Options

Jeans to actually sit on your waist!!

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,684
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I am in need of new jeans, my weight has fluctuated quite a bit since stopping smoking (onto my 7th week now :) ) and the ones I have don't fit.

I went out at the weekend to buy some new ones and could not find any! Why do they make jeans that fit at the back but seem to dip at the front? For people like me who don't have a particularly flat stomach they are mighty uncomfortable!

With the exception of high waisted, which I'm not particularly keen on, has anyone found jeans which are 'proper' fit??

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No luck on jeans, I always struggle. But congratulations on quitting smoking :) x
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jane-hen12 wrote: »
    No luck on jeans, I always struggle. But congratulations on quitting smoking :) x

Thank you :)
  • Options
    SeasideLadySeasideLady Posts: 20,775
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've got lots of womens jeans from Next - buttonfly and bootcut, and they all fit on my waist with no dip at the front. I can't do with low-rise either.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've got lots of womens jeans from Next - buttonfly and bootcut, and they all fit on my waist with no dip at the front. I can't do with low-rise either.

I used to get a lot of my jeans from Next SeasideLady but the last few times I've been in there is either none that I like or the sizing is off. Shame cos Next used to be really good.

Talking of sizing, they really need to redo the whole sizing thing! Going into shops and wearing size 10 then to another and getting size 12 or 14 etc is madness!! I hate shopping at the best of time and have no patience for trying things on that it is impossible to find something without trying on a bazillion things!
  • Options
    redcherryredcherry Posts: 12,333
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Marks and spencer do great jeans that sit on the waist and are very comfortable. I bought 3 pairs
  • Options
    fifilapewfifilapew Posts: 4,390
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Diesel do a really nice style called hyvi. They are skinny but sit just below the belly button. They are expensive but they fit so well I get upset when I have to put them in the wash :o:D
  • Options
    jez37jez37 Posts: 757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Levi skinny stretch. Fantastic, actually go above your belly button and are so slimming and comfy. They are my new best friends. Mine cost around £140 from a Levi store but i have seen them on Ebay in and around £50.

Good luck on your jeans hunt, it can be quite hard to get a pair that really suits after weight gain.
  • Options
    whackyracerwhackyracer Posts: 15,786
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Topshop do the best jeans on the high street. Around £40 so reasonable too
  • Options
    chitariverachitarivera Posts: 36,905
    Forum Member
    Also have a look at Dorothy Perkins jeans.
    :)
  • Options
    gertrude hubblegertrude hubble Posts: 1,271
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've had Next jeans for years but the most recent pairs I've bought haven't fitted so well and the quality is not as good. I'll have to keep an eye on this thread to see what else others say.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I actually found that a pair of Black Primark skinny "high-waist" jeans were the first pair I found that sat on my waist!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Also have a look at Dorothy Perkins jeans.
    :)

Not only did I find a decent pair of jeans but I found trousers for my work that don't give me camel toe or muffin top!! Excellent....thank you :)
  • Options
    xxTinkerbellexxxxTinkerbellexx Posts: 4,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks OP for starting this thread. I have the same problem too, so very happy to see the suggestios on here. :D
  • Options
    chitariverachitarivera Posts: 36,905
    Forum Member
    Not only did I find a decent pair of jeans but I found trousers for my work that don't give me camel toe or muffin top!! Excellent....thank you :)

Oh I'm so pleased!

I've had success with Dorothy Perkins jeans for a few years now.

And they last for ages considering they are so reasonably priced.

I'm all happy for you now.
    And happy that I've been able to help.

:):):):)