Rebecca looks GORGEOUS

Comments

• Options
    PitmanPitman Posts: 28,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kaycee wrote: »
    I could never understand the vile remarks made about Rebecca's looks

that weren't actually that vile, just lacking in any comedy value really, and quite illogical as well, why would having a dolphins face make you a better swimmer, surely you'd be better off with a dolphins body? :p
  • Options
    PitmanPitman Posts: 28,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Everyone should be entitled to their own opinion.
    She does nothing for me.

you'd keep that to yourself normally, If I went around all day telling the women who do nothing for me that they do nothing for me, I would be a bit of an arse :p
  • Options
    Fairy WingsFairy Wings Posts: 5,680
    Forum Member
    Pitman wrote: »
    you'd keep that to yourself normally, If I went around all day telling the women who do nothing for me that they do nothing for me, I would be a bit of an arse :p

Or you'd be on it :D
  • Options
    yellowlabbieyellowlabbie Posts: 59,081
    Forum Member
    Rebecca is lovely, that's all.
  • Options
    misslibertinemisslibertine Posts: 14,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Beautiful, inside and out.
  • Options
    VeriVeri Posts: 96,996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She soooooooooooooo does. :) I hope lots of people tell her so.

Where and when?

I've seen her look pretty in some picture, but not gorgeous, let along GORGEOUS.

Are you just trying to wind people up?
  • Options
    LilylilacLilylilac Posts: 1,896
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lucy mane wrote: »
    digitalspy home till lying pensioners. Love it.

There were a couple of these cryptic posts from this person, as far as I can tell they are refering to Lucy as being old.
  • Options
    LazySusanLazySusan Posts: 6,419
    Forum Member
    She is a very attractive young lady.I couldn't understand in the dingo dollar challenge when they had to line up in attractiveness she ended up behind Lucy and amazingly even behind Alfonso :confused::confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Veri wrote: »
    Where and when?

I've seen her look pretty in some picture, but not gorgeous, let along GORGEOUS.

But maybe other people thought she did look GORGEOUS? It's not outside the realms of possibility, stranger things have happened ;-)
  • Options
    KittyKreamKittyKream Posts: 4,329
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Where and when?

To be fair Veri she does look nice with a bit of make up on and her hair down. There's no way she's gorgeous though I agree and I think some people are over compensating a wee bit ;-)

Just a normal looking lass which is fine,she is a swimmer not amodel. :) And certainly didn't deserve any bullying on Twitter.
    What a publicity seeking fool that man is.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lilylilac wrote: »
    There were a couple of these cryptic posts from this person, as far as I can tell they are refering to Lucy as being old.

I don't think they are referring to Lucy.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Where and when?

No. :( I was expressing an opinion about what she looked like on tv last night. Since I couldn't find a picture of it, I used another nice one.
  • Options
    AntoniaAAntoniaA Posts: 6,640
    Forum Member
    She is a lovely girl.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 43
    Forum Member
    Reading this thread and coming to the conclusion that this forum is full of middle aged women. You can't have a light hearted joke without being called this forums favourite word "nasty"

Rebecca isn't gorgeous by any means. But, hey, you can't have an opinion that is conflicting with someone elses without being branded as a nasty bully.

P.S to that poster who said "how cruel can a human be" turn the news on for once, step outside or look at other things on the internet if you think someone suggesting for a woman with an abnormally large nose to get a nose job. It was a perfectly fine comment. If she is upset with it then she could get it sorted, surely?
  • Options
    RhumbatuggerRhumbatugger Posts: 85,713
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Where and when?

'Gorgeous' is a loose and affectionate term for looking both lovely and sort of 'being lovely', dressed well, and looking radiant and splendid.

It's not a word like 'beautiful', (that can still be a matter of taste or sentiment mind).

'Gorgeous' is also felt.

I don't see why you can say that she doesn't look 'gorgeous' to others.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    'Gorgeous' is a loose and affectionate term for looking both lovely and sort of 'being lovely', dressed well, and looking radiant and splendid.

It's not a word like 'beautiful', (that can still be a matter of taste or sentiment mind).

'Gorgeous' is also felt.

Yes, thank you. Do some people have no one in their life they care about? If I tell my niece, sincerely, that she looks gorgeous, she does; it doesn't mean that I expect anyone else within earshot to say, "so she does, damn it; I had never realized before how hideous my daughter is in comparison." I felt in rather a happy, celebratory mood when I posted it, seeing Rebecca so glowing and pretty in her hotel room; I didn't expect people to think it was a good place to say that she should get her 'abnormally large nose' fixed.
  • Options
    quasimoronquasimoron Posts: 20,996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She is an average looking girl who looks well glammed up, like us all really or the majority of us. Thats why women relate to her and her insecurities. Having a big shnoz never did Barbra Streisand any harm, in fact its her distinguishing feature.

I would like to see Rebecca embracing who she is, being the best she can be and happy with that.No surgery needed.If she lost weight in there, keep it off , its healthier and then forget all this comparing with models, thats ridiculous.

She seems a lovely girl with a beaming smile and a loving fiance . She has it all.
  • Options
    imrightokimrightok Posts: 8,492
    Forum Member
    KittyKream wrote: »
    To be fair Veri she does look nice with a bit of make up on and her hair down. There's no way she's gorgeous though I agree and I think some people are over compensating a wee bit ;-)

Just a normal looking lass which is fine,she is a swimmer not amodel. :) And certainly didn't deserve any bullying on Twitter.
    What a publicity seeking fool that man is.

I agree. They are over compensating; and so did IAC when they played one directions "because your beautiful". If I had certain issues about the way I look;the last thing that I would want is for everyone to highlight that particular issue.

If I came out of the jungle and had issues with the way that I looked and they were to play that record, I'd feel embarrassed and patronised.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    imrightok wrote: »
    I agree. They are over compensating; and so did IAC when they played one directions "because your beautiful". If I had certain issues about the way I look;the last thing that I would want is for everyone to highlight that particular issue.

If I came out of the jungle and had issues with the way that I looked and they were to play that record, I'd feel embarrassed and patronised.

oh gosh yes using that song was cringeworthy :(

If I had been Rebecca I would have wanted to crawl away and hide :D

By using that song they were practically saying 'Look,we all know you are insecure about your looks so this will cheer you up,its a major over compensation on our part because your not beautiful but you are too harsh on yourself and not as bad as you think. Now we will draw further attention to your insecurities ..'

It wasn't just patronising,it was insulting her intelligence.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    imrightok wrote: »

It's called 'What Makes You Beautiful'.
  • Options
    imrightokimrightok Posts: 8,492
    Forum Member
    It's called 'What Makes You Beautiful'.

I'm proud to know I got their song wrong.
  • Options
    pete137pete137 Posts: 18,392
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The "caked in enough make up to fill a cement mixer" look does'nt make her attractive to me.
  • Options
    jabegyjabegy Posts: 6,201
    Forum Member
    lucy mane wrote: »
    digitalspy home till lying pensioners. Love it.

:confused::confused::confused: what's that supposed to mean.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jabegy wrote: »
    :confused::confused::confused: what's that supposed to mean.

You are red fox? Grey squirrel instructs you to vanquish the nun.
  • Options
    kimindexkimindex Posts: 68,250
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

'Gorgeous' is also felt.

Agreed. The meanness of that comment is quite revealing.

Perhaps the jealousy argument just reflects people's own character. If you aren't inclined to be jealous in the way the women have been accused of here, you don't assume it, but, if you are so inclined, you tend to impute it to others. (I assume the 'they are just jealous' promoters can't possibly mind random accusations of jealousy being thrown around).