Will anti Catholic sentiment ever go away?

AZZURRI 06AZZURRI 06 Posts: 11,173
Forum Member
✭✭
Just wondering, but the reformation was a long time ago. And I love you all. :)

Comments

• BogzBogz Posts: 1,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I doubt it.
  • MidnightFalconMidnightFalcon Posts: 15,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    AZZURRI 06 wrote: »
    Just wondering, but the reformation was a long time ago. And I love you all. :)

How on earth did you manage to make that smilie look like it means "f**k you"?
  • AZZURRI 06AZZURRI 06 Posts: 11,173
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How on earth did you manage to make that smilie look like it means "f**k you"?

Ah that would be telling......
  • redhatmattredhatmatt Posts: 5,197
    Forum Member
    Depends is the catholic church going to apologize for supporting slavery, giving teaching that encourage the spread of aids, stop the homophobia and incitement towards atheist and secular groups? and report all priests that have been accused of ****ing kids to the police
  • VoynichVoynich Posts: 14,481
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maybes aye maybes naw.
  • KidMoeKidMoe Posts: 5,851
    Forum Member
    Is the pope catholic?
  • MidnightFalconMidnightFalcon Posts: 15,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    KidMoe wrote: »
    Is the pope catholic?

Which one?
  • LyricalisLyricalis Posts: 57,958
    Forum Member
    When it's long gone and we can look back on it with rose-tinted glasses. So like that time when people could leave school and easily get a job.
    Forum Member
    Which one?

The homophobic one?

Oh, wait. That doesn't narrow it down at all...
  • Kolin KlingonKolin Klingon Posts: 4,296
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Will Catholic interference with zero evidence of support ever go away?

All the time they continue to conduct themselves in this way, they will get people correcting them.
  • GlowbotGlowbot Posts: 14,847
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rather a baity thread no?

I'm hazy on what the reformation was at best, it's certainly not the cause of any anticatholisism from me. All my criticism is based on either actual institutional crime, cruelty or hypocrisy.

I find most Catholics to be nice folks, it's the organisation that requires more scrutiny if anything. If Catholics held their leaders to account more then we wouldn't have to, instead they blame "anti catholic" haters.
    I'm glad to see some positive movement on the side of justice for some victims and I hope it's genuine and honest, maybe the church can move forward and fix its problems one day.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Funny how nobody ever brings up the other faiths that comdemn certain things. The Catholic church doesn`t issue death threats against non believers. It is a very easy target. Why don`t people condemn the other faiths?
  • InMyArmsInMyArms Posts: 50,792
    Forum Member
    With some of the principles the Catholic church holds? No.
  • redhatmattredhatmatt Posts: 5,197
    Forum Member
    Funny how nobody ever brings up the other faiths that comdemn certain things. The Catholic church doesn`t issue death threats against non believers. It is a very easy target. Why don`t people condemn the other faiths?

They don't?

http://www.reuters.com/article/2007/11/30/us-pope-encyclical-idUSL3016839520071130

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Provisional_Irish_Republican_Army

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_terrorism
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    InMyArms wrote: »
    With some of the principles the Catholic church holds? No.

What about other faiths?
    Forum Member
    What about other faiths?

If it makes you feel any better, I think they pretty much all suck.
  • OhWhenTheSaintsOhWhenTheSaints Posts: 12,531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't work out if the OP is genuine.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Of course he is.
  • GlowbotGlowbot Posts: 14,847
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I doubt it really.
    Of course he is.
    Well that's me convinced.
  • quasimoronquasimoron Posts: 20,996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The thing is organised religion is not the most tolerant entity, no matter what the tenets are is it?.Intolerance and all the other woes are not down to Catholicism only are they, more down to human nature and a love of power and money.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JamesC81 wrote: »
    speaking as a non brit here those are exactly the same things the british have done down the centuries. i mean is there a country you (assuming you're british) havent tried to ethnically cleanse at some point?

i think the british are still upset they didnt kill off the irish catholics when they had the chance, now at least they'll never be able to nor can they push around indians, chinese, native americans or anyone else.

catholicism isnt the biggest stain on human history, its the british people

People who yap on about the Church are strangely silent when it comes to their own imperial and shoddy past.Built on Protestantism.
  • EspressoEspresso Posts: 18,047
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I think you're taking this martyrdom thing a bit far; of course other religions get condemned and berated.
    Ask a Muslim.
    Ask a Jewish person.
    Ask a Jehovah's Witness
    Ask a Seven Day Adventist.
    Ask Ian Paisley.
    Ask anyone at all who follows any sort of religion if they've faced abuse and condemnation from people who do not share their beliefs.
  • wazzyboywazzyboy Posts: 13,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    People who yap on about the Church are strangely silent when it comes to their own imperial and shoddy past.Built on Protestantism.

Pot, kettle. Back at cha ad nauseam. Et cetera.yah boo sucks.

See a pattern yet?
    Forum Member

2 wrongs etc etc.