So annoyed SWEDEN is getting so much love

Im astounded.

The only song that deserves to finish anywhere near UK is Austria.

Sweden's song is especially annoying me.

Its possibly the worst swedish entry for a few years and the adoration its getting is sooooo annoying. Poor structure and melody. Its just so meh

Im also getting disheartened with people in our own country willing us to do badly.

This is the first time in years I've wanted UK to win. Its looking less and less likely well get into the top 5. thanks to woeful ballads like Sweden, innapropriate songs about domestic violence in Hungary and Netherlands.

I will only accept 2nd place to Austria.

Comments

• Suzy07Suzy07 Posts: 2,822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ok calm down there. The show is watched by many millions of people, all of whom are entitled to their opinions. A lot of them will differ to yours

Hungary is not inappropriate at all, it's the best song in the contest.

I agree that Sweden is overrated.

You'll have to accept whatever result comes through I'm afraid!
  • thomizzlethomizzle Posts: 3,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Certainly an exaggerated impression of "Undo" but yes it's really generic and lacking that something real and emotional that you can feel from Austria, UK & Netherlands. It'd be a shame if this pips them.
  • felixrexfelixrex Posts: 7,307
    Forum Member
    I don't really get the love for it at all. I don't find it particularly 'unlikable' but I just don't understand where the buzz has come from around it. I've listened to it about five times trying to get 'into' it, the last time being about two hours ago, and I couldn't hum it now if my life depended on it.
  • FiercelyHipFiercelyHip Posts: 3,693
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I find it viciously overrated, but the thing that makes it vulgar is not the song or the performer, but Christer Bjorkman.

I'll be very aggrieved if/when Sweden are placed higher than us. There's more heartfelt ballads.
  • barrcode88barrcode88 Posts: 6,849
    Forum Member
    It is overrated, but its looking very wobbly in the odds now after the Dutch, UK and Austrian performances.
  • adamski94adamski94 Posts: 3,042
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I doubt austrian will win as many country wont vote
  • Hello.Hello. Posts: 1,894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't get the love for Sweden either, but perhaps its because its much more suited to the tastes of other European nations. I liked their winner a couple of years ago but this isn't a stand out winner like that. Its nothing particularly special and wont win.
  • rosetta12rosetta12 Posts: 4,010
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Suzy07 wrote: »
    Ok calm down there. The show is watched by many millions of people, all of whom are entitled to their opinions. A lot of them will differ to yours
    This.

Very often the songs I don't like have been getting lots of "love", but that's Eurovision.

For me the Swedish entry is about the only one that's screamed winner; but of course it may very well not win (which is to be hoped, as it'd be boring for ESC to stay in Scandinavia for one more year).
  • HitstasticHitstastic Posts: 8,627
    Forum Member
    Well, I'd rather see Eurovision 2015 in Sweden rather than a country like Armenia where I suspect humour doesn't exist. :D

I thought Sweden did a brilliant job hosting last year. So much more enjoyable to watch compared to the formal event the previous year in Azerbaijan - another country that hasn't grasped humour.
  • Chris MarkChris Mark Posts: 4,897
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hitstastic wrote: »
    Well, I'd rather see Eurovision 2015 in Sweden rather than a country like Armenia where I suspect humour doesn't exist. :D

I thought Sweden did a brilliant job hosting last year. So much more enjoyable to watch compared to the formal event the previous year in Azerbaijan - another country that hasn't grasped humour.

While I don't want to dismiss an entire nation I do agree, in these countries which are much more conservative the contest does seem to be a lot more formal. I don't want to see Sweden or Armenia win but if I had to choose between them I'd prefer it if the contest went back to Malmö (or possibly Stockholm) again.
  • rosetta12rosetta12 Posts: 4,010
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, I agree that Sweden did a great job hosting, but it's more interesting for ESC not to stay in the same area for many years in a row, and to give others a chance sometimes too ;)
  • Chris MarkChris Mark Posts: 4,897
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Suzy07 wrote: »

Hungary is not inappropriate at all, it's the best song in the contest.

I agree that Sweden is overrated.

You'll have to accept whatever result comes through I'm afraid!

I don't think the OP said that they weren't entitled to their opinions, they are merely baffled as to why the Swedish song has been so hyped and to be honest so am I.
  • HaruhiHaruhi Posts: 485
    Forum Member
    Anyone else thought the start of the song kinda rips of Miley Cyrus's Wrecking Ball?
  • AliceyAlicey Posts: 5,294
    Forum Member
    I really like the song and Sanna, but I don't want Lord Bjorkman in charge of Eurovision again!
  • cantoscantos Posts: 7,368
    Forum Member
    Having watched both semi finals, I had to remind myself what the song was.

A very forgettable song imo
  • FanFromHollandFanFromHolland Posts: 5,987
    Forum Member
    Where did you even get the idea of the Dutch and Austrian songs being about domestic violence?
    The dutch is about a relationship with a lot of arguing (the storm) and ultimately a break up (calm)
    The austrian song is about bullying and being judged for who you are but ultimately end up stronger because of that

Anyway Sweden is great and catchy and it has been stuck in my head for days
  • starrystarry Posts: 12,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Every year there's overhyped songs.
  • AdsAds Posts: 37,056
    Forum Member
    Sweden always seems to be one of the bookies favourites pre contest, and nearly always doesn't match the hype. This year looks no different.

Euphoria was one of the best Eurovision songs ever was an obvious favourite - this year's Swedish song is nowhere near Euphoria.
  • phill363phill363 Posts: 24,312
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anna Bergendahl was one of the favourites too back in 2010 look how that turned out
  • starrystarry Posts: 12,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ads wrote: »
    Euphoria was one of the best Eurovision songs ever was an obvious favourite

People keep stating this like it's some undeniable fact in here, and I guess others, as always, will naturally jump on board the bandwagon as a result. But I totally disagree.
  • cardiff boyocardiff boyo Posts: 3,065
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    According to a scientist Sweden will win and UK will get a top 10 finish.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/whats-on/whats-on-news/eurovision-2014-sweden-win-uk-7099026
  • sheepiefarmsheepiefarm Posts: 27,565
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For me - the Swedish entry just reeks of "corporate Eurovision"

Sure - it's polished and well performed but it lacks personality & character.

It's an entry that men in suits who want to win would put forward (but that's just my opinion)
  • thomizzlethomizzle Posts: 3,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Are you aware, Hitsy, that Aram MP3 is a part-time comedian in Armenia?!!
  • brbbrb Posts: 27,559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For me - the Swedish entry just reeks of "corporate Eurovision"

Sure - it's polished and well performed but it lacks personality & character.

It's an entry that men in suits who want to win would put forward (but that's just my opinion)

That is exactly how I'd describe Hungary this year. It's written for Eurovision success, and that sort of annoys me. It's exactly the type of fanwank song that Sweden is... at least Sanna can actually sing live though.

#yeahiwentthere
  • Absolute RotterAbsolute Rotter Posts: 787
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really like the Sweden song