Christopher and James Arthur on BBC1 Breakfast just now

Comments

• curvybabescurvybabes Posts: 13,223
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Artois wrote: »
    Seems I'm a bit out of step here!! Although I don't particularly like Chris' singing, I've always thought the amount of vitriol directed towards him is unkind and disproportionate.
    However this morning he really irritated me. Constantly repeating what sounded like rehearsed comments about his journey and so on (sounded like a politician)... even when what he was saying was not even in context; jumping in when the question was directed at James and so on. He just seemed to have a massive ego to me. James on the other hand when he could get a word in was eloquent and dignified. I dont think he seemed ungrateful at all.

Just to clarify - Id like Jahmane to win because I think hes the best singer - although all three styles are very different.

I missed the show this morning but I think Chris is like a robot and always says the same comments, Dermott has often tried to get him to say something different after singing but he never does and Dermott just looks like arrghhhhhhhh
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    the moment he says "proud to be a scouser" i had to switch off
  • LW09LW09 Posts: 3,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Would've been funny to see him appear on Daybreak instead, given how 'bright and friendly' that show is meant to be.
  • Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 80,033
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LW09 wrote: »
    Would've been funny to see him appear on Daybreak instead, given how 'bright and friendly' that show is meant to be.

Lorraine would probably be so bored with James and Jahmene that she'll rush through their chat and move on to the extortionate phone-in competition:D
  • uzzybuzzyuzzybuzzy Posts: 2,949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Where was Jahmene?
  • troystontroyston Posts: 1,331
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    grimtales1 wrote: »
    James should have had his done ages ago if he's so nervous about them - I thought in previous series all the contestants had the teeth whitened with lasers and stuff like that?
    James sounds like he has a mouthful of sweets when he's talking.

It's not the colour of his teeth that's the biggest issue, its the shape of them, that needs orthodontic treatment which is not a quick fix. I always wonder, when I see young adults with bad teeth why on earth they didn't get it treated (when it would be free on the NHS!) as a kid. Had I not had mine done, I'd have a couple of teeth in my gums still.
  • LW09LW09 Posts: 3,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    troyston wrote: »
    It's not the colour of his teeth that's the biggest issue, its the shape of them, that needs orthodontic treatment which is not a quick fix. I always wonder, when I see young adults with bad teeth why on earth they didn't get it treated (when it would be free on the NHS!) as a kid. Had I not had mine done, I'd have a couple of teeth in my gums still.

Because you're not always offered it. My teeth have always been in good condition but I used to have one that was set back to the rest and the bottom ones weren't as straight as I would have liked. I always wanted it fixing but my dentist would never refer me because he didn't think it needed doing. I eventually had to go private and had a short course of invisalign but that was only because it was affordable.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If you watch the interviews that union j have had, they will say that Christopher tends to keep to himself a lot, not because he is ignorant but they think its because he is so much older than the others and they have no common ground. That to me makes a lot of sense.

Sorry edited to add, saw this happen a lot on the classes I taught in college, older students keeping to themselves because they did not fit in the with young and cool, its really common
  • AndyLouPandyAndyLouPandy Posts: 292
    Forum Member
    James could hardly get a word in for him bloody chirping in...STFU Maloney its not all about you!
  • Gill PGill P Posts: 21,582
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    James could hardly get a word in for him bloody chirping in...STFU Maloney its not all about you!

But did James even try? He could have spoken up if he had tried harder!

And I am not a fan of any of the X Factor people. There was only one winner for me and that is Joe McElderry.
  • Gill PGill P Posts: 21,582
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    uzzybuzzy wrote: »
    Where was Jahmene?

He was doing his home town bit with Nicole.
  • spkxspkx Posts: 14,870
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    All three were on ITV today and they were the same, James seem pretty pissed off.
  • The NetThe Net Posts: 5,494
    Forum Member
    kate53 wrote: »
    Cathrin - you are exactly right ! I don't know much about either of them but based on this morning I would prefer Chris

Any semblance that this is supposed to be a singing competition is blown up by comments like this.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 315
    Forum Member
    But it isn't just a singing contest, PR is a big part of being a pop star and James just didn't make the effort in either interview, today or yesterday, he just looked so miserable. I'm sick of his high and mighty "I'm credible (somehow having a guitar makes you credible now) so I'm better than this" attitude. FWIW I can't stand his singing either, he just mumbles through songs.
  • billiesmithbilliesmith Posts: 11,912
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    To be fair, I saw the Daybreak interview this morning and the three guys were outside in the freezing cold and there was some sort of delay on the line so none of them came across particularly well but not sure they should be judged on this interview :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 517
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Net wrote: »
    Any semblance that this is supposed to be a singing competition is blown up by comments like this.

Why. Many people consider Chris to be the best singer of the three and if he comes across as the most down to earth and accessible as well, that will endear them towards him even more.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bex. wrote: »
    the moment he says "proud to be a scouser" i had to switch off

And the moment I read: 'he says' and 'I had' in the same sentence, I had to stop reading. Maybe I'm both rude and intolerant. :p
    Forum Member
    Gill P wrote: »
    But did James even try? He could have spoken up if he had tried harder!

And I am not a fan of any of the X Factor people. There was only one winner for me and that is Joe McElderry.

I felt that James spoke when spoken to and when Christopher was asked a question he let him answer, Chris on the other hand jumped in at every opportunity, I found that quite rude but its just my opinion.

I've not really been impressed with any of the past winners, I love James though, to quote Cole "he's right up my street" :D I'd rather him not win though!
  • ValentineValentine Posts: 3,850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Blimey, James's body language could not have been any more hostile! :eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 315
    Forum Member
    Chris wasn't being rude, he was genuinely excited and happy to be there, unlike James appeared to be. I think he spoke more because he was conscious of James' one word answers and avoiding awkward silences.
  • SatanelSatanel Posts: 11,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I find Chris to have a much better vocal than James, & is easily the more likeable out of the two.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Valentine wrote: »
    Blimey, James's body language could not have been any more hostile! :eek:

That's because he's a charlatan, hiding too much and living in fear of exposure. It makes me laugh hearing this nonsense about Chris being difficult backstage. Chris strikes me as a harmless tool. He'd likely be annoying in company but at least he communicates and has manners. Jahmene seems a nice kid but James I could not be doing with. If I had to spend time with him and his posturing and attitude, I'd drop him onto his arse sooner rather than later. He strikes me as a total knobhead!
    Forum Member
    Why is he a charlatan and what is there to expose?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,888
    Forum Member
    I felt that James spoke when spoken to and when Christopher was asked a question he let him answer, Chris on the other hand jumped in at every opportunity, I found that quite rude but its just my opinion.

I've not really been impressed with any of the past winners, I love James though, to quote Cole "he's right up my street" :D I'd rather him not win though!

I agree. There's any number of reasons James might have been quiet. Maybe he was tired, or cold. I wouldn't exactly be bouncing off the walls if I had to get up at god knows what hour in the snow/rain. I think some people are being a little hard on him on the basis of an interview.

I like James. He is my sort of music. To me he comes across as introverted not arrogant. (I've been called confident or aloof myself when really I'm just shy :o)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why is he a charlatan and what is there to expose?

He can't sing. His own material is tripe. He plays basic chords on a guitar. He wears make up because he's uncomfortable in his own skin. He's being laughably promoted (by the X Factor's staff puppets and their briefed studio guests and hire-a-quote industry types - Holly Johnson kind of blew the lid on that one last week) as an edgy and original artist. He applies to go on X Factor, passing off other people's arrangements of well known songs as his own (ok, it's the judges and guests who do that for him), then does the sullen posturing and gives the 'I shouldn't be here' attitude. You work it out.