I Live In A Posh Upmarket Area...

124»

Comments

• Wolfman13Wolfman13 Posts: 1,579
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    'Council type families' :confused: what a snob you are OP.

Irony is the OP admitted to being one in post 27. :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The LHA rates only show upto 4 beds
    The coalition capped housing benefit to a maximum of a four bed house, so the four bed rate is the maximum they can claim.
  • LaceyLouelle3LaceyLouelle3 Posts: 9,682
    Forum Member
    Wolfman13 wrote: »
    Irony is the OP admitted to being one in post 27. :D

I missed that...hilarious!
  • too_much_coffeetoo_much_coffee Posts: 2,978
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The LHA rates only show upto 4 beds but they are at least 50% lower than the rents on rightmove for neighbouring properties, which are let on a per room basis to students.

As one of the families have been there for a year now I think an housing association has bought up the stock, as no landlord could be this daft.

Whenever I have had time off work they are in the garden etc so doubt they are working. Plus I've seen them coming home with bags of shopping from Iceland, which is odd when there is an M&S and Waitrose just around the corner. (The nearest Iceland is almost 2 miles away).

Thankfully like I said in the OP they aren't that bad by social tenants standards apart from the dog that barks when they let it out for 10 mins every now and again and the kids that play football but hopefully the housing association will cease their spending spree in my area.

It only takes one bad family to take a whole area down. This is why I believe they should be placed all in one place as opposed to spread out with us decent law abiding folk.

Are you sure that it's not Kerry Katona????? :D:D:D
  • Dare DevilDare Devil Posts: 118,737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    The LHA rates only show upto 4 beds but they are at least 50% lower than the rents on rightmove for neighbouring properties, which are let on a per room basis to students.

As one of the families have been there for a year now I think an housing association has bought up the stock, as no landlord could be this daft.

Whenever I have had time off work they are in the garden etc so doubt they are working. Plus I've seen them coming home with bags of shopping from Iceland, which is odd when there is an M&S and Waitrose just around the corner. (The nearest Iceland is almost 2 miles away).

Thankfully like I said in the OP they aren't that bad by social tenants standards apart from the dog that barks when they let it out for 10 mins every now and again and the kids that play football but hopefully the housing association will cease their spending spree in my area.

It only takes one bad family to take a whole area down. This is why I believe they should be placed all in one place as opposed to spread out with us decent law abiding folk.
    I am working class. Grew up on council estates but moved into upmarket area. Work full-time. I rent privately in a modest property and work full time on a semi-decent wage. I don't own the property but If I did, I would be mortified to see these "homeless" (if that's what they are/were which I'm very suspicious of) types moved into my area. I'm sure many home owners would agree. The only agenda here is coming from the usual "faux outrage" suspects.

Thankfully if we did get invaded by Roma's or problem families I have the freedom to move elsewhere. But it'd be terrible for the area and literally mean so area would be safe.

Not by your own "standards" then? You were once a social tenant, or were you not any of the degrading things you've said.

You outed yourself as a WUM in post #27.

You're a snob. Not only are you a snob, you're a snob that's forgotten their roots, where they've come from. To top it off, you're a curtain twitcher, nosey neighbour and to top it off, supermarket snob, too.

Not sure why you are so snobby though, you don't even own the house, you only rent. If you'd been sensible, rented somewhere cheaper, saved for a deposited and bought a house on your "semi decent" wage, then I'd have a little respect for you. Instead, you've just gone "I've got an ok salary, let's move to an "upmarket area", have a high rent to boost my over inflated ego and make myself look like something I'm not."

I'm not going to say anything about the other degrading and rubbish you say because you've said it, purely to wind people up.

You've outed yourself, please give it up now. Attention seeking is incredibly tedious. I'd say it makes you look stupid, but you've already taken care of that bit.
  • twingletwingle Posts: 19,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am working class. Grew up on council estates but moved into upmarket area. Work full-time. I rent privately in a modest property and work full time on a semi-decent wage. I don't own the property but If I did, I would be mortified to see these "homeless" (if that's what they are/were which I'm very suspicious of) types moved into my area. I'm sure many home owners would agree. The only agenda here is coming from the usual "faux outrage" suspects.

Thankfully if we did get invaded by Roma's or problem families I have the freedom to move elsewhere. But it'd be terrible for the area and literally mean so area would be safe.

OMG You rent your property and you don't own itand here you are acting outraged in your first post and now you are backtracking saying you are concerned for those who have bought.........................:confused::confused::confused:
  • annette kurtenannette kurten Posts: 39,543
    Forum Member
    Don't worry too much, they're only poor people. Reasonably unlikely to bite, just keep a bottle of cider in your car to placate them should they get angry. Absolutely don't look them in the eyes. The females will take it as a challenge and the males will spray everywhere if threatened.

[HIGHLIGHT]HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA[/HIGHLIGHT]