Options

Spoilers & Information Beginning to Come In (Part 2)

Comments

• Options
    Whovian1109Whovian1109 Posts: 1,812
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shawn_Lunn wrote: »
    Um, what's so bad about Danny's past the Doctor doesn't approve of?

Great spoilers, just caught up with them now.

Apparently he used to be in the military
  • Options
    Shawn_LunnShawn_Lunn Posts: 9,353
    Forum Member
    Apparently he used to be in the military

Hmm, I wonder then if the whole UNIT having Danny as a spy on the Doctor/Clara rumours are true then.
  • Options
    radcliffe95radcliffe95 Posts: 4,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just been on to GB, and everythings been removed.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Episode titles so far ...

Deep Breath
    Into The Dalek
    Robots Of Sherwood
    Listen
    Time Heist
    The Caretaker
  • Options
    MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,546
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
  • Options
    dorkjacksndorkjacksn Posts: 598
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Deep Breath
    Into The Dalek
    Robots Of Sherwood
    Listen
    Time Heist
    The Caretaker

Seems rather a dull title if true. One of the few episodes we seem to know almost nothing about! Can't wait until Season 8 airs! :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    It's not the most alliuring title but it does seem relevant considering the Doctor takes on a caretaker role in that episode though.

Having read some of the scripts that were leaked, episode 4 does in fact sound completely mental. No doubt it will polarise viewers.
  • Options
    Michael_EveMichael_Eve Posts: 14,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dorkjacksn wrote: »
    Seems rather a dull title if true. One of the few episodes we seem to know almost nothing about! Can't wait until Season 8 airs! :(

Sounds like a bit of a riff on The Lodger. Love The Lodger. I think we can have a guess at who it is, especially as Coal Hill School is going to feature. :)

(Eleven called himself that in that fan favourite TDTWATW too)

Am so looking forward to the series, too. The leak is a bit of a fiasco, so should stay away from this thread, really! I just peak and run....might regret it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,152
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's not the most alliuring title but it does seem relevant considering the Doctor takes on a caretaker role in that episode though.

Having read some of the scripts that were leaked, episode 4 does in fact sound completely mental. No doubt it will polarise viewers.

I had a glimpse at the opening of Episode 4, the pre-credits sequence is really fantastic. No idea what follows, but I look forward to finding out.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I skimmed through episodes 3 and 4, will look at 1, 2 and 5 later if I can but ep 4 is definitely going to be a hugely discussion worthy episode.

I do like Danny's story though, pretty interesting stuff and it's relieving to know that he's not going to be Mickey/Rory 2.0. Not that I thought he would be.
  • Options
    claire2281claire2281 Posts: 17,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I skimmed through episodes 3 and 4, will look at 1, 2 and 5 later if I can but ep 4 is definitely going to be a hugely discussion worthy episode.

I do like Danny's story though, pretty interesting stuff and it's relieving to know that he's not going to be Mickey/Rory 2.0. Not that I thought he would be.
    I don't like the idea that he's a love interest for Clara. She doesn't NEED a love interest and that part feels tacked on by necessity. I hope the UNIT spy rumour is true and he does end up 'cyber-ed' in the end WITHOUT being a Rory and coming back. We don't need to recycle the 'boyfriend who dies but doesn't really' thing again.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    claire2281 wrote: »
    I don't like the idea that he's a love interest for Clara. She doesn't NEED a love interest and that part feels tacked on by necessity. I hope the UNIT spy rumour is true and he does end up 'cyber-ed' in the end WITHOUT being a Rory and coming back. We don't need to recycle the 'boyfriend who dies but doesn't really' thing again.
    Given that he has a military background, Danny being a spy for UNIT actually seems pretty likely to be honest. I don't care about him being a love interest though. All the other companions have had a love interest, why not Clara? And it does seem like he'll be interesting enough in his own right that it shouldn't really be much of an issue.
  • Options
    DWA9ISDWA9IS Posts: 10,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Its like 'The Lodger' when he became a lodger then.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    lotrjw wrote: »
    Its like 'The Lodger' when he became a lodger then.

Yeah. That episode involves a school anyways, so the Caretaker role./title comes from that.
  • Options
    adams66adams66 Posts: 3,945
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The leaked scripts story is on the BBC news site now. Moffat must be furious. It's a shame really, as they've kept most of the forthcoming series so well guarded.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-28201577
  • Options
    claire2281claire2281 Posts: 17,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Given that he has a military background, Danny being a spy for UNIT actually seems pretty likely to be honest. I don't care about him being a love interest though. All the other companions have had a love interest, why not Clara? And it does seem like he'll be interesting enough in his own right that it shouldn't really be much of an issue.
    It's just the same old boring notion that the female companion needs a love interest. I was never much of a fan of Amy and Rory as a relationship either and I hope Moffat doesn't feel the need to go down the same route again here.
  • Options
    VopiscusVopiscus Posts: 1,559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Deep Breath
    Into The Dalek
    Robots Of Sherwood
    Listen
    Time Heist
    The Caretaker

Sidcup... I gotta get to Sidcup... You know what that Meddling Monk said to me?
  • Options
    CorwinCorwin Posts: 16,609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Glanced at the first page or so of Eps 1 and 5 (I'd already seen Ep1's opening scene posted online) but I'm not going to look at any more.

One thing I saw was that
    the Woman in the shop who gave Clara the TARDIS phone number is going to be an ongoing mystery.
  • Options
    AirboraeAirborae Posts: 2,649
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I missed all the fuss about spoilers being leaked online. And all I can say is this.

Thank God! I could have left mithering over plot details, characters, supposed endings etc. I think I'll be one of those special people who'll wait until the episodes are shown. :)
  • Options
    kjwillykjwilly Posts: 291
    Forum Member
    Airborae wrote: »
    I missed all the fuss about spoilers being leaked online. And all I can say is this.

Thank God! I could have left mithering over plot details, characters, supposed endings etc. I think I'll be one of those special people who'll wait until the episodes are shown. :)

So why are you on the Spoilers thread oh virtuous one!
  • Options
    16caerhos16caerhos Posts: 2,533
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Episode 1 is absolutely bonkers! Brilliant, but bonkers.
  • Options
    dublintvfandublintvfan Posts: 5,077
    Forum Member
    Glanced over all 5 obviously wont see how it plays out till it hits screen the doctor does seem to still have a quirky and sarcastic type feelings kinda like a remodel of tom baker no huge sub plots so far all stand alone episodes with clara leaving the doctor each one Seems Danny is a guest role for now expect it to be like rory and join along the way either way no huge returns or plot twists in these 5 episodes
  • Options
    Andy_Smith1Andy_Smith1 Posts: 4,499
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just a quick question to people who have read the scripts will you still want to watch the episodes now when the air? Hopefully you do , god knows the show needs viewers
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,229
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well what a shame.

I can't see how the spoilers can be kept away. Loose lips and all that, cats out of bags.

So, unfortunately, I'm going to have to ban myself from DW on the internet until late September.

I'll probably get a lot of IRL stuff done.

Tatty-bye, until then.
  • Options
    saladfingers81saladfingers81 Posts: 11,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just a quick question to people who have read the scripts will you still want to watch the episodes now when the air? Hopefully you do , god knows the show needs viewers

If you mean literally 'The show needs viewers' then yes you are right. Every show does. But are you another person trying to insinuate its struggling? It isn't. It has millions of viewers. And lets not forget the majority of them won't be seeking out the scripts. Its the hardcore fans who will. And not even all of them will. I know I won't be. I love a spoiler. But reading the scripts before they even go to air? No thanks.
This discussion has been closed.