you can even call it that. Lucy and Rebecca would say here and there she had more and instead of going to her or keeping it quiet they told the others, spread the fear mongering that it was going to cost meals, getting there backs up and alerting the producers to it. She has been stitched up good by this non story to cover up the constant bitching.

Ironicly it was when Amy was i suppose nice and tried to share (Chewing gum, concealer) that she was caught she should have been as "selfish" as some on here would like you to believe!

Amy didn't share anything except the gum ...with Joey and that was away from the others
    Lucy didn't know about the concealer ...so how could she of been telling everyone?
    They had said all contraband had to be handed in...Amy chose to ignore it ..li wish the producers had punished them for her deceptive behaviour ... But for some reason they chose not to...
    You can twist this anyway but lose ...Amy is the person who broke the rules,Amy is the one who thought of herself and for what ...VANITY ....
  • RhumbatuggerRhumbatugger Posts: 85,713
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What's so difficult Krazer?

She had some contraband, and they were ALL told to give it up. She didn't, so she risked the camps food. They didn't know that no action would be taken.

Knowing that Amy was risking food, in a place that was being FILMED 24/7, it was only responsible of Rebecca to try and make sure she gave it up. She went to Lucy because she couldn't deal with it on her own, and I don't blame her, seeing as how she treated Alfonso later.

And there wasn't 'constant' bitching. All there was what we saw, and one of those incidents was obviously 'faked', so it's not much now is it? And pretty understandable.

We only have Amy's word she offered to share ANYTHING, all the others have denied it, and she got very angry that Annabel even tried to borrow the tweezers.

Plus, Amy is a liar, so I'll believe them over her.
  • lightdragonlightdragon Posts: 19,059
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Phooey. From what we saw it was the gum incident that led to the first amnesty. Nobody else thought "well they don't know about my item, so sod the group I'm keeping it".

More importantly nobody used her being the one caught as a stick to beat her with. they took it on the chin, those that had items, contritely handed them over, they knew they were in the wrong.

Yes there were other issues, but in the contraband issue after the first amnesty, Amy was in the wrong. After the second amnesty she was still in the wrong and at the third she was taking the pee. :p
  • sheila bligesheila blige Posts: 8,012
    Forum Member
    Would anyone have been any the wiser if the others had just shut up about it?
    Well no-one would have been any the wise if the producers of the show hadn't announced 'someone has brought contraband into the jungle'. If the producers weren't going to do anything about it - why did they bother even mentioning it? The producers wanted to 'stir' when there was nothing in the pot to stir.
  • AOTBAOTB Posts: 9,708
    Forum Member
    brazer wrote: »

I think you make some outstanding points, (and in some earlier posts I saw too). I largely agree with your stance. The level of outrage and extent to which many will denigrate Amy is completely disproportionate to her 'crimes'.

I should warn you, your post(s) will not go down well. Amy is akin to the anti-christ to some on here. I've even seen people call her 'evil', worthless and only good enough for lads mags or as a prostitute (yes people really said all those things on here). I see posters call others out for using 'hag' when referring to Lucy but I cannot recall a single one of these same people who objected at all when the above kind of things were said.

Wear your reinforced tin hat with pride. You'll have some incoming fire literally for no other reason than having a bit of perspective re a contestant on a reality TV show. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Seeing it from the actual campmates perspective is always important I think.
  • Sun Tzu.Sun Tzu. Posts: 19,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Everyone else give in the contraband they had. Amy didn't and yes it does matter when discussing the overall series. It shows what sort of character she has that she was willing to risk food just to look good.
  • AntoniaAAntoniaA Posts: 6,640
    Forum Member
    People forget how young Amy is, she's still learning. Some of the campmates really liked her, no-one is perfect. I remember when Helen Flanagan was in there and couldn't face even attempting the challenges - when she came back to the camp, people were motherly towards her. I think she will be stronger after the experience and have learned a lot. At 21, there is plenty of time to learn and change. Haven't we all made mistakes? We learn from them. Older people should be encouraging and caring towards the young. Alfonso said she was being ganged up on (sorry that is not grammatical), and I see him as a pretty straightforward guy. One thing that will have strengthened Amy's character is the fact that she stuck it out. I don't believe she lied, there were misunderstandings. Chinese whispers.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What's so difficult Krazer?

She had some contraband, and they were ALL told to give it up. She didn't, so she risked the camps food. They didn't know that no action would be taken.

Knowing that Amy was risking food, in a place that was being FILMED 24/7, it was only responsible of Rebecca to try and make sure she gave it up. She went to Lucy because she couldn't deal with it on her own,
    Really? Rebecca tried to make her hand it in? Cause i saw her tell Lucy who then bitched about it to the rest of the camp effectively making sure the producers knew till Alfonso stepped in and said that they had effectively told on her and it was starting to cause a problem and Amy said she was shocked that they told and handed it in. If Rebecca was too "Scared" (Which i doubt very much...) to tell her to hand it in the where was straight talking Lucy or "Say it how it is" Mo? Oh that's right in a huddle calling her names behind her back.
    and I don't blame her, seeing as how she treated Alfonso later.
    Ah Alfonso...The guy who said he noticed that "they" were picking on her along with the other guys and laughed about how "they" were all shocked and didn't see Amy becoming camp savior and how "they" were moaning and bitching about the concealer. Now i know some people like to bury their heads in the sands but it was obvious who "they" were. Amy used a poor choice of words with "Hate campaign" when she had to be the adult one and try to clear the air with Lucy but we all knew it was her and Mo behind the bitching. Lucy then jumped to conclusions about Al and the only thing she should have put right was that it wasn't a hate campaign but she had been nothing but a bitch to her for no reason.
    And there wasn't 'constant' bitching. All there was what we saw, and one of those incidents was obviously 'faked', so it's not much now is it? And pretty understandable.

So you would have been fine with being demeaned in front of people you had to share a camp with when you were younger by women old enough to know better? You would have been happy to have been called a nobody as an old woman stood in the middle of camp and pointed it out to everyone? To be called a back stabbing c*nt when you were away trying to win immunity for other people. A piece of meat cause someone didn't like what you did and to be looked down on because of it. Point out over and over that you were a poor role model. To have someone sneer, question and demand you answer as you told a story? Or of course the one where she set up the whole situation so an old woman could further demean her in from of millions of viewers and her camp mates, as you do. I mean she talked different as well as dry different, how dare she!! ;-)
    We only have Amy's word she offered to share ANYTHING, all the others have denied it, and she got very angry that Annabel even tried to borrow the tweezers.
    Well there is the footage of her sharing chewing gum but aside that...... It would imply then that you are saying she showed Rebecca who in turn went and told on her that she had concealer was just her bigging herself up? It wouldn't really surprise me cause people like to think up elaborate tales as opposed to the obvious ones like she showed her it to say if she wanted some it was there
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've had this discussion before Krazer, and just can't be bothered to be honest.

You're not going to change your mind, so lets just agree that we see the whole thing very differently.

Someone else might answer you though.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    AntoniaA wrote: »
    People forget how young Amy is, she's still learning. Some of the campmates really liked her, no-one is perfect. I remember when Helen Flanagan was in there and couldn't face even attempting the challenges - when she came back to the camp, people were motherly towards her. I think she will be stronger after the experience and have learned a lot. At 21, there is plenty of time to learn and change. Haven't we all made mistakes? We learn from them. Older people should be encouraging and caring towards the young.
    Yes, of course, and I thought Alfonso's talk with her was a gift. He could not have been kinder or more patient, but he just wouldn't let her pretend there was no problem. That was the point where things really went wrong for her imo. If she had left it at, "you're right" and handed in the rest of the stuff, she would have looked all right - not 100%, but it would have been minor stuff. But you must see how she stabbed Alfonso in the back in her eagerness to cause some shit to Lucy. There really is a reason he was clearly angry with her afterwards.
    I don't believe she lied, there were misunderstandings. Chinese whispers.

If she didn't lie, she must have had an extraordinarily poor recollection of the conversation. She lied, imo, in the sense of extrapolating from the conversation what she would have LIKED Alfonso to have said. He had hurt her feelings by explaining that it was making people angry that she did not hand in her contraband even though they had been told they would all be punished for it. She didn't like Lucy, and convinced herself that nasty Lucy must be behind the problem, which was much more reassuring than thinking that everyone was. Maybe she half started to believe that Alfonso had been using some kind of coded message to say just that. In any case, it gave her a nice chance to say something really hurtful to Lucy; she didn't seem to have planned for the contingency that Lucy would go straight to Al to find out, but luckily for her Lucy was surprised into agreeing not to speak to him.
    Really? Rebecca tried to make her hand it in? Cause i saw her tell Lucy who then bitched about it to the rest of the camp effectively making sure the producers knew till Alfonso stepped in and said that they had effectively told on her and it was starting to cause a problem and Amy said she was shocked that they told and handed it in.

You are supposing that the other campmates had psychic powers. They very reasonably assumed that the producers knew that Amy had undeclared stuff. They were furious that she would risk their precious dinners for it. And indeed, they were right; if they didn't know about every single item, of course they knew that she had extra bikinis and some kind of lip colour in her bag. There really is no point in suggesting that Amy was somehow betrayed by people discussing in front of the producers stuff that they clearly already knew.

Amy used a poor choice of words with "Hate campaign" when she had to be the adult one and try to clear the air with Lucy but we all knew it was her and Mo behind the bitching. Lucy then jumped to conclusions about Al and the only thing she should have put right was that it wasn't a hate campaign but she had been nothing but a bitch to her for no reason.
    No, she should have put right that no one had said that it was a hate campaign, or that Lucy was leading anything at all. It is not 'a poor choice of words' to single out someone in that way: it was not a very nice moment of revenge for supposed past slights.
    You would have been happy to have been called a nobody as an old woman stood in the middle of camp and pointed it out to everyone? To be called a back stabbing c*nt when you were away trying to win immunity for other people.
    :confused: She wasn't there for either of those incidents, and what do they have to do with trying to stitch up Lucy?
    A piece of meat cause someone didn't like what you did and to be looked down on because of it.
    That seems to be a poor choice of words. Lucy did not call her a piece of meat. She asked her if, in beauty pageants, she felt like a piece of meat; to which Amy replied, "I enjoy this kind of discussion!"
    Point out over and over that you were a poor role model. To have someone sneer, question and demand you answer as you told a story? Or of course the one where she set up the whole situation so an old woman could further demean her in from of millions of viewers and her camp mates, as you do.
    I genuinely have no idea what you are talking about now.
    Well there is the footage of her sharing chewing gum but aside that......
    She shared it with Joey. I don't think anyone would suggest she shared it will anyone else.
    It would imply then that you are saying she showed Rebecca who in turn went and told on her that she had concealer was just her bigging herself up? It wouldn't really surprise me cause people like to think up elaborate tales as opposed to the obvious ones like she showed her it to say if she wanted some it was there

I give up. I just can't follow what you are trying to say, and all of it sounds like ground that has been covered ad nauseam. Who was bigging herself up and how? Let's leave it.
  • Dub2Dub2 Posts: 2,869
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pretty sure David caused all this hate. He was the one who said Amy was being bullied, and asked Vincent to go and tell her that the `boys` knew what was happening.

But of course David is wonderful, and the blame must lay elsewhere, preferably female.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dub2 wrote: »
    Pretty sure David caused all this hate. He was the one who said Amy was being bullied, and asked Vincent to go and tell her that the `boys` knew what was happening.

But of course David is wonderful, and the blame must lay elsewhere, preferably female.

He didn't say she was being bullied. He said he wasn't very happy that 'they are treating her the same'. He never used anything like that loaded language.

And all was well; Vincent enjoyed cosying up to this dear little faun like creature, and later Alfonso got all fatherly with her. It was only after that that it all went tits up; nothing to do with David at all.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You are supposing that the other campmates had psychic powers. They very reasonably assumed that the producers knew that Amy had undeclared stuff. They were furious that she would risk their precious dinners for it. And indeed, they were right; if they didn't know about every single item, of course they knew that she had extra bikinis and some kind of lip colour in her bag. There really is no point in suggesting that Amy was somehow betrayed by people discussing in front of the producers stuff that they clearly already knew.
    No i'm presuming they would have the decency that if it bothered them that much they would say something to her. Rebecca said almost immediately after they handed in all their stuff that Amy had concealer which they then used to bitch till Al had a word and said hand it in cause the others are moaning to which she did. It's telling how they never just outright said to Amy "We know you have it, i'm not losing meals for it so hand it in" if they had i would have said fair play and the whole thing would have been done in a day but they didn't they used it to bitch and surprise surprise after what 2-3 weeks in the jungle and the biggest non story ever had died down they just happen to notice she has a few extra bikini's! Lets go straight to the BT to name every color so there is no doubt what so ever... I'd also point out that since she still had stuff when she got out the producers were probably only savvy to the stuff once the women had started speculating and almost telling on her once more ;-)

No, she should have put right that no one had said that it was a hate campaign, or that Lucy was leading anything at all. It is not 'a poor choice of words' to single out someone in that way: it was not a very nice moment of revenge for supposed past slights.
    Well it is fair cause we could all see that Lucy had an issue with her. We saw it and the boys and Al saw it. As i said hate campaign was a poor choice of words for her to use cause there wasn't one but they were definitely treating her differently and bitching about her which i'm sure was far from pleasant for Amy. So i suppose if you were being fussy yes she should have apologized for saying she was leading a hate campaign then start again by saying that Al implied that she was being a kn*b about her.
    :confused: She wasn't there for either of those incidents, and what do they have to do with trying to stitch up Lucy?

Well if she wasn't there then i suppose she has no right to be upset at those instances then..... The thread is about when she watched back on some of the things they said about her.
    That seems to be a poor choice of words. Lucy did not call her a piece of meat. She asked her if, in beauty pageants, she felt like a piece of meat; to which Amy replied, "I enjoy this kind of discussion!"
    That's what she thought though regardless of weather Amy liked the discussion or not. Lucy never failed to tell us how she would rather her daughter ended up like Rebecca than Amy basically cause of what she did.

I genuinely have no idea what you are talking about now.
    Above and the instances where Lucy butted in and sneered as Amy said she read emails at night to which she almost demanded from who then told her to go back to bed. The other bit was Mo snatching the dishes away cause she wasn't doing it the way she wanted her to. Like i said i'd would have loved to have seen Amy snatch the dish off Lucy or Mo in front of everyone. Course the detectives among us can tell us she set it all up i suppose? ;-)
    She shared it with Joey. I don't think anyone would suggest she shared it will anyone else.
    I never said otherwise considering from what we said it was taken off her pretty soon afterwards.
    I give up. I just can't follow what you are trying to say, and all of it sounds like ground that has been covered ad nauseam. Who was bigging herself up and how? Let's leave it.
    Do i answer or not your sending such mixed vibes! :D I said she showed Rebecca she had concealer so she must have been offering that if she ever needed it that it was there. I added a tongue in cheek comment pointing out that one of these people who can see through the lies of the witch would be giving it "Oh she just done that to show how amazing she was that she sneaked it in and rubbed Rebecca's face in it the evil cow!" :p
  • KittyKreamKittyKream Posts: 4,329
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Excellent post,summed it up much better than I ever could :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why not address things I said, instead of things I didn't say? I never criticised her accent, or anyone else's accent. We are entitled to JUDGE someone's opinion, by what we have seen of their previous opinions, just as you are doing with Katie Hopkins here. YOu think that Katie Hopkins is a silly snob, so you can assume that she would not like Kerry Katona's accent, even though she has never said a word on the subject. I also think katie Hopkins is a silly snob, and she probably doesn't like Kerry Katona's accent. I also think that Kerry is prone to contributing to rtv discussions with rather pointless, ill-thought-out and often frankly unpleasant contributions. No more of a generalisation than yours.

'why not address things I said. ':o Oh touche!!

I have addressed you on specific matters countless times only to be ignored!

For example last night I asked you if you agreed with the consensus that the men had their 'heads turned' (literal quote) by Amy's looks and thats why they were unable to see her lazy behaviour at the beginning yet the women could and thats why they were isolating her.

As I felt that was a bit insulting to the male species in general to suggest that they would be unable to see such obvious traits as selfishness and laziness just because a girl is pretty I asked if you agreed. No response.

As an aside no one has addressed my other point that ITV would purposefully and wantonly set out to edit one of their most popular soap stars on badly that it would smear and ruin her reputation.:confused:

The idea is frankly absurd. Maybe people should just accept that the woman actually said the things she did just like every other camp mate!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kitty, I haven't seen ANYBODY deny Lucy said what she said, except for ONE remark, which she insists spliced out of context. And that does look dodgy.

But what she said, hardly amounts to much, even though she did bitch, and she sniped a bit.

As for her being a soap star - that's a job she's got and won't want to lose isn't it? That could be seen as why they thought they could 'get away with it'.

And if you have never seen men 'get it wrong' over a pretty girl, and then wise up, I don't know what to say to you.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kitty, I haven't seen ANYBODY deny Lucy said what she said, except for ONE remark, which she insists spliced out of context. And that does look dodgy.

But what she said, hardly amounts to much, even though she did bitch, and she sniped a bit.

As for her being a soap star - that's a job she's got and won't want to lose isn't it? That could be seen as why they thought they could 'get away with it'.

And if you have never seen men 'get it wrong' over a pretty girl, and then wise up, I don't know what to say to you.

Lucy didn't just make one remark she made loads which a poster called AOTB listed in detail,I can't be bothered to do so. Again.

And when you have women bursting into tears because they feel a campmate is so beautiful in comparison to them to suggest that its the men who 'got is wrong' is refusing to look at the huge emotional response Amy's perceived beauty caused amongst the FEMALE camp mates.

It was very obvious to many what happened.

But the series is over and I think we should just agree to disagree.:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

However if you do believe female beauty possesses such power for the owner then it contrasts deeply with your apparent view that no one of the same gender would ever be jealous of such a powerful individual...:confused:

Anyway,we will still leave it there.
    The programme is over lol
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    KittyKream wrote: »
    Lucy didn't just make one remark she made loads which a poster called AOTB listed in detail,I can't be bothered to do so. Again.

And when you have women bursting into tears because they feel a campmate is so beautiful in comparison to them to suggest that its the men who 'got is wrong' is refusing to look at the huge emotional response Amy's perceived beauty caused amongst the FEMALE camp mates.

It was very obvious to many what happened.

AOTB gave a list of stuff some of which was 'looking down her nose at her'. I'm sorry, but that's just ridiculous.

That whole list, looked at carefully shows that hardly anything happened, some bitching, a few terse remarks.

But the series is over and I think we should just agree to disagree.:)

Why is Rebecca crying about Amy? The conversation was civil and seemed to be about 'beauty' and the pressure to be beautiful.

Rebecca has been harrassed because she's not beautiufl, and that's a horrible thing, she was crying about that. Why does it HAVE to be that Rebecca looked at Amy and 'fell over crying with jealousy'? That even SOUNDS ridiculous.

Rebecca might have wished to be prettier, but being 'jealous' of Amy for her beauty is ASSUMPTION.

And I don't know how that 'links in' with the men, except that you seem to be trying to say that Rebecca was jealous because men were nice to Amy because she was pretty.

They were very nice to her too, and she had a lot more interaction with them than Amy did.

It's not obvious at ALL that it was all to do with Amy's beauty. Amy was a pain in the neck. The girls sussed her first.

Some of the men, not Matthew or Steve, seemed to think there might be an element of jealousy, which made them look rather foolish.

They changed their minds though, she's just seriously boring, annoying and selfish, and they figured it.
  • nyannienyannie Posts: 8,536
    Forum Member
    AntoniaA wrote: »
    People forget how young Amy is, she's still learning. Some of the campmates really liked her, no-one is perfect. I remember when Helen Flanagan was in there and couldn't face even attempting the challenges - when she came back to the camp, people were motherly towards her. I think she will be stronger after the experience and have learned a lot. At 21, there is plenty of time to learn and change. Haven't we all made mistakes? We learn from them. Older people should be encouraging and caring towards the young. Alfonso said she was being ganged up on (sorry that is not grammatical), and I see him as a pretty straightforward guy. One thing that will have strengthened Amy's character is the fact that she stuck it out. I don't believe she lied, there were misunderstandings. Chinese whispers.

Amy is 21 - she is not a child. Many people, myself included, had to be independent at 21 and earn a living,run a home and take care of themselves. They learned life experience from living life. We can learn from older people but it appears Amy didn't learn to share or be a team player from the older members in the camp. Sorry to disagree with you.

Amy appears to be indulged, spoilt and selfish. I do think though that the producers should have confiscated the bag she carried around with her all the time. If she had contraband - she and she alone should have been punished as she was obviously NOT a team player.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've also seen boys and men fall for the idea that 'beauty equals goodness', and many men make assumptions about 'women being jealous', in a way they never would about their own sex.

It's stupid, and of course not all men are like it, but it's pretty common.
  • cavallicavalli Posts: 18,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've also seen boys and men fall for the idea that 'beauty equals goodness', and many men make assumptions about 'women being jealous', in a way they never would about their own sex.

It's stupid, but it's common.

Indeed, the Halo Effect is particularly prevalent amongst certain, less experienced, quarters of DS ;-)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cavalli wrote: »
    Indeed, the Halo Effect is particularly prevalent amongst certain, less experienced, quarters of DS ;-)

~Too true.