Hunted: Channel4 Dispatches 10pm tonight

Bulletguy1Bulletguy1 Posts: 18,429
Forum Member
✭✭
What looks to be an interesting Dispatches documentary tonight at 2200hr and no doubt generate much debate;
On the eve of the Sochi Winter Olympics, Russia is officially welcoming gay athletes and spectators. But in a country where it's thought only 1% of gay people dare to live completely openly, it appears to be a hollow gesture.

This extraordinary Dispatches documentary has gained unique access to the vigilante gangs that target gay men and women. The film depicts a country troubled by disturbing violence and distressing intimidation.

Six months after the Russian parliament unanimously passed a law to protect children from 'non-traditional' relationships, this film explores the terror that gay people in Russia are calling 'hunting season'.

Comments

• TardisSteveTardisSteve Posts: 8,077
    Forum Member
    i might watch this, it is sad that there is so much hate over in Russia towards people who are gay/lesbian
  • Ed R.MarleyEd R.Marley Posts: 9,146
    Forum Member
    i might watch this, it is sad that there is so much hate over in Russia towards people who are gay/lesbian

They're not too keen on blacks and other minorities either.
  • Anya DAnya D Posts: 14,869
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I saw a trailer for this. I don't know if I'll be able to stand to watch the full show.
    Forum Member
    They're not too keen on blacks and other minorities either.

That is bad, ffs Russia join the 21st century
  • Oliver_UstinovOliver_Ustinov Posts: 913
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That is bad, ffs Russia join the 21st century
    I thought that they already had and was one of the most civilized countries in the (non)western world?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 92
    Forum Member
    I thought that they already had and was one of the most civilized countries in the (non)western world?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1OyIJtjdpo
    watch this and see if you still agree with that
  • Oliver_UstinovOliver_Ustinov Posts: 913
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1OyIJtjdpo
    watch this and see if you still agree with that
    That certainly puts the UK's broken society into perspective! :(
  • cavallicavalli Posts: 18,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's actually hard to comprehend people holding such archaic views these days, it's like travelling back in time...or to Sunderland.
  • Bulletguy1Bulletguy1 Posts: 18,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anya D wrote: »
    I saw a trailer for this. I don't know if I'll be able to stand to watch the full show.
    I think it's essential to watch.

I'm not gay myself but despise any form of hate toward other races or minorities as it's at the very root of Nazi ideology. However i will view with an open mind as i've always believed judging from an armchair can never compare to actually going to the country and meeting people.

I spend a lot of time in East European countries and been surprised at the wide ranging views, and ages, of people holding extreme right wing views. Those with neo-Nazi views can be particularly disturbing as not all are the 'skinhead' bull headed thug type.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 87,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    From the clip on Channel 4 News earlier, this isn't going to be an easy watch.

Am I right in thinking that it's only Russia and some African countries where homophobia is still rife?
  • deivu74deivu74 Posts: 3,001
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Am I right in thinking that it's only Russia and some African countries where homophobia is still rife?

Thanks to the strong religious influence, I think Mexico is pretty horrible for gay people.
    Forum Member
    Oh my god, sick scum
  • anteroantero Posts: 5,547
    Forum Member
    Already angry :(
    Forum Member
    I don't even want to know what they were doing to that poor man
    Forum Member
    Oh Here we go, gays are corrupting the children nonsense
    Forum Member
    Timor and his goons are the wicked ones
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Chasing gays around the country to give them presents? Clearly a bunch of closet cases, these guys. They 'protest' too much.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What the hell motivates this? Do they feel so impotent in the grind of their everyday life that they do this shit to feel important or special in some way?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 87,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Twitter #hunted
    Forum Member
    Terrorists as well
    Forum Member
    Twitter #hunted

Thanks for the hashtag